Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarick View Post
    I only see the SAME hardcore players condescending Luvbunny about her negative dislikes yet, I rarely see anyone talking about how wonderful this game is publicly. The opinions of zealous players that like the changes seem entirely one sided. No amount of mistakes will ever result in failure.
    I'm sorry that I sound condescending, I assure you it's not my intention. I realize that we are all players of this game, and as such we are all cut of the same cloth. You don't see people talking about how wonderful the game is very often for the same reason you don't see people who have been married for 10 years talk about how wonderful their spouse is very often. The relationship has been going on a long time. Nothing is new enough to spark that deep interest that got them together in the first place. Some people are very dedicated and continue loving their spouse even as day-to-day life becomes routine and humdrum.

I can also make insulting overgeneralizations which dehumanize players who disagree with me and discard their opinions as "all the same" and "unimportant". But you play the game and have an opinion so even though I lose my cool sometimes, I never try to discard your opinion as something with no value or relevence. That would be true condescension.

Instead, I'm trying to show that I, and other players, enjoy things about the game that you don't enjoy. Hopefully maybe I can teach one other person to enjoy it the same way I do, but even if I can't, maybe I can get them to leave it alone so they don't convince the devs to change what I like about the game.

Did it ever occur to you that some people just don't like the new design? I've also played FFXI since the PS2 launch I'm not playing ATM. I hear garbage about the SoA expansion not being installed on other parts of the game world but the development changes from it affect hate and core combat in nearly every aspect. Also, the new systems are just rehashes of old systems created as time syncs with minimal rewards.
    Of course it occured to me that people don't like the new design. I'm sure it must also occur to you that there are people who enjoy the new design.

What was the last battle system or expansion that was added to the game that you genuinely enjoyed and didn't want to complain and/or suggest changes about? Even if there was one, I assure you there were several different people who complained about it. What makes a game entertaining varies from person to person which is why we have such widely varying games like Madden NFL(sports sims), Dynasty Warriors(bodies flying in every direction), and Xenosaga(90% cutscene, 10% gameplay).

So when something is added to the game, everyone has their own opinion on how it should be different. Give the players a forum where they can leave feedback for the devs, and it becomes a never-ending deluge of complaints and suggestions regardless of how good or bad the game actually is. People crave change, and they're not afraid to ask for it.

Fact is not everyone is openly complaining every day. Why? because its of no consequence or resolve. Players that openly defend the development team are merely obsessive tools that represent no one but themselves. The development can make no wrongs in their eyes even if the subscriber base is rapidly dieing in the background.
    I don't know what I have done to offend you so, but it seems the damage has been done, so I can only apologize. If you truly believe I think the devs can do no wrong, please refer to the threads I started during the time Dynamis was changing. I fought those changes with everything I had, and after the changes had been made, I whined and complained that it sucks and suggested changes to make it stop sucking.

Yes, the devs can, and have done wrong in the past. The devs can, and will do wrong in the future. However, I almost always universally oppose anyone who says something like this event is too hard or not rewarding enough when it first comes out. I also find "the whole game sucks", "the devs can do no right", or "I'm quitting" threads and posts to be repulsive examples of how not to give feedback.
    (1)
    Last edited by Yinnyth; 04-23-2013 at 05:06 AM.

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Luvbunny View Post
    LMAO you are comparing SoA to Abyssea which is a huge difference. Carabose kill can be repeated over and over solo or duo, yes it is annoying when you come there on a busy night, the same goes to Heqet and Gukumatz. Huge difference. You can't really solo the reives, a minimum of 3-4 people is required since there are 2 things to do.
    I chose to compare it to Abyssea because of how much I know you like Abyssea. My hope was that I could get you to see the similarities so maybe you'd begin to share my opinion on SoA.

You can solo reives on the right job with the right gear and the right approach. Just like how you can solo carabosse on the right job with the right gear and the right approach.

That said, I don't want it to be soloable. I want it to be like meebles where even though you might be able to solo(trio in the case of meebles) it, it gives you a bigger reward for bringing other people along. Because it's an MMO. Yes, some things you should be able to do solo, but many MANY other things should be geared towards getting players to play together.
    (3)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    You can't really solo the Reive - unless you are talking about Wasp Nest one from the Peacekeeper Coalition - where you can come as beast and sneak/invisible and wait at the outer rim of the Reive. They decided you don't get much bayld from your pet damage or in very reduced rate, you must deal the damage yourself. Even that one don't get as many rewards compared to the Pioneer Reive.

Yes I like Abyssea because it lets me play test any of the 22 jobs, use atma combination to mix and match the playstyle I was going for, testing weapon skills, seeing what other tricks each jobs can do, uncovering potential on some jobs, finishing magian trials, etc. And actually get rewarded - even if it is minimal - but at least you are getting somewhere.

The contents they introduced after Abyssea are not too shabby either. Groundtome is a great improvent of Field of Valor - why they don't implement the same bonuses to both is baffling. Sure, Voidwatch rely too much on RNG, but at least they are accessible, only one person need to have the clear to pop the NM. Meeble is not bad, it has quite variety of objectives, and you need teamwork to solve some of them. All the Neo contents are good, it is a rehash of the older one, but at least they are a rehash of a good older contents. Campaign and Walk of Echoes however, still need works, and any suggestion to make those better is still being ignored.

SoA however - not really bringing anything better than the previous contents, which is a let down since this is an expansion not some add ons. It needs to be able to outshine Abyssea, Voidwatch and Meeble alltogether and give us great reasons to move forward. Campaign 2.0 with a very bad lag is not what you call a great idea. I would rather they give us Meeble 2.0, where everyone participating get the same amount of points and you are forced to have 3-6 people and work as a team. Lag would be non existent, and mages get the same amount of reward as melee. Even Dominion 2.0 would be a welcome addition, it will give people reasons to kill all the new enemies and go check out every areas instead of clustering in Ceizak and Yahze.

Who knows, a year from now - SoA could be a really good expansion, it is obvious it is not quite ready for launch and it needs at the very least 2-3 big updates. Give it a year, and maybe it will be able to trump all previous expansion combined.
    (2)
    Last edited by Luvbunny; 04-23-2013 at 07:44 AM.

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Ochain PLD can solo colonization reives by aeolian spamming in range of the roots. I've seen BST pets slowly chipping away at roots completely solo. One of the most baffling things I've seen was a RDM who was face tanking all the wasps while keeping bio up on the roots. My bard could solo reives with well-timed sleeps, requiem on the roots, and meleeing when I get a chance, though it would be extremely difficult and time-consuming. BLU could theoretically solo reives using their sleeps to hold the mobs while killing the roots, though I've never seen one try.

All in all, I'd say reives is easier to solo than Chloris.
    (1)

Player
    You can't really solo the Reive - unless you are talking about Wasp Nest one from the Peacekeeper Coalition - where you can come as beast and sneak/invisible and wait at the outer rim of the Reive. They decided you don't get much bayld from your pet damage or in very reduced rate, you must deal the damage yourself. Even that one don't get as many rewards compared to the Pioneer Reive.
    Actually PLD can solo those too if I'm not mistaken, probably a few different jobs too like BLM, RDM, RNG, COR, dunno if they would take hate by hittin the nest from a distance or not like that but if so, it would work.

Quote Originally Posted by Yinnyth View Post
    All in all, I'd say reives is easier to solo than Chloris.
    I wouldn't go that far, my RDM can solo Chloris with only a stack of Holy Waters and like 5 minutes, but Reives... not so much.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    We were never supposed to reliably get to floor 100, ever. We were supposed to constantly throw ourselves at random content for a year or more before finally quitting over sanity issues. Now SE's slowly scaling it down and making it more accessible as it's been around awhile.

I expect the exact same for the "Delve" content, to be nigh impossible upon release. Players will find a way around it and only those players praying at the temple of the azure undergarments will be able to acquire the loot. Eventually SE will start reducing it's difficulty after they create newer content in another year or two.
    Why can't people just say it. Players will cheat to get there. It's okay to say it, you're not condoning it.

Personally, I welcome the day when SE takes a real good hard look at the tools available (both purely beneficial to your group, and harmful to any who would compete with you) and takes measures to either block these tools and get a real grasp on the difficulty of the content and how much of the community is slamming their head into the wall, or improve the pure game's features.

Players running over/through walls, fulltiming flee, seeing through walls, or over walls... It's like bringing a fully automatic weapon to a barfight. Of course you're gonna win, except for the rare time the bartender has a shotgun under the counter.

It is even sillier to know that certain tools only work because the server tracks and broadcasts the information. TP tracking addon works only because SE clearly, at one point, intended to display the alli's (or at least party's) tp in the client, but chose not to for whatever reason.
    (0)
    Last edited by OmnysValefor; 04-24-2013 at 01:25 PM.

Actually, Ochain PLD can solo colo rieves, and Aegis is feasible. It's not practical, but with shield mastery from 10-20 mobs giving you TP as fast as Meikyo Sushi, you can aeolian edge while keeping your shield protecting you from the mobs.

If you never let phalanx fall, Sentinel+Phalanx will make sure you get Phalanx back up, as will Rampart + Phalanx (if merited into Iron Will).

I'd love to say I've done it but I got extremely bored after 30 mins of just seeing if I could.

The goal is to get everything within your shieldblock range while you're as close to the middle point as possible so that your AE hits all crags or whatever.
    (1)

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by OmnysValefor View Post
    Why can't people just say it. Players will cheat to get there. It's okay to say it, you're not condoning it.

Personally, I welcome the day when SE takes a real good hard look at the tools available (both purely beneficial to your group, and harmful to any who would compete with you) and takes measures to either block these tools and get a real grasp on the difficulty of the content and how much of the community is slamming their head into the wall, or improve the pure game's features.

Players running over/through walls, fulltiming flee, seeing through walls, or over walls... It's like bringing a fully automatic weapon to a barfight. Of course you're gonna win, except for the rare time the bartender has a shotgun under the counter.

It is even sillier to know that certain tools only work because the server tracks and broadcasts the information. TP tracking addon works only because SE clearly, at one point, intended to display the alli's (or at least party's) tp in the client, but chose not to for whatever reason.
    You're going to rile up one of the guys who honestly believes that just because he's never succeeded in Nyzul, everyone who has succeeded cheated to do so.
    (2)

Greetings everyone!

Below is a follow-up post from Producer Akihiko Matsui in regards to the new content that will be implemented in the upcoming version update.

Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui View Post
    Matsui here.

I plan on giving a detailed explanation of the version update that's around the corner, but before that I would like to focus a bit on how you can participate in Delve.

I'll repeat what I said in my previous post, but the content level of Delve is higher than that of Skirmish and Wildskeeper Reives.

With that said, in order to be the person who initiates Delve, you will need the key items received by defeating Naakuals.

If you are just participating, you will not need the key item; however, the balance of this content has been set on the notion that you have already acquired Skirmish or Wildskeeper Reive class equipment. (Previously, I accidentally said Bayld equipment, I apologize.)

There are three types of Delve items:
    • XXX Ygrette
    • XXX Yggrete shard
    • XXX Yggzi Beads
    (The XXX part is different depending on the area.)

Ygrettes are the items you trade for the Yantric Planchette you need to enter the fracture.
    Yggrete shards are the items needed to fight NMs above ground.
    Yggzi Beads, when attached to the Yantric Planchette, will make it so up to 3 NMs will not spawn in the fracture.

These items can be obtained via Colonization Reives, Lair Reives, and from regular monsters in the following three areas, where there is an entrance to the Delve fracture.
    • Ceizak Battlegrounds
    • Morimar Basalt Fields
    • Foret de Hennetiel

During Delve you will be able to obtain powerful equipment, materials to enhance the equipment you have obtained, and specialized points known as "Mweya Plasm."

Below is what we have envisioned strategy wise for Delve.
    1. To start off, you'll have to prepare for the boss monster fight by fighting NMs in the field or in fractures and acquire Mweya Plasm, equipment, and enhancement materials.
    2. Once you've enhanced your equipment, join forces with other players and challenge the boss.

Of course, if you feel confident that you have the right firepower, you don't necessarily need to follow the above steps.

While there will be items based on certain drop rates, by continuously taking on Delve, you'll be able to save up Mweya Plasm and exchange it for the item that you want. With that said, you might want to just go ahead and fight the boss with 18 people, or you could just take 6 people to gather Mweya Plasm and enhancement materials. This will vary depending on your objectives.

You can exchange the Mweya Plasm you've obtained for items via the NPC "Forri-Porri" located in West Adoulin (I-10). However, just collecting these points alone will not make it possible to exchange for all the gear on tap. In order to exchange for equipment from bosses you will have to defeat the respective boss once.

Spoilers!
    If you have yet to get an emblem for the Inventors Coalition, I suggest voting on it.

The above is just a simple introduction to Delve and we'll be announcing all the specific information on the day of the version update. Also, we are also looking into introducing Delve using a video or such.

In closing, I'd like to mention this again.
    Delve is being released with balancing for top players; however, after we release newer end-game content we plan on making adjustments for those players catching up.
    (7)
    Last edited by Camate; 04-26-2013 at 04:00 AM. Reason: Added area names
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Ovjang
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Camate forgot to list the areas.

Original:
    これらのアイテムはメナスインスペクター地下空洞の入口がある