Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Delve Deeper into Seekers of Adoulin!

Greetings,

Below is a message from Producer Akihiko Matsui about "Delve," the new content that will be implemented during the version update set to take place at the end of the month.

Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui View Post
    Delve and Content Level

We will be implementing Delve in the end of April version update.

This content will allow you to obtain equipment and enhance them without having to fully complete the content (e.g. defeating the boss), so there is a wide range in the content level (*) between the beginning and the boss.

Give it a shot, and if you feel it's kind of tough, defeat the Delve NMs, obtain the equipment you can get from points and then enhance them. Or try to get the rewards from Skirmish and the equipment that can be bought with Bayld.

Also, in regards to the content level for the Skirmish content which has already been implemented, it is on par with that of the new Salvage and Nyzul Isle Uncharted Investigation, as well as the equipment you can receive through Bayld.

If this also feels a bit too tough for you, try your best to obtain gear from the new Salvage content and through reives. Once you've procured equipment from these, it should feel much easier than when you began to do the new Salvage content.

This new content is being released in a state that has been adjusted for the top players, but we plan on making adjustments to this content for players challenging it afterwards once we implement newer end-game content.

Also, in regards to the content level, the development team is currently trying to zero in on the precision through trial and error, so I would like to continue to post explanations on this.

*Please read my post here for my explanation on content level and the level design for content of Seekers of Adoulin and beyond.
    (21)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Player
    Just hope they actually tested this content themselves and beaten it this time around, unlike previous events that were nigh impossible without abuse of certain abilities (which have since been nerfed into the ground) and exploitative strategies such as complete stun-lock rotations.
    (12)

Character
    Sargent
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Also, in regards to the content level for the Skirmish content which has already been implemented, it is on par with that of the new Salvage and Nyzul Isle Uncharted Investigation, as well as the equipment you can receive through Bayld.
    I think most people's issue with Skirmish at the moment is actually getting the simulacrum. As of now you can only obtain pieces through;
    • HELM, lowish rate of obtaining them
    • Coalition Assignments (very low rate)
    • Reives (see above)
    • Soul Pyres, of which only 6 can be up at any given time and drop rarely (then you have to open them which can prove impossible dependent on terrain).
    • Auction House/Bazaars. Yours for the low price of 10~20m each on Leviathan (30~60m per pop)
    It's OK making content difficult to do based on the rewards and with Skirmish the rewards are very good, but unless you want to spend millions per attempt entering at all relies too heavily on luck. SE should at least look into easing how to obtain simulacrum.
    (13)
    SMN99/SAM99/DNC99/PLD99/THF99
    Summoning magic skill: 545
    Hvergelmir 90

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I think the developers have good ideas, but they are very bad at implementing it, and not doing proper testing instead using players to be the tester. And for the love of god, please make that risk-reward ration BETTER!!! There is no reasons to punish the players who want to try it first. And bad reason to do things extremely conservative. Look at abyssea and please follow the risk reward ratio there. We want to be able to advance a little at a time with no time or effort wasted. I rather do the abyssea style grind where every little bit of effort is advancing me a little further.
    (4)

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Luvbunny View Post
    Look at abyssea and please follow the risk reward ratio there. We want to be able to advance a little at a time with no time or effort wasted. I rather do the abyssea style grind where every little bit of effort is advancing me a little further.
    You can have a very large reward/risk ratio without making the game as easy as abyssea. Modern NNI is a good example of this. The risk is tiny. 1 failure is only 30 minutes lost. The reward is massive. Everyone in the group gets 1 piece of their choice, plus a pouch of alexandrite and random armor drops.

The difficulty of this event is higher than most other events however. While it's true that a really good group can get unlucky, or a really bad group can get lucky, both try again 30 minutes later and over a series of runs, skillful play is gradually rewarded.
    (12)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Do they pay you well to write that stuff? I don't believe I've ever heard anyone describe NNI in such a pleasant light.
    (7)

Character
    Infidi
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    Do they pay you well to write that stuff? I don't believe I've ever heard anyone describe NNI in such a pleasant light.
    He's just never had lamp floors ? XD
    (1)

Character
    Ica
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Yinnyth View Post
    The risk is tiny.
    My computer, the window I sit next to, and my sanity are all at risk each time I attempt NNI.
    (10)

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    I have 2 characters I maxed out on NNI gear with 2 different statics. Both statics took some "breaking in" before we got the hang of it and started working well as a team together, but around the time we finished everyone up with gear, we were approaching a 50% win rate. Our average number of floor jumps per run was in excess of 17 in my first static, around 16 in my second.

And NNI will only continue to get easier and easier as better equipment becomes more readily available. Yes, lamp floors are a pain until your group learns a good system for dealing with them. Always buy sprinters drinks. One person can hit 3 lamps on a "same time" floor if they pop sprinters.

Just because you don't enjoy something doesn't mean I also don't enjoy it. Take neo Dynamis, for example. I have a large amount of hatred for it. I preferred the older version because it required more teamwork and strategy. The exact same reason I enjoy NNI. Just a pity I really have nothing left to gain from it, but I have tagged along in random pickups every now and then.
    (5)

Quote Originally Posted by Ica View Post
    My computer, the window I sit next to, and my sanity are all at risk each time I attempt NNI.
    30+ 2-3 floor jumps in 8 runs and regularly timing out coz of kill all floors on F99 with 25 mobs at max level? Sounds about right, and clearly working as intended -.-
    (5)
    As I stand looking out from my mog house window, I reminisce about the old days and the many ups and downs of my adventures throughout Vana'diel.

It is then that I know achievement.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast