Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Community Rep EU_Community_Team's Avatar

Important Announcement for Steam Users

Unfortunately, due to technical difficulties, the Seekers of Adoulin standalone expansion pack will not be available for purchase on Steam. However, we're pleased to announce that our fans who have previously purchased a version of FFXI on Steam will be able to purchase the FINAL FANTASY XI: Ultimate Collection Seekers Edition through Steam at a special discounted rate starting Friday, April 19th 2013.

*Important:
    Before you install FINAL FANTASY XI: Ultimate Collection Seekers Edition, please ensure that you "Delete Local Content" of any previous versions of FINAL FANTASY XI within your Steam library. Detailed instructions can be found here.
    Once you have installed FINAL FANTASY XI: Ultimate Collection Seekers Edition, please visit the Square Enix account management page to either link your registration key and bonus item codes to your existing account or to create a new account.
    (2)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    It's still listed at $39.99.(10:50am pacific.)
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    It's still listed at $39.99.(10:50am pacific.)
    Are you logged in? It's showing with a 25% discount here.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Worth noting you don't need to uninstall the steam version, you can just install the SoA expansion on it.

(edit: though, I didn't read the notice carefully enough to figure out that in lieu of offering the standalone expansion, they are offering the ultimate collection *on steam* instead (I thought it was the non-steam version they were offering when I first read it)
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 04-20-2013 at 03:42 AM.

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Are you logged in? It's showing with a 25% discount here.
    I can't not be logged in.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    I can't not be logged in.
    I tend to browse through the webpage, not Steam itself, my bad.

Not sure why it wouldn't work then unless they buggered up something simple like not applying the discount to both FFXI Collections they released on Steam in the past.
    (I own both so I can't tell)
    (0)

Greetings,

Sorry for any Steam related confusion!

In order to qualify for the discount on Steam, you must have purchased your previous copy of FFXI through Steam directly. If you simply registered a Steam code, the discount will not apply as it was not purchased through Steam. Let us know if that clarifies it for you!
    (2)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Volkai
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I'm a little surprised that the SoA expansion couldn't be offered as a DLC add-on to the UCAE, but I suppose that would require keeping the UCAE up for sale and adding the UCSE as a separate product, instead of replacing the UCAE with the UCSE as has occurred.
    (0)
    "Don't take life too seriously, you can't get out of it alive."

Adoulin is installed but still not lighting up on your title screen? Here's what to do:
    Go to https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/login?cont=account and log in, then Select Service >>> PlayOnline / FINAL FANTASY XI >>> Add a service account (blue button) >>> input expansion software registration code.

Character
    Volkai
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings,

Sorry for any Steam related confusion!

In order to qualify for the discount on Steam, you must have purchased your previous copy of FFXI through Steam directly. If you simply registered a Steam code, the discount will not apply as it was not purchased through Steam. Let us know if that clarifies it for you!
    Is this a temporary discount or do owners of previous FFXI versions on Steam have access to this discount indefinitely?

I purchased SoA through the SE store but am interested in buying UCSE on Steam anyways (for the shirt and hat) - so I'd like to hold off on buying this for a couple months (I plan to build a new computer and use the UCSE install on that) if that would not affect my ability to capitalize on this discount.
    (0)
    "Don't take life too seriously, you can't get out of it alive."

Adoulin is installed but still not lighting up on your title screen? Here's what to do:
    Go to https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/login?cont=account and log in, then Select Service >>> PlayOnline / FINAL FANTASY XI >>> Add a service account (blue button) >>> input expansion software registration code.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    No real reason to "hold off"... just buy it now and install it later.
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast