The good:

When I first heard of the concept of Geomancer i was really excited that their main weapon was club. I am a mage job player, and the majority of the jobs i play are staff users. I was excited about the idea of being able to melee on Geomancer while keeping buffs and debuffs up. Kind of like melee bard. So when Geomancer came out, I immediately began lvling it, and currently it is lvl 99 with almost capped club, geomancy, and handbell skill. After lvling Geomancer I began trying out the new SoA content with it. And even though geomancer is a piece of paper, melee Geomancer was actually interesting and challenging to get to work.

The bad:
For a job whose main skill is club, the selection of end game clubs for geomancer is very limited. My main complaint is that Geomancer is not on the new Skirmish club. Which in my opinion makes little sense considering this club originated in the expansion which Geomancer comes from. Instead Geomancer is on the staff. I understand that Geomancer has a nuking component as well, but I believe it is unfair to exclude those who wish to melee Geomancer.

That is all, thanks for reading.