Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player

PlayOnline - Stop Excluding Paying Members From Your Online Contests!!! (Round 2)

Hi,

I called PlayOnline and they told me to post on here (and the rep also said that there is no management or leads to talk to, what a horrible customer service policy, to not allow paying customers to talk to management, glad I've been paying for 10 years straight, I feel the love)

My wife and I both entered the Valentione's Day Mog House Decoration Contest (NA) and she has received her (Apie) wastebasket in her delivery box yet my character (Cegiana) has not. We both share a Square-Enix account and since the contest clearly said, 1 entry per person, we are 2 people with 2 entries with 2 separate paying accounts on 1 SE account because of the token, so where's my wastebasket? We followed the rules, so don't tell me that it was 1 entry per Square Enix account, cause that's not what the rules say, it said 1 entry per person.

What's annoying is that I explained in my entry that we are TWO people under 1 square enix account and we each have our own PlayOnline account. So you get paid for 2 accounts every month from us, so like I said, where is my wastebasket? I'm getting tired of being screwed out of your contests because my wife and I decided to only get 1 security token, you never told us that if we got just 1 token that I would be getting excluded from every single online contest you have, what kind of crap is that? So, once again, where is my damn wastebasket?

This was just the latest, I haven't been able to enter any contests that my wife enters, yet we both pay every month, yeah that's really fair. Change your policy, today, not tomorrow, not in 6 years, but before the new egg contest ends so I, once again, won't be screwed out of entering the contest. I'm not the only one, I've complained about this before and replies from others tell me that I'm not the only paying customer being screwed here.
    (5)

Character
    Aubinann
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 74
    What's the problem with getting different tokens? Surely you'll save yourself much heartache.
    There's even a software security token available now on iTunes and the Android marketplace.
    (4)

Character
    Vasche
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    http://support.na.square-enix.com/fa...aqtop&c=2&sc=0

Can a SQUARE ENIX account be shared?

Transferring, selling or sharing an account is strictly prohibited. A Square Enix account should only be accessed and used by the original user. Account information should never be given to any other individual outside of your legal guardian, your minor child, or SQUARE ENIX.

Not sharing an account in this manner provides additional protection for the account from outside influences that may damage, alter or otherwise compromise the account.

Please note that sharing account information is also a violation of the Terms of Service (FINAL FANTASY® XIV User Agreement, Section 3.1). Sharing this account information can lead to disciplinary action being taken against the account.
    (3)

I think the "Sharing" that section is referring to is giving your information to another player so you can both use the same character... not a Family Having two accounts on the same ... Account.

Though maybe it works in both manners but I can easily interpret that as "Dont give out your passwords kids!" Cause They talk about Selling, Transferring, and Account security in the same section.

just SAYING
    (1)

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    I think the "Sharing" that section is referring to is giving your information to another player so you can both use the same character...
    Except this is talking about S-E accounts, not POL accounts.
    (0)
    Nothing in the above post is intended to disparage Square Enix or FINAL FANTASY XI, or to criticize Square Enix staff; such behavior would be a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement. Any such violations of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement should be reported to Square Enix immediately, by using the "Report Post" icon in the bottom-left of forum posts.

No Moogles were harmed in the making in this post. Stars save the Sibyl!

Quote Originally Posted by Ziyyigo-Tipyigo View Post
    Except this is talking about S-E accounts, not POL accounts.
    I'm well aware of this. But did you know having access to your Square Enix Account means you have access to all of their POL information, including IDs, as well as a way to instantly change the password for any of those accounts?

The Paragraph he quoted is strongly indicating the definition of the word "Sharing" in the context of that rule is to Share your information with someone, not 2 people having their separate accounts one one SE ID.

Though, For what its worth, SE Never intended people to put multiple peoples accounts under 1 SE Account, This was pretty obvious by most of their events being "1 Per Senix account" and not "1 per Playonline ID".
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Apie View Post
    Hi,

I called PlayOnline and they told me to post on here (and the rep also said that there is no management or leads to talk to, what a horrible customer service policy, to not allow paying customers to talk to management, glad I've been paying for 10 years straight, I feel the love)

My wife and I both entered the Valentione's Day Mog House Decoration Contest (NA) and she has received her (Apie) wastebasket in her delivery box yet my character (Cegiana) has not. We both share a Square-Enix account and since the contest clearly said, 1 entry per person, we are 2 people with 2 entries with 2 separate paying accounts on 1 SE account because of the token, so where's my wastebasket? We followed the rules, so don't tell me that it was 1 entry per Square Enix account, cause that's not what the rules say, it said 1 entry per person.

What's annoying is that I explained in my entry that we are TWO people under 1 square enix account and we each have our own PlayOnline account. So you get paid for 2 accounts every month from us, so like I said, where is my wastebasket? I'm getting tired of being screwed out of your contests because my wife and I decided to only get 1 security token, you never told us that if we got just 1 token that I would be getting excluded from every single online contest you have, what kind of crap is that? So, once again, where is my damn wastebasket?

This was just the latest, I haven't been able to enter any contests that my wife enters, yet we both pay every month, yeah that's really fair. Change your policy, today, not tomorrow, not in 6 years, but before the new egg contest ends so I, once again, won't be screwed out of entering the contest. I'm not the only one, I've complained about this before and replies from others tell me that I'm not the only paying customer being screwed here.
    And I'll say what I said before. As two people, you should have gotten two square enix accounts. One square enix account is intended to be held by one person. It doesn't matter if you're married or siblings or just live in the same house. You're only supposed to link POL accounts that belong to you to your SE account. The terms of use clearly state the only person you're allowed to share an account with is someone whom you are the legal guardian of.

On your ONE square enix account, how is it fair that you can get two prizes where other people can only get one?

You aren't being screwed out of anything.

(Also, i've had plenty of support contacts escalated to the SGM (essentially the manager)- clearly you got a dud rep, but it is possible to get a call escalated)

They should allow you to seperate the accounts- I'm all for that. But you shouldn't have put them under one SE account to begin with. The reason you can't get two rewards is because you're under one SE account- not because you cheaped out and only got one security token.
    (3)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 04-13-2013 at 10:56 AM.

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    If they didnt want two people to share an SE account, they should have made it so you can only link one POL ID to a given SE account.

The fact that they didnt do this implies that there are some situations where having two POL IDs on the same account is allowed.
    (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    If they didnt want two people to share an SE account, they should have made it so you can only link one POL ID to a given SE account.
    This exists for convenience for an individual. ONE PERSON with multiple accounts would have a vested interest in rolling them under one SE account.
    (2)

Player
    Yes except when I called PlayOnline when the token was first announced, to make sure if we need multiple tokens or just 1. The person never told me we would have severe restrictions on contests and never told me that it's intended for just 1 person, cause I made it very clear that we would have both my wife and my account on 1 token, the person never said, "it's only intended for 1 person" nor anything like that. Plus those that keep saying that it's only for 1 person, that doesn't change the situation that I am in due to SE not informing us about restrictions and not allowing us to correct what they didn't warn us about. When I called PlayOnline (like 3-4 times over this issue) - their attitude is always the same, "too bad you did that and there's nothing we can do to help you." I swear their customer service reminds of me of shady companies that would place ads in the back of magazines in the 1980s. lol
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast