Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Player

Pld Emnity/hate distribution chages?

I am curious, Is there any plans for paladin's? With the release of Abyssea, Paladin has been shelved and it seems every job is getting a boost making there damage output stronger or jobs like monk and ninja more versatile in tanking situations thus making the role of paladins being able to keep steady hate or a useful job almost non-existent...

We have received job abilities like Divine emblem and some really cool spells like phalanx but still nothing major to keep up with the current change of the game.
    (1)
    Last edited by Snaplin; 03-08-2011 at 07:17 PM.

Character
    Orsondara
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Pld is one of the hardest jobs to fix at the moment. There's really no need for a tank. Even prior to Abyssea having a Pld was more or less a safety net against bad stuff from happening. I'm not hating on the job either. I love it have it leveled but tanks are just next to impossible to make useful unless you either nerf melee damage enmity and/or make melee take way more damage. That would make a lot of angry people I would think.

The other option is to buff Pld but how? Make it do more damage or heal more? Then it outclasses other jobs that sole function is to damage or heal. It's very hard to do with keeping balance.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Orson View Post
    Pld is one of the hardest jobs to fix at the moment. There's really no need for a tank. Even prior to Abyssea having a Pld was more or less a safety net against bad stuff from happening. I'm not hating on the job either. I love it have it leveled but tanks are just next to impossible to make useful unless you either nerf melee damage enmity and/or make melee take way more damage. That would make a lot of angry people I would think.

The other option is to buff Pld but how? Make it do more damage or heal more? Then it outclasses other jobs that sole function is to damage or heal. It's very hard to do with keeping balance.
    Very true, I mean there are some way's to work around that, maybe raising the emn. cap, Making cover more usefull and letting you cover anyone in ally, adding spells like "Flash 2" lower recast then flash and generates more hate... There are a few "tweaks" they could implement to work well but I think at this point its more of a "Wait and see". I have to say though I don't have any complaint's when I get to tank NM's on warrior because of constant 5-6k ukko's furry
    (0)

Character
    Darkshade
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    It would be nice of the enmity ceiling could be raised for PLD along with damage dealing capability.
    (0)
    XI - Darkshade - Shiva
    XIV - Shade Highwind - Figaro

Character
    Dragonwarrior
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 90
    I believe having an ability that is similar to Accomplice would be amazing. Even if cover was augmented into taking a party members hate. Another awesome ability would be something similar to Migawari, but would allow paladins to absorb the next attack. Maybe even increase the absorb rate and allow absorbed dmg to count as cured hate.

At the moment, nothing is worse than seeing PLD being made fun of.
    (0)

Character
    Cloudxz
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    All of these suggestions sound great. Especially a cover tweak. I hate the fact that I can only cover my party members and no one else in my alliance. Not only that but it doesn't last long enough even with merits.
    (0)

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    enmity isnt the real issue, using pld being able to outenmity other DD will just end up slowing kill speed.
    DD survivability IS the issue: you dont need tank if DD can survive as well without one
    (2)

Character
    Mustakrakish
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 91
    To a somewhat related point, I believe PLD should have its own NATIVE Provoke. All other jobs are getting traits and such (dual wield anyone) that normally required a subclass just for that. A paladin is a tank, meant to be a tank, and should be a tank, so why not give it the ability it needs to do its job and open up other subjob opportunities.
    (0)

Character
    Yukichibi
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    It's hard to make it like: if you have a pld it's easier, but you can do it without it if you want.
    Because if you need a PLD for everything, the game will become somewhat static.
    The other side is, why taking a pld, even if he holds hate, when you can have a mnk or a war, which can keep hate, deals tons of damage, and you can bomb cure it.
    I like PLD, it's my first job i leveled 75, but inside abyssea PLD is dead, let's see if there is something outside abyssea coming.
    (0)

Character
    Elonial
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 90
    Paladin being my only job at 90, it's somewhat depressing /shouting for a THF or NIN tank for Abyssea.
    (0)

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast