Character
    Nebo
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

SoA and Treasure Hunter

I've spent quite a bit of time in the new expansion, and done it all on THF.

After having farmed all the bayld armor I want from Peacekeepers, put together a couple of skirmish statues and just sitting on a few hundred K bayld waiting on the price reduction before buying my Nakuul key items...I find the lack of use for Treasure Hunter kind of surprising.

It seems like all of the endgame activities have no use for it.
    • Farming Soul Pyres
    • Reive Rwards
    • Skirmish Chest rewards (Maybe it has an efect on the treasure pool after the key? Doesnt seem to.)
    • Nakuul Fight rewards
    • All of the various activities associated with farming for statue parts

Now...this hasn't necessarily prevented me from doing any of these things on THF. I can take my THF, my DT sets, my SCH or WHM and go super tank reives or farm soul pyres and quest items till I'm bored of it...which is starting to happen more frequently. There is only so much root whacking you can do. Reives tend to be pretty boring, imo.

But I can see it being difficult to get into a group on THF for some of these endgame activities if you don't have a pocket mage mule.

I'm just curious as to what your experiences have been so far with SoA on THF?

edit: And not that it matters, but I find it fitting that they didn't bother to give any of the new mobs steal or despoil items lol.
    (2)
    Last edited by Nebo; 04-21-2013 at 04:32 AM.

I created a thread on Steal/Despoil, DEV Response said they're going to add them, or add them moving forward or something, what i got from it was "oops, we'll put those in".

For what its worth, Only seems the new mobs have no pool, Efts/BlackEfts/allthemoldones have pools still, Just left out new types

Dunno if Mantid have em, But really doubt it.

As far as your other stuff, Yah, I'm kinda sad at the... lack of... TH Friendly content, when SE insists on that JT being our only useful and distinguishing feature. Who knows, maybe this new director will see how unreasonable from a balance standpoint to have a job based solely around a Trait they have no control over and is essentially just a boost to the RNG
    (2)

Character
    Alaik
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    I created a thread on Steal/Despoil, DEV Response said they're going to add them, or add them moving forward or something, what i got from it was "oops, we'll put those in".

For what its worth, Only seems the new mobs have no pool, Efts/BlackEfts/allthemoldones have pools still, Just left out new types

Dunno if Mantid have em, But really doubt it.

As far as your other stuff, Yah, I'm kinda sad at the... lack of... TH Friendly content, when SE insists on that JT being our only useful and distinguishing feature. Who knows, maybe this new director will see how unreasonable from a balance standpoint to have a job based solely around a Trait they have no control over and is essentially just a boost to the RNG
    I want to say "You must be new around here." but I know that's far from true, so instead I'll just say I want some of what you're sipping. lol
    (0)

TH is useful for many of the items used in quests. But that's all so far.
    (1)

Character
    Ferney
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    good if Se fixes this i will be happy,glad someone asked because i was wondering same thing.
    (0)