Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayward View Post
    Back on topic, I'd say go for a MND+/MDB+ Tenebreuse (Leviatites & Aqua Geodes are dirt cheap, unless some schmo is jacking up the prices) or the STR+/Attack version (if you have gil to burn).
    PDT would be a better choice than MDB. RUN can tank Magic just fine already, but taking a hit to the face... that is not so good, PDT is your best way to work around that especially since the job probably has bleh PDT gear outside of that anyways.
    (0)

Character
    Obysuca
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tickmeoff View Post
    fixed that for you
    Gram works too >.> Same damage and delay as Hoarfrost, plus it gives refresh. And it's only 1.2 mil so it's buyable also. He can also get a Kriegsmesser. Plenty of doable GS until the new ones either drop in price or SE gives us something that drops frequently.

If he wants something thats pretty much free, he might as well get Coalition sword >.> Will match his full pink lol
    (0)

there is NOTHING unbalanced about any job getting access to a Empy, mythic or relic weapon-that is job appropriate at least. I'm going with laziness as the justification. I mean really, how many years has dancer been out that it can't use a Mandau? They just had to go without a relic at all. Sure they had a mythic to work on-that's only like twice as difficult to earn as a relic. Now, an empy weapon IS the "poor man's relic" that mythic was advertised to be, and we still can't get that. Other jobs were equally as screwed.

The ONLY justification would be to promote play in the new system they are implementing (note that they aren't implementing one), and out of a system they aren't supporting anymore. 1 problem, they revampped dynamis, WoE, salvage, ein, etc. so clearly they ARE supporting these. Makes the "justification" completely bogus to anyone not sitting in the dev's office, at least based on the opinion sampling apparent in the forum. Now, I only play on the real servers, and I know alot of players can't be botherred to post on here. BUT I've been playing this game for 10+ years now and have a wide acquaintanceship, if the devs were right in their assessment that this is ok it is even stranger that in that entire time I have never encounterred even ONE player that agreed with this policy. You would have thaought I would at least have stumbled accross an SE employee on their toon that did, but nope, not a 1.

Think about it...
    (4)

Character
    Aerianas
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by nyheen View Post
    well maybe not broken but unfair with the empyrean weapon. new jobs just came out and anyone that already got a Caladbolg can use it. reason why dnc sch didn get into the relic or so. rune just came out!. give it little time and it will have some epic adoulin weapon that comes out + AF etc
    You're likely right, but there's no good reason for it. "Oh, you already put the time and effort into unlocking a weapon of the type a new class uses? Sorry, were not gonna let them use that for 6 weeks." is not a good reason.
    (0)
    Last edited by Aeri-cat; 04-26-2013 at 10:20 PM. Reason: sp.

Character
    Aerianas
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by nyheen View Post
    ya but pup came out before abyssea so when the new weapons came out everyone had a fair chance to get it. reason why pup was not on the relic list. would be unfair if all my friends that already lvl drk, war, pld & it got a Caladbolg & Ragnarok that can use it on rune right off the back. once the weapons come out for rune everyone gets a fair shot. so no free pass for you!
    So, because you haven't leveled a job that uses GS before RUN came out, it's fair to lock people who have put the time and effort into upgrading a GS out of using that GS on a job that is the only job with A+ in that weapon type? I humbly disagree sir, and would like to point out that no one stopped you from leveling PLD DRK or WAR.
    (0)

Character
    Aerianas
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Umichi View Post
    see the prerequisite here is you have to have dnc subed in order to pull it off. i don't plan on leveling dnc or using it as a sub so *shrug* your move now. and sure everyone and their mom can level bst.. but do i have to force myself to do something i don't like just so i can accomplish things... it's like people forcing me to go whm to events even though we have 4-5 and i want to be drg.

TDLR not everyone should be forced to level bst just to meet your demands or a reasonable time frame for currency. even if someone averages 2-3 hours a day on this game that's still 1 hour out of your 3 that your stuck doing tedious work and as an average player im not gonna be farming every day. not everyone is super rich, elite, badass.., or conforms.
    so because you're too lazy to level a sub or main that works for what you want to farm, you want stuff handed to you? sounds legit.... if thats the kind of experience you want, maybe you' be better off playing WoW?
    (1)

Character
    Horadrim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeri-cat View Post
    so because you're too lazy to level a sub or main that works for what you want to farm, you want stuff handed to you? sounds legit.... if thats the kind of experience you want, maybe you' be better off playing WoW?
    Pretty much this...

EDIT:

Meanwhile... the whole thing doesn't really need an explanation -- they just decided they didn't want the jobs on that tree of upgrades for one reason or another. Whether they gave you the real reason or they made up a fake one, the end result is the same.

And I doubt it is something they'll allow themselves to be debated on.
    (0)
    Last edited by Horadrim; 04-27-2013 at 04:20 AM.
    Somewhere in space... this could be happening right now.

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    For all we know, the RUN path of E/M/R may lies in the SoA endgame contents. If you think Relic is a grind, just be grateful that you can do it solo, on your own, 2 hours a day, everyday, with some jobs options. SoA may be off limits for solo-er and the pre-requisites may make 3 person requirements of Salvage a walk in the park. All the fat cats who thinks that gils and a bunch of LS members can be conned to get them their new shiny weapons, may be in for a real surprise once the new team reveal their grand plans for your new shiny. And the forum once again will be alive, with contempt on how obvious SE is trying to stall any progress - once people realize they can't just steam roll and buy everything lol.
    (0)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4