Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yinnyth View Post
    I'm really glad they're upping the resistance, and I shouldn't really expect an answer to my question since that's just not how SE works and the update is really close anyways. I'm just excited about it is all.

Now if they'd just give runefencer barlight and bardark...
    It shouldn't be too bad after the update even without barlight and bardark... Increased resistance from runes, Even if it only goes up to 35 at level 99, it's still over 100*, and I could see it going to either 40 or 50. Then with the reduction in recast timer for Valliance, the reduction of Vallation is irrelevant. Valliance > wait 3 mins > Vallation > wait 2 mins > Valliance etc, rinse and repeat. You always have one or the other up for vastly increased damage reduction.

I just wish I understood exactly what their effects are!

Edit: * with 3 runes up
    (0)

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post

Vallation and Valiance? It's been reported as 15% damage reduction per rune (as long as it's the proper element). It's also been reported that this 45% stacks multiplicitively with MDT, so if you have 50% MDT and triple rune valliance on, you would have 72.5% damage reduction from that element.

Aegis PLD is still the winner as far as outright reducing magic damage goes though. Rune fencer's advantage is supposed to be their massive elemental resistance (magic evasion). My run currently reaches 222 elemental resistance with 3 runes and self-cast barspells, but even with that, the "tough" umbrils just outside Adoulin are still capable of landing paralyze on me roughly 50% of the time. Without bardark, how is a rune fencer supposed to tank enemies who spam sleep, absorbs, and/or dispel?
    (3)
    Last edited by Yinnyth; 04-17-2013 at 06:15 AM.

Character
    Hideka
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Yinnyth View Post
    I feel compelled to ask: how much will resistances be increased per rune at level 99?
    seeing as how they followed my suggestions to almost to a T regarding the things that needed to be altered about the existing abilities? id say +50 but that's just be being arrogant and thinking that SE actually listens to my opinion >_>
    (0)

Character
    Horadrim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    It shouldn't be too bad after the update even without barlight and bardark... Increased resistance from runes, Even if it only goes up to 35 at level 99, it's still over 100*, and I could see it going to either 40 or 50. Then with the reduction in recast timer for Valliance, the reduction of Vallation is irrelevant. Valliance > wait 3 mins > Vallation > wait 2 mins > Valliance etc, rinse and repeat. You always have one or the other up for vastly increased damage reduction.

My interpretation is that they edit the M.Resistance equation in some way that increases the likelihood of a high end resist based on the number of runes you have up.

I hope the values go up to 45. That way we can have up to 3 elements resisted about half of what we can currently have one. Adds a lot more versatility against mobs who cast multiple elements.
    (0)
    Somewhere in space... this could be happening right now.

Player
    I've very excited about the recast reduction to Valliance.

That seems like the first huge step that Rune Fencer needs to go from "Worm Slayer, the guy who solos worms really easily" to "Rune Fencer, the guy who might have a party slot against serious monsters who use a lot of magic damage".
    (4)

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Really like these adjustments. I just hope more keep coming.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Kojo View Post
    I would like to buy you a beer, sir!

By the way, Camate, are there any plans to alter Foil? It either needs to have a longer duration or less of a MP cost, 48 MP is too much for a 45 second duration spell, and for it to be useful, you'd have to cast it frequently.
    And considering us playable races that don't have a lot of MP to begin with, it takes out a big chunk. Though I can't complain at the moment since I stopped my RUN at Lv15 to work on my other lower-lvl jobs and increase their lvls.
    (1)

Character
    Zuidar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    The adjustments are looking nice! But I'm kinda concerned about how Effusion Lunge/Gambit recast are being left as is. I've imagined those two would of had adjusted recast timers as well. Being able to use Lunge is decent, and even more when stacked with Gambit, but it's just that a 3 minute cooldown waiting to use Lunge again is kind of a little longer. Other than that, I am excited with the current adjustments the team is working on!
    (0)

nice start guys. but I'm really interested in seeing our merits/JSE, please get on that soon. I love this job.
    (0)

Character
    Nightfox
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    These are very good adjustments.
    (0)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast