Character
    Rubican
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99

Legendary Weapon Adjustments?

I would like to point out the elephant in the room. With skirmish weapons making their debut, several of my linkshell mates and I were talking about what will happen to the Legendary Weapons (Mythic, Relic, Empyrean). The skirmish weapons have higher base damage and can be augmented to surpass the abilities of the Legendary weapons at even level 99. Now, people will argue that the aftermath affects would balance that out, but that is not the case, the aftermaths might help spike damage but over all the legendary weapons fall behind that of weapons that can be obtained easier, or with much less work.

So what should or could be done?
    Raising the base damage of the legendary weapons, in addition to buffing the weapons skills again. People take months and in the case of mythics years to make the weapon they seek, and they are suppose to be the best for their respective jobs.

Does the Dev team have plans for the legendary weapons?
    (6)

Character
    Valflux
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Empyrean and Relic weapons are extremely easy to obtain now, and likewise they have become extremely common... I don't know about the skirmish weapons but I certainly hope they make harder to obtain ultimate weapons in the new expansion, and those most definitely should not be paralleled by the old ones.
    (0)

Character
    Candlejack
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant82 View Post
    I would like to point out the elephant in the room. With skirmish weapons making their debut, several of my linkshell mates and I were talking about what will happen to the Legendary Weapons (Mythic, Relic, Empyrean). The skirmish weapons have higher base damage and can be augmented to surpass the abilities of the Legendary weapons at even level 99. Now, people will argue that the aftermath affects would balance that out, but that is not the case, the aftermaths might help spike damage but over all the legendary weapons fall behind that of weapons that can be obtained easier, or with much less work.

So what should or could be done?
    Raising the base damage of the legendary weapons, in addition to buffing the weapons skills again. People take months and in the case of mythics years to make the weapon they seek, and they are suppose to be the best for their respective jobs.

Does the Dev team have plans for the legendary weapons?
    SE's current answer is no less than "Oh, you went through the trouble of making an RME weapon? Well, isn't that SPECIAL?! Unfortunately, we won't be scaling the damage of Delve weapons down, nor will we scale the damage of RME weapons up. Instead, we're going to take a dump on a plate and tell you to eat it while allowing you merely to unlock the Relic and Empyrean WSes from their respective weapons".
    (0)

Character
    Colliex
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Im tired of R/E/M's I wanted sometime more powerful than my apoc for a long time and now comes the time I can get that weapon. I love the dawn of the crafted relics, crafting have been in the dumps for years and now the new crafted weapons are among the most powerful weapons in the game. This is music to a multi high lvl crafter ears, I cant wait to gather the mats to forge one.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Cljader1 View Post
    Im tired of R/E/M's I wanted sometime more powerful than my apoc for a long time and now comes the time I can get that weapon.
    Not until the WS and AM are able to be used on another weapon, if you have been using Apoc for damage specifically then you have been using the wrong weapon...
    (0)

Character
    Colliex
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    Not until the WS and AM are able to be used on another weapon, if you have been using Apoc for damage specifically then you have been using the wrong weapon...
    Been using a rag too, im just tired of R/E/M's they have been out for years. I always wanted crafted relics and its about time crafters get some love. R/E/M's have run there course everyone has them and now its time to move on to more impressive weapons.
    (0)
    Last edited by Cljader1; 05-03-2013 at 10:01 AM.