Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Brillen View Post
    From what I've gathered, it seems the easiest fix would be to increase damage output from enemies. That way pseudo tank jobs would be difficult to keep alive, while a PLD would be able to easily live through it.
    The problem is that if a good Paladin can live through it, a good Monk, Dark Knight, Samurai, or Red mage (at the least) could live through it too. Considering the "Tank to beat" right now is Monk, that's not really doing much for Paladin. Unless, of course, we're talking Ochain Paladins being required to tank anything. In that case, they'd definitely be necessary, but I don't really see many Ochian Paladins complaining right now anyways.
    (0)

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursed View Post
    There's one NM in Abyssea that hits hard enough to warrant melee being carefull, and that's Valdean the ladybug.
    Oh boy! I messed up bad going into that fight as MNK/WAR zerked/Counterstanced/hasted and opening with a victory smite. lol that mob is lethal!
    Doesn't that NM have crazy evasion? Which would lessen the effectiveness of counter tanking if you aren't capped on ACC. I haven't actually fought it just heard nightmares about it's evasion.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zagen View Post
    Doesn't that NM have crazy evasion? Which would lessen the effectiveness of counter tanking if you aren't capped on ACC. I haven't actually fought it just heard nightmares about it's evasion.
    I'd never fought it before, so had no idea what its evasion was like. Since Abyssea, I've kinda just stopped actually planning things. Pop it, proc it, kill it. Grinding empyreans weapons/shields will do that to you after 3-4 months.
    When the game, if the game, goes outside again I'm going to be noobing it up for a good week or so getting used to old-end game's attention requirements. But, at least i have almost a decade's worth of experience outside Abyssea. Some of the people that play today, have only ever known nation missions and abyssea.
    (0)

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17