Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Umichi View Post
    We'll see how well they perform in the hands of people who are skillful with lances vs min/maxers....
    What does that even mean? Yet another one of your cryptic posts with no substance.
    (2)

Character
    Horadrim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    What does that even mean? Yet another one of your cryptic posts with no substance.
    ...?

"We'll see how their [potential new weapons] numbers fair when you compare them [to RME] in the hands of skillful players who number crunch."

I guess...? My only clue was that he added "in this expansion" suggesting the intended "they" was forecoming weapons like the skirmish lance, which actually falls along side the OAT by my estimation. Maybe closer to RE
    (0)
    Somewhere in space... this could be happening right now.

Character
    Loftythoughts
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Horadrim View Post
    ...?

"We'll see how their [potential new weapons] numbers fair when you compare them [to RME] in the hands of skillful players who number crunch."

I guess...? My only clue was that he added "in this expansion" suggesting the intended "they" was forecoming weapons like the skirmish lance, which actually falls along side the OAT by my estimation. Maybe closer to RE
    Which is part of why I am curious as to how the new ones hold up, as going to want one to work towards after OAT while waiting on Mythic pre-reqs to get done. Same reason curious about the comparison between Relic and Emp.
    (0)

Character
    Horadrim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawklaser View Post
    Which is part of why I am curious as to how the new ones hold up, as going to want one to work towards after OAT while waiting on Mythic pre-reqs to get done. Same reason curious about the comparison between Relic and Emp.
    I can't help you there, I'm completely new to DRG. I just know that, purportedly, Mythic (Relic/Empy) > OAT > Other is the current standard. Though personally, I think it is a bit arbitrary.

I'm sort of annoyed with the fact the game has been diluted into Magian trials or bust, and I frankly prefer people having different options for weapons. Seeing everyone running around with the same 3 weapons gets kind of old. I want more side grades, but apparently that's an unpopular opinion.

For the most part, I'm likely to stick to stuff that drops -- like Skirmish.
    (0)
    Somewhere in space... this could be happening right now.

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I can't speak for how good Gungnir and Rhongo are, but Ryuno is pretty amazing. AM3 is wonderful, and DRG is one of the few jobs that is able to build the necessary TP almost instantly.

For most players, I think skirmish and naakual weapons are very reasonable goals if you are serious about the job but not serious enough to make a mythic. I wouldn't say that these events are accessible to everybody right now, but when skirmish items become more common and Naakual bayld cost comes down, it should be reasonable for just about anybody to participate.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    it means exactly what it meant. it says there are people who dedicate all their research into min/maxing for a job AKA can't get past the numbers this usualy means that there is only one best way to do things..... I myself do not min/max i have a fair knowledge about the inner workings of the games but i don't go into all the theoretical math people like to go into.. (eg. I know that 2str ~ 1 attack etc etc)

I also mainly sub /whm on my drg. now does the way i play mean that your guy's min/maxing numbers for one job and one sub or a few subs tells me i need to equip a ryunohige to be a good healer? I've heard of gugnir drgs parsing better in legion where fights take time vs zerg fights where jobs like war sam and drk reign king (by zerg i'm refering to really short fights usualy entailing massive amounts of damage being administered rapidly)

Now how will past stragetigies over the past year work out as SE unviels more of audolin, which they stated will be catered specifically to level 99's, alot of people complained alot about how tough the monsters were but they forgotten that they've had their arses augmented over the past 2 years and most of the content (outside of WotG and even then it was crafted for 75ish kinda...) is outdated...

so yeah will skill where a player needs to know what they are doing win over min/max statistics? I myself am already feeling like I'm a completely different player than most people when it comes to playing drg. and i read up on strategies used by other drgs who use the same subs as me... and i read up on all the discussions about how much haste maybe this type of drg should have, or the benifits from using a longer delay over a shorter delay... all im saying is there are two types of players who use the data given to them in the game to make completely different and equally powerful decisions.

which one will play out in the end. skill or numbers. and last i checked SE has sided with skill.
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I also mainly sub /whm on my drg. now does the way i play mean that your guy's min/maxing numbers for one job and one sub or a few subs tells me i need to equip a ryunohige to be a good healer? I've heard of gugnir drgs parsing better in legion where fights take time vs zerg fights where jobs like war sam and drk reign king (by zerg i'm refering to really short fights usualy entailing massive amounts of damage being administered rapidly)
    In Legion you have to kill as many mobs as you can in 30 minutes, which makes kill speed even more important than in Voidwatch. Each fight goes by pretty quickly, and it's actually more of a zerg than Voidwatch is.

so yeah will skill where a player needs to know what they are doing win over min/max statistics? I myself am already feeling like I'm a completely different player than most people when it comes to playing drg. and i read up on strategies used by other drgs who use the same subs as me... and i read up on all the discussions about how much haste maybe this type of drg should have, or the benifits from using a longer delay over a shorter delay... all im saying is there are two types of players who use the data given to them in the game to make completely different and equally powerful decisions.
    It's good that you have an understanding of haste and delay. Honest question: As someone who does not not a min/max, how does this knowledge affect your play style?

which one will play out in the end. skill or numbers. and last i checked SE has sided with skill.
    Skill and good gear are not mutually exclusive. This whole discussion came from your claim that RME were all "in the same boat." I simply think that if you give someone a 99 version of all 3 weapons, Ryunohige will be universally better. Unless you are fighting an incredibly evasive monster that spams encumbrance every 5 seconds and is weak to shock spikes and tridents.
    (2)

Player
    i find alot of people are surprised when it comes to 6 man ptys that i can play very well because i know when to back off etc etc. on gear wise i find that when i make subtle changes to my gear i can spot if the move benifited me or not, when im choosing gear i choose whats going to keep the whole bubble of gear equivalent to what type of drg i wanna be. do i wanna be fast with high tp gain? well i could use gugnir cap out haste on gear and stack tp with str. just put it this way i treat it like any other ff game im presented with a choice and i gotta chose which one will help me or what am i giving up in order to gain this.

Forgive me i might be confusiong legion with bastion. which ever one does not involve abyssea.
    (0)

So you gear your DRG to do slightly less damage than the tank, so you don't pull hate? An interesting choice. Might as well just take a party of PLDs or NINs. But hey, a choice is a choice.
    (2)

Player
    That's the whole point.... If you're playing high end content that's difficult you never want to pull more hate than the tank... In an even extreme example it helps against getting your ass handed to you when your paired up with an inexperienced tank... or perhaps someone not meant to tank but has better capabilities than you.
    (1)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast