Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Mystaria
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

MAB vs DD Gear, Thoughts?

So far been trying to decide what kinda gear works for RUN. Seems we get a collection of DD gear and even mage gear. Was surprised for example to see we would wear pink armor and teal.

So atm I have been using DA, TA and Haste gear, which helps alot. Got a couple MAB items on. Which I have noticed that when I stack 3 runes, do a lunge etc followed by a WS. It deals some nice dmg. Granted takes longer to keep building runes up, so I use that only as a side item while focusing on WS more from the da, ta, and haste.

But yea, what is everyone else focusing on for stat mods on their RUN? I know its still new and still being "defined" as a job but helps to get a basic idea started.
    (0)
    ~Battlez-avec la Mystique?~

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I use multiple sets depending on the situation, full DD set when I have a healer, Hybrid PDT/haste set for when I'm soloing or doing reives, MAB for Lunge, STR/Attack for Resolution. Sets I'm still looking into is Sword and Axe sets for dual wielding but so far have been unimpressed by the damage output compared to Great Sword, Ruinator comes close when under buffed but that's about it. I can see room for Sword with Requiescat for flan/slime type monster tanking but I haven't t tried any of that yet.
    (0)

Character
    Mystaria
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Great sword using DA, TA, and Haste for me has been great. DD output been pretty decent so far. Tho not capped in GS skill yet to really judge. But Lunge + GS WS has been a nice combo for some quick DD out.
    (0)

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Without heavy attack buffs even with capped and merited skill you'll be unimpressed with Resolution if you've seen what a WAR or DRK can do with the WS. I definitely recommend /WAR (if the -DEF won't hurt your survival), also /RDM or /WHM (personal favorite so far for Reives "solo") work for soloing, the -15% DEF from Dia 2 definitely helps bring up the damage.
    (0)

Character
    Xiozan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zagen View Post
    Without heavy attack buffs even with capped and merited skill you'll be unimpressed with Resolution if you've seen what a WAR or DRK can do with the WS. I definitely recommend /WAR (if the -DEF won't hurt your survival), also /RDM or /WHM (personal favorite so far for Reives "solo") work for soloing, the -15% DEF from Dia 2 definitely helps bring up the damage.
    Ok this is a completely different job, it's not warrior and it's not dark knight... I would say go for Resolution but as mentioned by Zagen don't expect similar numbers to jobs that are obviously designed to put out big numbers for the Great Sword. My point is find the strengths inherent in the job without trying to "become" another job by doing similar weapon skill damage output.

It appears to defeat the purpose of levelin' different jobs if folks only end up, in the end, trying to be another job... >.>''

Like a Puppetmaster ignoring it's automaton and acting like a Monk... or a Dragoon ignoring it's wyvern and acting like a Samurai... etc.
    (0)

{DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations.

Character
    Mystaria
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Yea I do agree with that RUN is a different type of job. /war for DD sure.. but I agree /rdm could be more ideal for utility spells, cures and raise. For some tanking, I have been thinking /nin too. Get the magic shields up, then shadows. Youd have dual wield if you want too. Now /sam could be something too with GS. Stack WS together with a lunge.

What Id love to see is a Cover like FF6 Celes ability but for magic spells.. Imagine a RUN in front of a PLD using that ability. Youd have an awesome tank duo system.
    (0)

Character
    Darthmaull
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    No /nin for tanking IMO. Against any mobs that have good acc it'll be too hard to survive. Your shadows will disappear too quickly and you won't have any other form of curing yourself other then your native Regens. From my experience, right now /nin does not work well for tanking.
    (1)
    Last edited by Darthmaull; 04-18-2013 at 02:56 AM.

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I havent' seen MAB add enough to lunge to justify the ammount of space it would take to gear toward it.

Quote Originally Posted by xiozen View Post
    ... or a Dragoon ignoring it's wyvern and acting like a Samurai... etc.
    Your dragon has nothing to do with DRG, when SE makes it capable of doing something other then mild support, then it would be worth mentioning. And subbing SAM doesn't make you act like one, it litteraly turns you into one. At which point it's more a measure of flavor then jobs.
    (0)

Character
    Hekuteku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    I havent' seen MAB add enough to lunge to justify the ammount of space it would take to gear toward it.

Your dragon has nothing to do with DRG, when SE makes it capable of doing something other then mild support, then it would be worth mentioning. And subbing SAM doesn't make you act like one, it litteraly turns you into one. At which point it's more a measure of flavor then jobs.
    I have a large quantity of MAB gear and have seen a rather noticable increase in lunge damage (though finding MAB gear that does not include enmity down was annoying), it really appears to be one of those things you either go all in with or not at all (I bought/farmed a lot of MAB gear just for my RUN to get somewhere around +50~55 MAB with 0 enmity down)
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Mittenz View Post
    I have a large quantity of MAB gear and have seen a rather noticable increase in lunge damage (though finding MAB gear that does not include enmity down was annoying), it really appears to be one of those things you either go all in with or not at all (I bought/farmed a lot of MAB gear just for my RUN to get somewhere around +50~55 MAB with 0 enmity down)
    Right now, I just macro in Hecate's and moldavite, because I already owned them for BLM. I don't have the inv space for a full set, though with 50 MAB you will see around 800 damage boost with capped GS skill.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast