Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Character
    Herby
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Being a Summoner can be disheartening these days :/

This is probably a Rant Post, but I really have to say how I feel about SMN these days.

SMN has and will always have a special place in my Heart, but I can't ignore this feeling of being an unwanted Job in Vana'diel not only by the Community but SE themselves.

SMN has so much Potential but every good thing has like 3 drawbacks.
    Avatar's Favor for example, gives 1 pretty nifty buff (the perp cost -3 isn't needed nowadays) and you lose offensive power (that's fine actually if that would've been the only thing), you have to wait MINUTES to get the buff tp full potential and on top of that you'll reset the buff potency when you do any Blood Pact. That's beyond broken but enough about this, i'm always getting back to this one apparently...

The thing I wanted to talk about today is that SMN almost always gets shafted when it comes to updates: we were promised Cait Sith LAST SUMMER. Well we all know how that panned out.

The Enmity Adjustments while necessary for melee classes absolutely broke SMN solo play. Everything EM and above doesn't seem to be interested in my avatar after about 20-30 seconds, even though i used a 2k+ dmg Blood Pact and I didn't even do anything else than that BP while SE seems to be fine with this since they only reduce the enmity generated by casting avatars in the upcoming "enmity fix".

I am truly sad that a Job with this much Potential gets neglected to this degree and that I am not able to enjoy this Job anymore because of this.

And although I know that this plead will be neglected again:

PLEASE, SE, change something about SMN. Either fix the solo situation, or make them DESIRABLE for more party situations. Give them something of their Uniqueness back ;/
    (68)

Character
    Risae
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 90
    I guess all anyone else can do is 'like' for even more support on the matter.

With my limited knowledge, I can only say that mechanics wise, I don't know why Blood Pact Delay has a cap, or at least not that cap. I can also say that I don't understand why Avatar's Favor potency would be reset by Blood Pacts when the avatar is weaker anyway.

I doubt they'll change the enmity system overly (beyond what's planned) so I hope career SMN manage to find some really good -enmity builds that don't cripple them. It's not a full solution, though, so this all stands. I hope enough people can agree on simple changes that can be put on the test server(?) so something can happen.
    (5)

Character
    Sargent
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    It was bad enough that Summoner only got used for PD, which then got nerfed (which tbh I'm glad about, nothing quite as bad as coming to an event just for your 1hr), but then they completely wrecked any chance of solo play with the enmity adjustment. So now you got a job which doesn't get invited to endgame besides ADL/Odin II (only for a 1hr ability) and can't solo anything worth a damn due to it being the squishiest job in the game with a pet that can no longer hold hate. I hope SE fix the Enmity issue at the very least, but the job itself is way overdue adjustments.
    Quote Originally Posted by Randnum View Post
    With my limited knowledge, I can only say that mechanics wise, I don't know why Blood Pact Delay has a cap, or at least not that cap.
    It's effectively the 25% Haste cap for Summoner. Only mages can now nuke with 40% off their recast with max Fast Cast (before Haste etc), plus they're not affected by a universal timer, and hardly any spells have a base recast of one minute, let alone offensive spells. SE are really behind with the times when it comes to the job as a whole and seriously need to rethink it at this stage.
    (9)
    SMN99/SAM99/DNC99/PLD99/THF99
    Summoning magic skill: 545
    Hvergelmir 90

Character
    Areayea
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    /cry, nirvana vs skrimish weapon ; ; but they are messing SMN up agian, usually when it gets this bad they'll do something to buff us... so I hope they fix the emnity/give us cait sith X.X
    (0)

Character
    Bepe
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Lowering the enmity of the summoning of the avatar may alleviate some of the problem. That is to say if the static enmity you get from summoning was lowered a lot and the avatar could reach that value through melee attacks fast. The remaining part of the problem would be the static enmity from using bloodpacts themselves. I don't see why they just don't make this hateless.
    (0)

Character
    Herby
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebe View Post
    Lowering the enmity of the summoning of the avatar may alleviate some of the problem. That is to say if the static enmity you get from summoning was lowered a lot and the avatar could reach that value through melee attacks fast. The remaining part of the problem would be the static enmity from using bloodpacts themselves. I don't see why they just don't make this hateless.
    Sadly it won't. I already lose hate with my first Avatar. So while it may be an issue for ongoing fights, it's already too much Enmity gained on doing petabilities. And if SE didn't make a Typo, they won't adjust them atleast for SMN which is really sad if true.
    (0)
    Last edited by Herby; 04-17-2013 at 05:45 PM.

Character
    Starskyy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Hey still great at worms >.> yeah they broke the hell out of the enmity system. It's like they don't comprehend how the smn job worked for years and wasn't over powered at all in any way. Just keep buffing other jobs and leaving smn in the dust sad to say always one of my favorite jobs but now pretty much unused and in the corner since the update... Oh wait WOE still yeah that's the ticket auto-reraise ftw...
    (0)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    You can always stop paying monthly fee - until they rectify this hate issue and actually give Summoner something worth to come back and pay to play again. Otherwise, don't bother giving them your money.
    (0)

Character
    Herby
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Luvbunny View Post
    You can always stop paying monthly fee - until they rectify this hate issue and actually give Summoner something worth to come back and pay to play again. Otherwise, don't bother giving them your money.
    If Summoner was the only thing I play I certainly would, but I actually love what the enmity update did to PLD (to make it actually able to tank again). There certainly is much to be done about enmity BUT if SE doesn't forget SMN they're actually on the right way.

That being said SMN has WAY more issues than the enmity update. This recent update though just showed how they neglect this job when considering large scale system changes.
    (2)

Character
    Starskyy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Herby View Post
    If Summoner was the only thing I play I certainly would, but I actually love what the enmity update did to PLD (to make it actually able to tank again). There certainly is much to be done about enmity BUT if SE doesn't forget SMN they're actually on the right way.

That being said SMN has WAY more issues than the enmity update. This recent update though just showed how they neglect this job when considering large scale system changes.
    I pulled hate off a pally with refresh2 on myself refresh2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This update blows chunks.....
    (4)

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast