Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Raelia
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Congrats on your gimp set. I didn't say it couldn't be done, I said it couldn't be done without sacrifices. Good job dumping Bale body, Abyssal earring, Atheling Mantle, Core/Bomblet, Bale Choker... all for a 5% delay advantage that will never actually manifest in real applications (see: unless you're fighting something for 45 minutes you'll never get an extra swing or WS) and three base damage that you probably offset well with ~40 gear attack lost (which is even more lost once food is applied).

You assume, like the pompous prick defending his picking the wrong toy from the bin that you are, that I haven't done the math. If you knew who you were talking to you'd understand that I wrote the book on half the math involved.

Go back to being 'quit' and leave us real players to our game, k?
    (0)

Character
    Gradd
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    Well that answers my question that your the same idiot player from FFXIAH that is known for your lack of knowledge.

The Sacrifice in Gear is more than worth it because going from a 6 to a 5-hit is a 20% increase is over all Weapon Skill frequency, which is kind of a Big Deal, and you are still hitting the haste cap.

A 5-hit Redemption, also still has the monstrous advantage of its Aftermath, Especially inside Abyssea you are constantly swinging for 1k. To ignore that you are just kidding yourself.

Also real players? Please do yourself a favor and go learn the game mechanics you obviously read the forums to see what people have to say, but you seem to ignore all of it and believe what you want to believe even if the math is right infront of your face. Please continue Subbing Thf and doing other stupid things that make you the horrible player that you are.

I am a pretty well respected DRK even if I do come out harsh when people say stuff that is wrong and try to force bullshit info down peoples throats. 90% of the time I am right, and if I am wrong I will humbly admit defeat.

Suck Less, Period.
    (1)
    Last edited by Gradd; 03-22-2011 at 06:14 PM.

Character
    Raelia
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gradd View Post
    you are still hitting the haste cap.
    Gee. My math must be off.

I mean, even if you wanted to argue having a BRD and merited DNC in your party, you don't even have the 24% to be hitting 80% cap full-time, and if you're talking about being that close to haste cap, 3% haste becomes a big deal.

Once you have that nice 70/30 WS:TP ratio of a 5-hit with Empy WS, aftermath damage works out to about +10% to total. Massive!

Also, you used 'respected' and 'DRK' in the same sentence. I find that hilarious.
    (0)
    Last edited by Raelia; 03-22-2011 at 06:26 PM.

Character
    Gradd
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelia View Post
    Gee. My math must be off.

I mean, even if you wanted to argue having a BRD and merited DNC in your party, you don't even have the 24% to be hitting 80% cap full-time, and if you're talking about being that close to haste cap, 3% haste becomes a big deal.

Also, you used 'respected' and 'DRK' in the same sentence. I find that hilarious.
    Zeleus Tiara, Bale +2 Gauntlets, Goading Belt, Ace's Hose, Ace's Sabs 25% haste in gear, rounded down to 24.51% Haste

So you are actually at 25% in gear, which you need 26% to truly hit the haste cap(That last %.49 is not that big of a deal) using Redemption's 5-hit that I posted, but either way you still have a massive advantage over a Penitence 5-hit.

You are completely Ignorant if your think Penitence can hold a Candle to Redemption.

Once again making more claims without being able to back it up.
    (0)

Character
    Raelia
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Hey, I still forget about Tiara. You have me there.

Now let's go back and look at what started your little tirade:
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelia View Post
    Arguably better than Redemption
    Look at how much shit you have to throw at Redemption to 5-hit it and make it better or at least less arguable?

I admit I only did 5-hit Penitence +2 vs 6-hit Redemption (90), but the difference was negligible and came only down to Aftermath, and how much aftermath you get depends on how much haste you have: More haste = more Aftermath overlap.

In terms of obtainability for a given performance level, Penitence +2 still wins.

So when was the last time you hit capped haste? Be honest. That's the crux of Redemption vs Penitence +2 here.
    (0)

Character
    Gradd
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    Its not arguable it IS better.

Also .49% Haste is basically doing nothing at all and is negligible, especially when comparing a 502 Delay to a 528 Delay.

For Example lets say you throw a Sword strap onto your 528 Delay scythe, Sword strap is roughly equal to 3% haste, that 3% difference only brings your scythe down to a 512 Delay, so either way the 502 Delay has quite the advantage in speed vs. your 528 Delay.

The only scythe that could honestly challenge Redemption would be liberator and thats IF you can maintain the Level 3 AM, which isnt likely at all if you arent in a fast pace attacking situation.
    (0)

Character
    Raelia
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Yeah, you missed my concession: I didn't calculate 5-hit Redemption.

Keep in mind you have to WS in that trash though.

But Penitence +2 5-hit was ~4% better in my math without Aftermath calculated on Redemption 6-hit because I wasn't sure how it functioned.

Don't get me started on partial haste increases, because i can say the same about the flat 5% reduction on Redemption doing basically nothing unless the mob is standing for longer than three minutes. I've done that argument to death. If you really want to hear it since I remember the numbers from the Perdu days:

20 hits of 528 delay to 21 hits of 502 delay is 178 seconds for 502 to gain a hit or 12 minutes of straight melee to gain a WS advantage. Apply haste and this starts to go down, but then WS saturation levels it off at ~35% of it or 62 seconds. Any mob that dies before 62 seconds eliminates a major portion of Redemptions delay advantage.
    (0)
    Last edited by Raelia; 03-22-2011 at 06:55 PM.

Character
    Gradd
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    You don't, you only have to keep Brutal and Rajas (you would have them on anyways) in your Weaponskill gear for the 5-hit that I gave you for Redemption.

You have to realize also with redemption you are hitting twice as hard with melee swings alone than a regular scythe 40% of the time, Empyrean AM is no joke at all.

I will even go as far as saying that a 5-hit Redemption in a fast high haste situation can and will trump Caladbolg.

Torcleaver is the stronger Weaponskill, but the faster Weaponskill frequency in the end would more than likely trump Caladbolg. I say this comparing the speeds of a 5-hit Apocalypse (513 Delay) to a 6-hit Ragnarok (431 Delay) in a capped haste scenario when I did the math between the two Apocalypse built TP only .3 Seconds faster than Ragnarok.

Redemption with its 502 5-hit Delay would obviously build TP faster than that .3 Second difference, Caladbolgs Delay is 430 very similar to Rag is why I am comparing the two.
    (0)

Character
    Raelia
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gradd View Post
    Torcleaver is the stronger Weaponskill, but the faster Weaponskill frequency in the end would more than likely trump Caladbolg.
    Gee, what'd I say four posts ago.

Also:
    70%WS/30%TP split, 1.4 * 30% = 42%+70% = 112%
    Aftermath isn't all that great since it doesn't work on WS, which becomes the far greater portion of damage with Empyrean WS and serious hit-building.

You don't need the STP gear if you've got VV, but I already stated that if we're talking Abyssea then DRK can get bent and I'll take the WAR. Otherwise, you need the STP gear since you're throwing a 1-hit WS, since you need a full 20tp return from it unless you've got more than a bit extra on your TP phase to start offsetting it. Having your 5-hit cake means eating it on WS too, which Penitence +2 actually stays in better gear for.

Unless you're talking about throwing Guillotine instead, which throws your Aftermath advantage out the window. It's 3am, I'll allow you to have forgotten than Quietus was one-hit.

'Eat carbonara' is not a solution, because then Penitence +2 breaks out the attack food.

Are you understanding now that I do have a basis for all of this and I am not talking out of my ass? Thanks for the petty insults along the way.
    (0)

Character
    Gradd
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    I understand its early (I have a flight im staying up so I can sleep on the plane) but, Reading comprehension, I mathed out the TP returns for you earlier. I know Quietus is a Single Hit Weaponskill, with the Gear I gave you:

With 20.8 a swing after 4-hits you end up with 83.2, only using Brutal and Rajas in terms of STP while using Quietus, it nets you 17.0 TP exactly After Weaponskill. Meaning After Weaponskill, swinging for a 4-hit Rebuild would put you at 100.2 TP.

I really don't understand your refusal to believe a 5-hit to be possible when i'm doing the math and putting it right infront of you.

I HIGHLY recommend downloading the newest version of FFXI Calculator since you have trouble understanding how STP actually works and what you can do with current gear available.

Also the AM IS a big Deal, that AM is the 5% ODD that relics were so praised for before abyssea but it procs 40% of the time. Especially if you are inside of abyssea where you are constantly hitting for 1k+ with the bonus from Razed Ruins. Outside you would be swinging from anywhere to 560-750, critting for 850-1k when it does happen, this is not something that can be ignored and it makes the weapon vastly superior to others.
    (0)
    Last edited by Gradd; 03-22-2011 at 07:39 PM.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast