Character
    Nephilipitou
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 90

SE what'st he point of Orvail gear?

I know SE wants Bards to be somewhat DD based since they gave us Exenterator, and Wrathwing Nails, Bard AF1 and AF2 have some melee options despite AF3 not having it, but we have less than no use for this Orvail stuff.

Isn't the dagger of choice for non Mythic using Mage sub a Dark Trial Thokcha? They have +16 Mag. Acc and they have 100 MP. Throw on those MP merits we use in DD mode our Oneiros Ring and for support with /mage as well as Mag Acc. for when we /DNC and need to hit a stun, and I think we're good to go as far as mage options are concerned once you have your AF3+2.

So what exactly is this Magey Orvail stuff good for? Bard that are too lazy to get seals? Are they going to not be lazy enough to cap their songs and be useful? Are they going to have 20 mil for Wrathwing Nails? Are they going to bother making their Empyrean or Relic Instruments? They're certainly not going to be making a mythic. So what exactly is the point of Orvail gear on Bard cause we would really love the Medium armor with all that STR and Agil stacked for the people who do have 6-9 minute songs with Troubadour etc.

I'd love a response as to why Mage gear is relevant to Bard that you seem to be making more DD friendly. 2 steps forward 1 step back so they say.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephilipitou View Post
    I'd love a response as to why Mage gear is relevant to Bard that you seem to be making more DD friendly. 2 steps forward 1 step back so they say.
    Not in any way trying to hijack your thread, but the same exact thing can be said about RDM, and yet, we get the same treatment, both of the two jobs should be put on the light sets in all honesty, but, we are screwed.
    (1)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Most of the Orvail stuff isnt even good for mages. Don't feel too bad about it.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

RUN gets both. No reason RDM and BRD can't too.
    (3)

Character
    Creelo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Blu can also use both Orvail/Thurandaut sets. It is frustrating, since there is so much potential for melee Brd and Rdm, yet they just don't include those jobs on basic sets of armor like Thurandaut. I personally can't really see Brd/Rdm on sets like Thaumas/Skadi so much (even though I wouldn't mind if they were!), but I was definitely hoping they'd at least be on the general SoA light-DD sets. I don't really see why it's such an issue for Brd/Rdm to be on more light-DD gear sets anyways... It would just help open up their options and provide some solid upgrades.

As for the Orvail set for Brd, it's not all that terrible.

-The head is a great debuff piece if you don't have Hyaline/Marduk's Tiara +1.
    -The body is an easily obtainable 2mp/tick body, great for Stoneskin, and can be a very nice Shattersoul piece (if not the best).
    -The hands are the best for Shattersoul, and they're nice for debuffs if you don't have AF3+2/Marduk's Dastanas +1.
    -The legs are best for precast sets on Songs and Fast Cast, definitely worth the points!! And the legs can double nicely for Shattersoul if you don't have Rubeus.
    -Finally, the feet are not too great for Brd. :/ They're not bad for song debuffs, and are really nice if you want to play with /whm or /rdm enfeebling sets (which are only useful when fighting 75 content, and even then are largely unnecessary). They're ok for Cures/SS as well if you don't have the better options.

So yeah, the Orvail set really isn't that horrible for Brd. The set definitely doesn't support DD Brd very much though (with the exception of some Shattersoul pieces), which makes me sad.
    (0)
    Last edited by Creelo; 04-20-2013 at 10:24 AM.

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    No best in slot pieces except legs for precast sadly. If you do Salvage like Matsui wants you to then you are already set.

Most of it is usable stuff if you are more casual though, and there's a place for that in this game. I don't get why anybody would expect melee stats on the mage set in the heavy/light/mage armor series though.
    (0)

Character
    Creelo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I think the OP more so just wants Brd to be on Thurandaut as well, which I understand and would personally like as well.

Forgot to say this earlier but would just like to point out that M.Acc Magian dagger is a horrid dagger to use if you are trying to melee/DD on Brd. Flame Magian/Tzustes Knife/+1 would be much better options, as well as R/E weapons of course. If you do need MAcc for Violent Flourish stun accuracy, Brd already does have a great deal of M.Acc equip it can use so that the weapon slot doesn't need to be devoted to it. There's also a decent chance you probably shouldn't be meleeing if having a hard time landing VF anyways.
    (0)