Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Shell was up, and I don't have any dmg +/- gear for run what-so-ever.
    (0)

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Just an unlucky poor resist?
    (0)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennotsukai View Post
    Just an unlucky poor resist?
    Most likely this. Shell gives a straight -MDT but the rest just increases your ME and like +evasion the monster still has a change to hit. If the monster got lucky and rolled a natural 20 then your just gonna eat the damage.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    Most likely this. Shell gives a straight -MDT but the rest just increases your ME and like +evasion the monster still has a change to hit. If the monster got lucky and rolled a natural 20 then your just gonna eat the damage.
    This happened to me twice in a row when fighting bombs in Halvung. I had been there a couple of hours doing earth trial and had got complacent. Didn't quite manage to get a ward off after TP move hit big before the spell hit for 900.
    (0)

To be honest, I'm disappointed in both of the new jobs, more so in GEO than RUN, but the major problems I see are these: Status effect and Debuffs like Rasp, Chock, and Drown still working far to well even with Pflug and Bar-spells. There's No Barlight or Bardark in the game, and I don't want them to be merits... That's lame and there are far better ideas that should be merited. Most Mobs cast multiple elements and having 1 rune of a certain element isn't even remotely effective. Foil is extremely under-effective. I'm also sad that the Liement ability isn't get a time reduction, as it needs it majorly.
    (1)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Quote Originally Posted by Zeargi View Post
    Most Mobs cast multiple elements and having 1 rune of a certain element isn't even remotely effective.
    One of my theories as to why the elemental resist is being increased today for Runes is for this reason. Unfortunately, and I hope my other theory is wrong, because that is: They were planning to give us an empy piece to allow us 4 Runes, but decided against it so are boosting the 3 we have now instead.

Foil is extremely under-effective. I'm also sad that the Liement ability isn't get a time reduction, as it needs it majorly.
    Possible that these may be boosted through AF, Relic, Empy or merits, but we'll have to wait and see.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    One of my theories as to why the elemental resist is being increased today for Runes is for this reason. Unfortunately, and I hope my other theory is wrong, because that is: They were planning to give us an empy piece to allow us 4 Runes, but decided against it so are boosting the 3 we have now instead.
    4 Rune would have been unlike seeing how no other job gets more than 3 of those special buffs: PUP, BRD, COR, etc... But it would be amazing if they did. But I think there needs to be a JA that can convert all active rune to 1 type, with like a 1min recast timer: If you only have 2 runes up, then those rune transfer to whichever is the next element you use.

Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    Possible that these may be boosted through AF, Relic, Empy or merits, but we'll have to wait and see.
    Foil might suck too because my Enhancing skill is far from capped, it's like 280...
    (0)
    Last edited by Zeargi; 04-30-2013 at 01:53 AM.
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    4 Rune would have been unlike seeing how no other job gets more than 3 of those special buffs: PUP, BRD, COR, etc... But it would be amazing if there did. But I think there needs to be a JA that can convert all active rune to 1 type, with like a 1min recast timer: If you only have 2 runes up, then those rune transfer to whichever is the next element you use.

Foil might suck too because my Enhancing skill is far from capped, it's like 280...

2songs+2extra songs= 4songs
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by hiko View Post

2songs+2extra songs= 4songs
    >_> Naturally BRD doesn't get 4 spells, and that's a whole helluva lot of work for it. Even with NIN's shoes for Utsusemi boost isn't as bad as any of the EMP weapon trials. RUN follow after PUP more-so than it does BRD anyway.
    (0)

Player
    >_> Naturally BRD doesn't get 4 spells, and that's a whole helluva lot of work for it. Even with NIN's shoes for Utsusemi boost isn't as bad as any of the EMP weapon trials. RUN follow after PUP more-so than it does BRD anyway.
    Well we were talking about with a piece of Emp gear that RUN would get that extra Rune, so it makes sense that naturally is not a factor.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast