Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The only situation in which ifrit's enfire isn't useful is when you have no melee or your melee consists of an army of rune fencers and/or dancers. The damage added is significant, especially on dual wielding onehanders. Of particular note it makes the lv95->99 LB quest laughably easy.
    (0)

Character
    Materdark
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Yes you are right theirs a war going on this thread
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...ominion-Retake

GM tanked down like button and edit button also few sec ago.

STOP AVOIDING IT GM LOL
    (0)

Character
    Unaisis
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    RDM beats your pet jobs for most neglected job on 11!!!!!

/wrists x_x
    (1)

http://www.youtube.com/user/koga41

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokeil View Post
    Hastega is actually the one Ward that I can flat out say no one can touch us on - and that's mostly because it doesn't stack with Accession.
    Hastega is a spell that White Mages and Red Mages should have been given years ago as well though.

That said, I could support the ward version having a skill based scaling or a better skill based scaling over the spell version that allows high skill to boost it past the current value - this would also make SMN better then /SMN for casting the spell in a major way.

Summoner's best bloodpacts shouldn't merely be spells that other jobs should have gotten years ago but never did.
    (4)

Character
    Komby
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    should be cool if they fix smn buffsm stronger stoneskin, blink shadows based on smn magic skill similar to occulation blue mage spells, stronger phalanx effect or let it stack with phalanx rdm spells, enspells are shitty and really weak, just enfire is decent tho, increase potency on enspells for ramuh based on smn magic skill.
    (0)

Character
    Hideka
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Unaisis View Post
    RDM beats your pet jobs for most neglected job on 11!!!!!

/wrists x_x
    good god man dont get me started on RDM. they need to include RDM into high level leather type DPS gears. its high time they had access. if they did that, a rdm would be a little better for endgame melee.
    (0)

Character
    Mokeil
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    Hastega is a spell that White Mages and Red Mages should have been given years ago as well though.
    Speaking as a fellow who will always consider Summoner my main job, and having said that Hastega is our one good Ward no one else can match... I honestly have no clue why no one else has a Hastega option, yet, either. At the very least it should stack with Accession like every other buff. Having to keep up a Haste rotation on (more or less) everyone is a nuisance that just shouldn't be.

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    tidal roar is acutally pretty handy given the new defense formula. 25% attack down under the new att/def ratio is/should be a measurable reduction in melee damage.
    I was excited when I first used the move... Then I realized that with the then-current state of Defense vs Attack, it did pretty much bupkis and never used it again on anything serious. I'm definitely interested in what Tidal Roar can do with the recent change. The fact that its a percentage based effect gives me some hope it will start to find a place in endgame usage. Time will tell.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Keyln View Post
    Hastega.

/char
    hey. fk you buddy. <3

I did however mention that in my thread that Hastega was our last remaining refuge as far as BP:wards go. I will say this, SMN is useful for things like Reives because their buffs are AoE... to everyone. Which is nice when you're not all in a party. So its cool for Reives/Campaign, But outside of those unique situations, our AoEs (sans hastega) are just gimp versions of otherwise good spells. Oh, and as i mentioned, Ifrit's Enfire is pretty balling when there's no DNC for miles.
    (0)

Character
    Tanzaw
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    I swear I went over this with you before, or someone recently lol, its a joke on someone who made a sig before me with "Real Summoner" as their comment, I had Ol'Galka make me a Sig with "Realer Summoner" as a joke, because I Melee on SMN (sometimes) and as a joke, I was saying Meleeing is more Real than BP > Thumb up your a** for 45 seconds.
    This guy is always butt hurt over every thing and will pull out whatever he can to try to get an edge on someone. Just ignore him Karbuncle.
    (2)

Character
    Eerica
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I could count on one finger the times I heard "Hey, let's invite that SMN so he/she can Hastega us!" and I would be left with a finger unused.
    Hastega as a spell is long overdue for AT LEAST White Mage and Scholar (via Accession). I understand Haste is freakishly powerful in XI, but I couldn't care less if they gave the AoE version to WHM or whatever. It wouldn't change anything for SMN. Anything.

I find myself using SMN less and less often, especially since the enmity update. It was my solo job, my "safety" job to try out new things and the likes. Now I can't even do that because our Avatars suck.
    They are terrible damage dealers and can't hold hate to save my life. Literally. They lose enmity faster than they can get it via BPs or melee swings (which are pathetic). I can't heal them like a BST/PUP can heal their pets. I can't switch enmity with them like a BST/PUP can. I can't safely resummon because I die faster than ever thanks to my awesome wet paper defense.

Summoner is a pet MAGE. It needs to be treated like one. Give us tools to interact with our Avatars more and make them scale better with level. Give them another job instead of BLM for God's sake. We are still using lv70 BPs for physical damage, we can't heal them, we can't protect them, we can't tinker with their enmity, defense, attack or other stats beside the use of Blood Pacts or pet-specific equipment.
    I'd rather have one pet that costs 500MP to summon but it's durable and interactive than potentially infinite weaker pets I can throw to a monster's face until it dies.
    Most of the times it feels like I'm zombie'ing a mob to death.
    (5)

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast