Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Character
    Horadrim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Asymptotic View Post
    We've essenially known that for a while, but they confirmed it in a JP dev post yesterday. I don't know if it was translated or not.
    Definitely good to know.
    (0)
    Somewhere in space... this could be happening right now.

Character
    Aldebaron
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    For the record SoA isn't like XIV, because XIV is fun and balanced.
    SoA is either stupid easy or stupid hard with no middle ground. People hated Abyssea? At least it was fun, at least when I signed on my whole LS would be on playing, now it's a ghost town since a week after SoA, everyone I've talked to says its just not fun to play ATM either hard or boring
    (3)

Character
    Sylow
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I fail to see what aspect of SoA is hard
    (5)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Asymptotic View Post
    I fail to see what aspect of SoA is hard
    Playing with other people in an intelligent way.
    (4)

Character
    Shidoshii
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader81 View Post
    For the record SoA isn't like XIV, because XIV is fun and balanced.
    SoA is either stupid easy or stupid hard with no middle ground. People hated Abyssea? At least it was fun, at least when I signed on my whole LS would be on playing, now it's a ghost town since a week after SoA, everyone I've talked to says its just not fun to play ATM either hard or boring
    What do you think is so hard? You just need to adjust to the fact that it's not all about steamrolling EP mobs anymore. Isn't it a good thing that all this shiny gear we have actually serves a tactical purpose, instead of having insta-capped stats on damn near everything? Without challenging content to use it on, gear upgrades are pretty much pointless.

I think the difficulty is right where it needs to be at the moment. It's enough to be a shock to Abyssea only players (and hopefully make them rethink their strategies and gear choices, instead of throwing their hands up and quitting), but easily handled by any veteran player. I hope it gets progressively more and more difficult as upcoming content is released.
    (2)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    You guys seems forgetting Wings of the Goddess, you know, the last expansion with similar ideas. The one where almost 95% of the areas are abandoned and beast men running wild controlling the majority of the areas and nothing can be done and progress stalled forever. Even Walk of Echoes is deader than a door nail... Stop defending SE, be critical, or this expansion will suffer the same fate as its older brethren and will be forgotten within a year or so. Right now it's pretty bad, boring, and just no fun. Grinding is the name of the game, but there is a fun grind (aka Abyssea) and there is Reives....
    (4)

Character
    Shidoshii
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    WotG died because besides the moonshade earring, and rose strap (for some specific SAM builds), I can't think of any other significant gear it offered.

If Walk of Echoes suddenly had the chance to drop skirmish weapons, it would be spammed to death. Players follow gear. Which is the main reason I believe SE made the skirmish weapons so powerful. That along with the new gear sets, makes me believe we've just seen the tip of the iceberg.

I think the problem is that they've really backed themselves into a corner with gear and weapons. Lots of MMOs have gear and weapons that go up to +12 or so. The casual players usually get to around +3, semi to hardcore make up the bulk of the playerbase at around the +4 to +9 range. Only the best of the best will ever see the +10 and above levels (the epic glowing armor and wepons). I think ffxi could use a system similar (marrows was a fail attempt) when it comes to upgrades, instead of the "you have it or you don't" paradigm. The beauty is that by simply having different upgrades drop from different events is a way to keep all events alive.

But I do have to give SE credit. For a strictly PvE game, I am amazed that it's had such a long run. I can't put my finger on it, but they're doing something right. I've played and quit many MMOs in the last 10 years (and not looked back), but ffxi has been a mainstay over that time for some reason.
    (1)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Yes but WoTG died looooooong before abyssea came out. It was not fun, it was somewhat useless, and it was meaningless. Then they had to reboot the entire game, Abyssea was created. It's too big of a success to follow, and it's just to good of a game design to top. You can't kill the damn thing even if you want it too..... You would think that SoA would move everyone out of Abyssea. One good thing at least most of the bayld gears are sidegrades and nothing is screaming you must have it and it's game breaking. The only item that is worth your bayld is the Summoner staff lol.
    (1)

Character
    Shidoshii
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    WotG died because there was little point to doing it, read: gear.

Why does Abyssea have to die? I'm glad it was and still is popular. With most jobs, there is much Abyssea gear that has no equal anywhere else. (NIN boots, SCH strat. enhancing gear, etc.). I think this is a good thing.

Bayld gears are pretty nice. Honestly, you're right, they're not game breaking, but I use lots of them for a much more subtle reason than their vanilla stats. Some pieces are nice macro place-holders that keep my hp/mp at a certain level when gear swapping (mage fast cast legs' +60mp . I can't get that anywhere else. Of course, the average player probably won't care about such things, but to me, I absolutely love subtle gear tweaks like that.
    (2)

Character
    Umisith
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Hey, is it possible to enter in Wildskeeper Reive with more than 1 alliance? is there a limit of ppl?
    (0)

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast