Character
    Relacion
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 18

Final Fantasy Veteran but new to this game.

Hi, I am new to this game and I just have a few questions.

1. Of the two quests necessary to get a support job, which one is easier? I hesitate to rely on guides primarily because they seem so outdated.

2. I am on the Sylph server, What should I do to find other players to party with? There just doesn't seem to be anyone to play with in the lower levels.

3. Most newbie guides claim that you need to find a party in the Valkrum Dunes above level 15. I can't find anyone there. What and how should I level from 18 onward?

4. Leveling magic skills seems to be a bit difficult. Is there a way to increase the rate at which they increase without being completely exploitative?

Thank you for answering my questions. I am liking the games story so far (San d'oria is my home city).
    (0)

Player
    1. The one at Selbina.

2. That is not simply on Sylph, most servers have a very low amount of people at low levels.

3. Best place to level that low is Gusgen Mines, you should find hoards of people there.

4. Besides the food on the AH, the Super Kupower Martial Master, or a very rare earring from a Chest dropped by level 30~102 mobs in Gustav Tunnel, there is no way to raise magic skills faster, melee skills have a ring and earring which are just as rare from two other locations as well, but they are less painful to skill up anyways.
    (0)

Character
    Rustic
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ostarion View Post
    Hi, I am new to this game and I just have a few questions.

1. Of the two quests necessary to get a support job, which one is easier? I hesitate to rely on guides primarily because they seem so outdated.
    Selbina's is still the easier one.

2. I am on the Sylph server, What should I do to find other players to party with? There just doesn't seem to be anyone to play with in the lower levels.
    That's correct. With Field/Grounds of Valor, most people go through the lower levels soloing at high speeds.

3. Most newbie guides claim that you need to find a party in the Valkrum Dunes above level 15. I can't find anyone there. What and how should I level from 18 onward?
    Most newbie guides are out of date-exp parties are dead as a form of leveling up. At 18th, you have two nearby options.

1) Grounds of Valor exp -alliance- in Gusgen Mines, which is where you'll find most 18-30 types, OR:

2) Grounds of Valor solo in Dangruf Wadi. That'll work 18-24.

Either way, when you're done, go get your three items- at 24th, you have a fair chance of soloing most of them, and can exp off the field manual in Valkrum further if it's tough at first. If you did Gusgen, odds are you already have the worst one (magicked skull).

4. Leveling magic skills seems to be a bit difficult. Is there a way to increase the rate at which they increase without being completely exploitative?
    Worm mobs. Especially if you have Silence, which essentially neuters worms at long range. Find a decently tough worm and cast at your -absolute maximum range-. When it starts casting back, back off and watch it's spell fizzle out harmlessly. Repeat as needed.
    (1)
    Old-time player, new-time character- Ragnarok server.

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    For magic skilling up it depends on which skill it is. Healing you actually have to give the person(s) hp back. Almost everything else you can just spam it. Divine, dark, bard skills, geo skills, and summoning skills are probably the hardest to skill up/kept at cap.
    (0)

Character
    Rustic
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithera View Post
    For magic skilling up it depends on which skill it is. Healing you actually have to give the person(s) hp back. Almost everything else you can just spam it. Divine, dark, bard skills, geo skills, and summoning skills are probably the hardest to skill up/kept at cap.
    Alternatively, you can go heal undead mobs instead.

Besieged is good for this when there's Qutrub around, for example- but you can level healing and exp up in a lot of dungeons hammering on mobs with Cures instead of looking for people to patch up.
    (0)
    Old-time player, new-time character- Ragnarok server.

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    Aww but it's fun running around the towns tossing out cures on those who are low. That and unless they're in a place undead are always around they gotta wait til it's night. I was mostly going with the while in a party or event where there were people you could cure spam. Sometimes I wish campaign still gave skill ups, but no too many abused that event. Only because npcs are a healing skill up dream. Oh yeah I forgot in my list of skills that might take a while is automaton skills but that's more their skill rather than your own.
    (0)