Character
    Ereven
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95

Returning player after only gone 2 months.

My wife had canceld her account about 2 months ago, then got bored and decided to come back to FFXI. She had to set up new account and then tried to link the account to POL. It would not do it. She called SE, got the message the phone lines were down and got directed to email support. She sent the email, got a reply to fill out some form to check compatibility with DXDIAG, did that, sent it; and then got some nonsense answer that had ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with what she asked.
    Then to top it off, she got a survey from SE asking how well the issue was handled, even asked her how the rep on the phone discussed it. She never got the chance to actually talk to someone, just the email nonsense.
    She has now decided that instead of "wasting" the money for FFXI, or even try FFXIV, that she'll use that moeny for something else and never try anything SE has a hand in.
    Customer support for SE seems to be non-existant, all any one gets is a rote reply, and it seems like every other helpless desk...it's your equipment, its NEVER theirs..or uninstall and reinstall.
    We just don't understand why it was so hard to re-activate her account, or at least physically talk to a person who "might" know why or why not it couldn't be done.
    (0)
    Erevan-Elvaan WAR 1st job, best job.
    Moved to Bahamut like lots of folks

As noted in the general forum rules, this forum is for the discussion of technical issues. Please submit any feedback for FINAL FANTASY XI through the appropriate forms on the SQUARE ENIX Support Center website.

The SQUARE ENIX Support Center can be found at this link:
    SQUARE ENIX Support Center
    (0)

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I say keep calling until you get it resolved. gl
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard
    The reason I keep coming back to XI as opposed to other MMOs is because of the content's lastability. While it is true that many pieces are outdated with each patch, to this day there are many old pieces of gear that are still near top-tier if not the top-tier. It encourages you to explore the whole breadth of content rather than asking you to bumrush and bypass all the old content just so you can grind the newer content. This is a model used by other MMOs such as WoW, and while I don't have anything against people that enjoy this model, if I wanted to play an MMO with that model there are many, many games vast superior to XI in terms of mechanics and especially customer service that offer such a model.