Character
    Mystaria
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

RUN elm debuff on Providence Watcher? Pand Warden?

Just wondering if anyone has tested RUNs ability using 3 rune enhance of the same elm to debuff a mob elm resistance just before BLMs would nuke or so if it really improves things or if a normal high end game blm would still just overpower a mob without the help. Also been wondering if the party defense and absorb actually do much in the endgame use for things.

Speaking of that... Anyone know how the defense and absorb work for rune enhance? I know it says its based off the runes used. So I tried this on a water elm. I used 3x Water Rune Enhance (Which without JA would let me deal water dmg and resist fire) so when I did the JA defense ability to absorb dmg. Seems nothing was absorbed. So makes me wonder if I would have to use thunder rune enhance, something that dealt thunder dmg but enhances resist to water? Idk. Lil confusing here.

But yea, Trying to see if for Prov or Pand, hell even Legion if RUN can actually provide some good help for the BLMs to nuke on or for you to beef up the magic defenses of say the tank party.
    (0)
    Last edited by Mysticales; 04-18-2013 at 02:12 PM.
    ~Battlez-avec la Mystique?~

Character
    Jojober
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 90
    If you are wanting to absorb a spell from a water elemental, you'd want to use Supor - the one that gives you water resist and deal thunder damage. The rune you had up will absorb fire damage, which a water elemental isn't going to throw at you.
    (1)

Character
    Mystaria
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Thanks, Good to know. Seems to odd how it works at 1st heh. Now good question. Using Supor x3, I would have a resistance to water already some while I dealt thunder damage by default yes? So by using the JAs, it just means I am increasing that default rune enhance default resist/absorb MORE? Wonder what that increase % is from base Rune Enhance defense to JA enhance values.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticales View Post
    Thanks, Good to know. Seems to odd how it works at 1st heh. Now good question. Using Supor x3, I would have a resistance to water already some while I dealt thunder damage by default yes? So by using the JAs, it just means I am increasing that default rune enhance default resist/absorb MORE? Wonder what that increase % is from base Rune Enhance defense to JA enhance values.
    The absorb is 100% of the damage that would be dealt if you had no shell, and no -MDT gear on. It goes up in stages from there, I think 115% with 2 and 130% with 3, but don't quote me on it.

The damage reduction from Vallation/Valliance is 15% MDT for that element per rune. This is multiplicative with other MDT making a cap of 72.5%
    (1)

Character
    Mystaria
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    So anyone try the elm debuff with 3x runes before a blm nuke and have any numbers?
    (0)