Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Character
    Tengoku
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    It would be interesting if Blue Mage had two set up for spells and like a Job ability on a five min timer where you could switch out one for the other and the normal delay for switching spells would effect one or both of the sets.

Also when Blue Mage came out I always wanted like a transparent or shadow image of the mob to actually use the spell when it was cast.
    (0)

Player
    Blue Magic! What What!
    (0)

Character
    Scuro
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    That's a silly thing to complain about, considering that even though they removed that 1MP/tic, they almost doubled the duration of it. Overall it restores exactly the same amount of MP as Refresh II (3/tic instead of 6/tic, but it lasts 5 minutes while Refresh II only lasts 2.5 to start). I would much, much rather have a 3MP/tic, 5-minute Refresh than a 4MP/tic 3-minute one, not even considering the MP saved by having to cast it a lot less. There was also an absolutely zero percent chance of BLU's Reaving Wind having the same effect as the mob version.
    The reason why is because BLU uses MP differently then any other job, It uses it in fast succession and doesn't really have to slow down as a healer, BLM, SCH. With those particular jobs, that would make a lot of sense, but the way of returning MP the fastest is the best. Although it does compare well with Refresh II, I would rather get MP back quicker, then to have to b*tch and whine about having to cast the spell over again. I can't say I ever or heard anyone ever complain about having to recast the spell on themselves, and everyone loved the 4MP tic. There was really no reason to change it imo. And it is because of BLU's MP use vs other mages MP use that I feel a faster MP return vs more MP return is better for BLU.
    (0)

Player
    You'll have to forgive me, but I don't think Blu needs much more added to it. Spells like protect/shell or rr would be a bit much. Blu is already the most powerful job. I see Blu solo about 10 IT mobs in 10 seconds. How many jobs can do that? Not saying they should nerf Blu, but they definately don't need more imo =)
    (0)

Character
    Cabalabob
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    Yeah, but I think another problem would be that only one mob in the entire game uses it, and he's in a BCNM that requires you to defeat 15 Abyssea NMs. Then again, they made BLUs struggle through CoP to get spells there, so it wouldn't be the first time. Still don't see it happening, though.
    well ther have been multiple mobs with the same move before (mandies + quadauv get headbutt goobue + opo-opo get blank gaze) they culd easily bring in a new mob with mighty guard or even just add mini versions of shinryu as a normal mob somewhere (mabe moblin maze mongers?)
    (0)

Character
    Scuro
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    BLU definitely still needs adjustments, its very good, no doubt, and yes it can solo SOME IT mobs (Definitely in Abyssea with Atma), but I would say its still a far cry from being complete in its possibilities, that much is for sure. The job is good, not great, if it were great, every body would be looking for a BLU for everything, BLU is mostly desired for Abyssea things because it can proc, not because of what it can really do (with some acceptions of course).
    (0)

blue mage is the most EPIC job ever. one of the main reasons i started playing ffxi was because they added this job.
    (0)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4