Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Character
    Bigbubba
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 90

best gear for a 90drk/sam

just kind of wondering what ppl are useing these days. most my drk gear is "AH" gear as i have 12 jobs i beat maat on so my gear if set for muti job use.
    (0)

Character
    Spamtastic
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    i'm currently using full perle while working on af3+2 and getting my hands on twilight head+body+scythe.
    (0)
    Spamtastic - Valefor

Currently, the best armor setup for a DRK is AF3+2 Head, body and hands with Ace's pants and feet to TP in. Twilight Head and Body for WS use.

Everything after that is just the best haste and ATK or Store TP items you can get for TP-gain and the best ATK and STR items you can get for WS.

ACC no longer matters.
    (0)

Player
    Ace's Hose/Sabatons/Dominion Ops leg armor can get up to 4 haste but GL with that, Atheling, some stuff depends on weapon/xhit build... Hoard/Tactical/Attila's/White Tathlum/Rose Strap for instance, Grim Cuirass for PDT set/Potentially some WS sets if nothing better, Twilight once you're that far are options as well. Don't remember everything but that's a few items you should look into.
    (0)

Character
    Raelia
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    If you're asking what the best gear is, Penitence +2 is far better than Twilight.

Arguably better than Redemption even, because of the sacrifices you have to make (or perhaps impossibility outside of Abyssea) to 5-hit the 502 delay.

So on the TP side:

Penitence +2, Rose Strap, Fire Bomblet
    Bale+2 Head, Bale Choker, Brutal Earring, Abyssal Earring
    Bale+2 Body, Bale+2 Hands, Hoard Ring, Rajas ring
    Atheling Mantle, Goading Belt, Ace's Hose, Ace's Sabatons

26% Haste.
    Clean 5-hit.

Only issue is you have to keep the Store-TP gear on for Quietus.
    (0)

Character
    Gradd
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    Torcleaver >>> Quietus (Quietus is not an impressive Weaponskill)

Also if a WAR is 5-hitting a 482 Delay Ukon then a DRK should have no problem 5-hitting a 502 Delay Redemption, do the math before spouting false information. 5-Hit Redemption is actually very easy to accomplish.

The ODD AM and Lower Delay will destroy Penitence.

Edit:

For those of you that don't know how to math out STP for X-Hits FFXI Calculator is a very useful tool, I highly recommend getting it.
    (0)
    Last edited by Gradd; 03-22-2011 at 03:40 PM.

Character
    Raelia
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Allow me to add some footnotes to your post:

Quote Originally Posted by Gradd View Post
    Torcleaver >>>* Quietus (Quietus is not an impressive Weaponskill)
    *In Abyssea, with gimp atma and /THF

Outside of Abyssea, Quietus keeps just about the same numbers while Torc drops to about half as strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Gradd View Post
    WAR is 5-hitting a 482 Delay Ukon*
    *In Abyssea, with a +20 STP atma

5% lower delay and 30 seconds of 10%(?) chance of double damage will not offset loss of 5-hit. Hell, a 528 delay can 4-hit easy in Abyssea.

So as long as we're staying in Abyssea, you might be right. But then the real answer is "Level WAR"
    (1)

Character
    Gradd
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    Um... No lol Torcleaver Destroys Quietus both inside and outside, especially if you are holding TP (quietus does not increase Damage from TP), and if you are Subbing /thf there is something wrong. The only way Quietus will beat Torcleaver is if you are taking advantage of its Ignores Defense property, which in the majority of situations isnt doing anything for you.

Once again, Do the math before you pull shit out of your ass, WAR can 5-hit outside of abyssea just fine, you can do so with Carbonara or the Regain Earring from WotG.

DRK can 5-hit Redemption with very little effort, and you don't even need to use rose strap to do it.
    (0)

Character
    Raelia
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Then obviously you have your terminology wrong and are referring to a 5-hit 'rebuild', which is six hits including WS and thus called a 6-hit.

That you don't understand how a 5-hit makes Penitence better than Redemption isn't surprising.

Nor is the fact that you think a 4k WS will beat a 3k WS dropped twice as often and with superior DoT.

I have surmised your knowledge of this subject exactingly, thank you. Enjoy your e-peen WS.
    (1)
    Last edited by Raelia; 03-22-2011 at 05:19 PM.

Character
    Gradd
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    5-hit Build 4-Hit Rebuild, are you really that blind sighted? Things don't NOT WORK because you said so. Your grasp and lack of knowledge on game mechanics is really killing me.

Brutal, Rajas, Ace's Sabatons, Rose Strap, Tactical Mantle, Hoard Ring, Goading Belt, White Tathlum, Askar Korazin, Attila's Ring, Net you 20.8 TP a Swing, putting you at 83.2 TP after 4 Swings, which in Return makes it so you only have to Weaponskill in Brutal/Rajas. This is outside Abyssea and a true 5-hit Build Using Redemption with a 4-hit Rebuild.

Inside of Abyssea you don't have to depend on so much STP because of the Regain from VV.

So once again stop pulling shit out of your ass (you seem to be very good at it) and have math to back up your claims before you spit out bullshit information.

"This can't work because I said so!" is not solid information. Please go Troll somewhere else.
    (0)

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast