Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Character
    Rezeak
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Honestly, SMN has a lot of love on everything but it's damage output.

Good stuff 75 --> 99
    Loads more perp gear
    Loads more Pet specific gear
    Earthern armor (an incredibly useful abilty in some fights)
    Fleet wind <3 (may not have effet on fight but running faster is always awsome ^^)
    Shock squall (this alone is a huge buff to smn)
    Diamond storm/Tidal roar ( could be useful in the future in debuffing strong mobs easpically the -25% attack down w/ the new atk/def update)

So yea saying stuff like "has not had a legitimate update" ... your kinda wrong.

Last good update was limbus update the new shoes are insane for BP DMG.

With all that said in my opinion they're are 2 clear issues with SMN.

Blood pact time cap is -15 still >< other jobs can get 80% haste or 50% recast yet blood pacts are stuck at 25%.

While DMG has gone up from gear and avatars gaining MAB the, % increase is much much lower than other jobs % increase in DMG. I'd even say a DD WHM got a bigger DMG buffs than SMN over the updates.
    (2)
    Last edited by Rezeak; 04-29-2013 at 06:31 AM.
    Main : 99 DRK
    Subs : 99 SMN COR SCH MELEEWHM
    Server : Ragnarök
    Relics : 95 Ragnarok and 95 Apoc
    Ironic that when i was young i never had enough video games but now i have too many and not enough time to play them .

what, they updated spirits, I was reading the threads back then, apparently that was the most important thing in the game.
    (0)

Character
    Mokeil
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rezeak View Post
    Honestly, SMN has a lot of love on everything but it's damage output.

Good stuff 75 --> 99
    Loads more perp gear
    Loads more Pet specific gear
    Earthern armor (an incredibly useful abilty in some fights)
    Fleet wind <3 (may not have effet on fight but running faster is always awsome ^^)
    Shock squall (this alone is a huge buff to smn)
    Diamond storm/Tidal roar ( could be useful in the future in debuffing strong mobs easpically the -25% attack down w/ the new atk/def update)

So yea saying stuff like "has not had a legitimate update" ... your kinda wrong.

Last good update was limbus update the new shoes are insane for BP DMG.
    The phrase "job update" has a particular, accepted, idiomatic meaning specifying changes to existing job abilities/traits/spells, or adding new ones to help the job fulfill its role in a more beneficent manner. New toys gained during the level cap upgrades are more a natural consequence of leveling than a "job update".

Additionally, the phrase is often taken to mean tweaks that are specific to the job, as opposed to general changes. For that reason, new gear is rarely counted, unless it offers spectacularly sweeping changes particular to the way the job is played. New boots that allow us to deal a little more damage do not count. I am willing to admit that all the recent -perp gear that allows us to have free avatars does, though.

I'm certainly not saying we haven't benefited from the new BPs or new gear, or that they aren't nice! The thing is that they do little to alleviate our core problems - things like the enforced 45 second BP timer... or the horrendous potency of 90% of our Wards... or the near unusably of Avatar's Favor... We're still in need of a lot of fixes to get us up to par.

Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    what, they updated spirits, I was reading the threads back then, apparently that was the most important thing in the game.
    They also reduced the recast of all our avatars down to 5 seconds!
    (1)

Character
    Grievor
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    As a summoner too i notice the lacking auto-attack damage and rate. Either better traits and stats, or being treated at hand-to-hand mechanics for their attacks (always attacking twice+) and a buff to their hp could help. Another 2 personal issues though.

-First being the fact that summoner can not heal with a pet out, when they may or may not be the most in need of healing while their pet tends to things.

-Second, the fact that summoners as pet jobs (as well as select frames for pup.) are affected more adversely by both amnesia -and- silence. Perhaps pet commands need to be branched to avoid amnesia for jobs (or atleast summoner?). That was always one of the things that bugged me was sitting there, staring at an avatar, amnesiaed, unable to tell them to attack, or leave, or anything. Just the assault/deploy/fight commands and their pet release commands would be nice to be separated from this.
    (0)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Well, dancer just got our AOE movement speed aka Fleet Wind, at 120 seconds flat, without even have to skill up dancer magic lol. Ours however is severely tied to summon magic which does not exactly skilling up as fast as it should be.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Luvbunny View Post
    Well, dancer just got our AOE movement speed aka Fleet Wind, at 120 seconds flat, without even have to skill up dancer magic lol. Ours however is severely tied to summon magic which does not exactly skilling up as fast as it should be.
    I think that you'll find that SMN, COR and now DNC have got BRD's AOE movement speed, AKA Mazurka.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizuharu View Post
    This guy is always butt hurt over every thing and will pull out whatever he can to try to get an edge on someone. Just ignore him Karbuncle.
    It sounds to me like you're the one who's butthurt.

It was a friendly josh. You might not realize this, but Karbuncle and I actually get along rather well. There's really no good reason to be so rude, especially when you weren't involved in the conversation.

I already knew full well the origins of his sig and the "realer summoner" phrase.
    (3)

Character
    Malphius
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Summoner is not a neglected job. The job has seen tons of changes and updates over the years- probably more than most jobs. It's getting its fair share of attention. Whether that attention is producing the desired results is a matter of opinion, but it's laughable at best to argue that it's "neglected."

the word "neglected" implies that they have been completely ignoring it and making no changes, which really isn't true at all.

If it was so awful it wouldn't be so instrumental in certain events e.g. walk of echoes where PD isn't even why it's there. Exaggerating will not get the job improvements. Also, if it was really so "awful", you wouldn't be playing it (and calling yourself the "realer summoner").

The only problem that SMN truly has that is directly about SMN is the BP timer. it is capped at such a ridiculously high level at a time when the game is at its spammiest. There are plenty of useful ward effects available.

SMN has its issues, but it's not "awful."
    Al, you can't reason with these people. Just try to make your points through the eyes of an angry and emotional summoner. You'll probably get further.
    (0)
    "You can't fool all of the people all the time, but if you fool the right ones then the rest will fall in line".

-Dead Prez

Character
    Materdark
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    we want the same avatars as in final fantasy 10 :~ and I don't like Alhanelem because he has been pissing in the thread I made also
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...ith-the-idea-A

By looking at this anyone can see that theirs something wrong. Please explain to us why SE has not yet added any job abilities when comparing them to the rest of the jobs.

Nice we got Mana Cede at 87 lol some time i feel like saying something :~ (guess there no freedom of speech here lol)

White Mage: Healing at lvl 99 >> 424
    Black Mage: Elemental Magic at lvl 99 >> 424
    Red Mage: Enfeebling Magic at lvl 99 >> 424
    Blue mage: Blue Magic at lvl >> 424
    Dark Knight: Dark Magic at lvl 99 >> 417
    Ninja: Ninjutsu at lvl 99 >> 417
    (1)
    Last edited by Manux; 05-12-2013 at 03:43 AM.

Is S good or is S bad? (I know S usually means good but bst's rating throws me off, if you're talking about mobs above 100)

Why would you say smn's pet disposability is B? In fact, it's A.

In the case of endurance, it's only fair to factor a cost that's usually not negligible (for many players) to keep that pet up, and it still is likely to die.

In Dynamis, for instance, Faithful Falcorr takes magic better than an Aegis PLD (seen it, lol) but only when he noticeably outlevels the target. Put him against even decent challenge and his magic resists floor. The reason for this isn't really intentional, just that pets are treated as NPCs and NPC's damage taken and damage calculations have a lot more to do with levels than a player's. For instance, A great bst would probably still lose his falcorr, or gooey to Pil, especially if he's targeting the pet.

But yeah, hastega is the only buff I think that summons can do that rdm/sch, or sch/rdm (whm/sch of course can't do phalanx), can't. Some love for the job would be nice.
    (0)
    Last edited by OmnysValefor; 05-12-2013 at 05:34 AM.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast