Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bayld Needed to Obtain the Wildskeeper Reive Key Item

Greetings everyone!

During the version update scheduled to take place at the end of the month, we will be making an adjustment so that the Bayld cost for the Wildskeeper Reive key items are reduced based on your rank with each Coalition. (We're currently finalizing development and testing on this.)

We’ll be sure to let you know additional details in the coming days!
    (21)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    This is a really good idea. Aside from fixing the steep price take on the Wildkeeper reives, it'll encourage people to do stuff for the shunned Coalitions (Inventors/Mummers) so we'll have more balanced growth in the colonization. Looking forward to it.
    (1)

Character
    Lynsara
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Not to be a negative nancy but it wouldnt be much of an issue if they made the content you used to gain bayld a little more interesting. So far the expansion has been pretty lackluster and mind-numbing. Reives were exciting at first but that excitement wained fast. There are a select few players who seem to be doing the quests and reives, and while there are always groups out there doing them, its mostly always the same people.

When you release a new expansion and after the first week there are only maybe 100 people participating in that expansions new content while 2k are doing what they did before release, you may wanna take a good look at whats going on
    (12)

Character
    Shidoshii
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    When you release a new expansion and after the first week there are only maybe 100 people participating in that expansions new content while 2k are doing what they did before release, you may wanna take a good look at whats going on
    While I agree that the expansion content is far from finished and could use ongoing tweaks, I don't think it's fair to judge it based on the reason you're mentioning. People aren't going to drop everything they've been doing to dive into the new content, especially when it is rather unforgiving, making it essential to put together basic gear sets beforehand.

Besides, if everyone jumped ship during the first few weeks of the expansion, wouldn't that say more about the weakness of the previous content rather than the strength of the expansion?
    (0)
    Last edited by Fermion; 04-14-2013 at 07:34 AM.

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    The problem with Adoulin content isn't that it's "challenging", but rather that it's boring. I'd like to think I have at least basic gear sets and I deal with Adoulin content just fine- killing roots for hours so I can either get a Skirmish piece or grind out enough for 1 wildskeeper reive isn't very fun, though. I didn't expect to drop all the old content but I really didn't expect that I'd actually prefer running old content to doing colonization.

I'm honestly not sure how they can fix it at this point. Maybe they'll surprise me, but it seems like Colonization Reives are the "basic content" of this expansion and if you want to get anywhere you'll be expecting to have to whack rocks and roots for hours. Lowering the Wildskeeper Reive cost will be a good start...I guess I just find it dumb I have to farm for 5+ hours just so I can get to the "real content" or whatever. I mean, MMOs are always a grind, sure, but I don't want to grind just so I can play the game.
    (5)
    Last edited by Kincard; 04-14-2013 at 02:06 PM.

Character
    Lynsara
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Fermion View Post
    While I agree that the expansion content is far from finished and could use ongoing tweaks, I don't think it's fair to judge it based on the reason you're mentioning. People aren't going to drop everything they've been doing to dive into the new content, especially when it is rather unforgiving, making it essential to put together basic gear sets beforehand.

Besides, if everyone jumped ship during the first few weeks of the expansion, wouldn't that say more about the weakness of the previous content rather than the strength of the expansion?
    Not necessarily. When a game as old as ffxi with such a huge gap between full blown expansions finally releases a new one you would expect ppl to be crawling all over it. Esp when such a large percentage of the playerbase already has more than just basic gear sets.

But when people flood the new areas and after a week decide that none of it is interesting or worth doing then you know its the new content that is weak, not the old.
    (4)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Totally agree, if Reives is the main bread and butter of SoA - we can pretty much say this expansion is the worst ever to be released. It sucks beyond belief and utterly boring if players are stuck with reives, and unable to progress anywhere. None of the previous expansions have this type of "walled" progression, not even WoTG which is considered one of the worst. You can almost see - a new players returning a year from now, getting stuck on SoA content not able to progress rankwise due to no one doing reives. They better fix this atrocious game mechanic or it would be very hard for returning players or new players to complete this once the novelty wore off and very few people bother to do it.
    (2)

Character
    Kylos
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    People are so impatient. Seekers of Adoulin is in its basic form, and I have enjoyed it so far to be honest. Reives are a bit repetitive, but I know they will release missions and the more fun content will unlock over time.

Is Skirmish fun? I have not done one yet, but would very much like too.
    (2)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I think the issue right now is I feel more like a gardener and an exterminator than an adventurer. Reives make your average Campaign battle seem downright compelling by comparison.
    (3)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Whack the roots and kill the bugs, that sounds awesome!! They really should rethink this whole reive battle thing, it is clearly that it was not designed well and rather lackluster. I really hope this is not the key thing to progress in SoA, I can see a year from now the whole zone is emptied and if you returning, you can't progress much. The same problem that is plaguing WoTG areas - and Walk of Echoes. And pretty much city clear Voidwatch and lower tier Jeuno and Zilart. No one bother to do these anymore and it is taking a long time and generate very low interest.
    (2)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast