Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Horadrim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by orakio View Post
    Oh i get that part, know he can't use the same SC for it just wondering if he could see what some of the more vulnerable damage types can do for fun factor.

Again for Karah though, when using lunge in a solo situation you don't have to build 6 stacks of a rune. The cooldowns and natures of gambit+lunge are such that you will have over 4 minutes (24 full cooldowns) of not building runes while waiting on the next lunge. That means when he goes to do his burst its Gambit->rune, 10 sec delay, rune, 10 sec delay,rune, Lunge.

Again, not an entire minute plus to utilize the ability, 20-25 seconds at best and resulting in 4 seconds worth of delayed animations on an autoattack. Now if you consider while soloing he has at most access to 41% haste (26% gear + 15% haste spell as /rdm or /whm) and the standard delay of a Greatsword being in the 430-480 delay ranged that gives you a time period between rounds of 4.2-4.72 seconds. Therefore, no attack animation lost on hits.

So in this case for testing purposes his only loss of damage was from a herculean instead of resolution, but as a gain he gets SC damage + Magic Burst Bonus. Now lets look at some numbers hypothetically here and see what the real damage situation is.

Lets say his resolution does 1.5k, his Herculean does 400 damage and his lunge baseline is 1650 (440 gsword skill, no MAB gear) damage.
    Resolution + Resolution + Lunge = 1.5k+1.5k+1.65k for 4650 total
    Resolution + Resolution + Gambit + Lunge = 1.5k+1.5k+1.3(1.65k) for 5145 damage
    Herculean + Resolution + Lunge = 400+1.5k+(SC50% of reso dam)750+1.3(magic burst)(1.65k) for up to 4795 damage with no SC damage reist
    Herculean + Resolution + Gambit + Lunge = 400 + 1.5k +750(SC)+1.6(1.65k) for up to 5290 damage.

Now one of two other situations comes into play here, and that is what his subjob was. With /drk or /war or against much lower level mobs he probably has the attack for a higher modifier on his resolution. In the event of a high attack relative to mob defense, yes the resolution could probably be the better WS. However in a more typical solo setup with /rdm or /whm or /dnc or /blu or even /sam the resolution damage should be relatively lower due to low attack on mid tier armor and lack of attack traits from job/subjob.

What I am trying to illustrate though is that you both overexaggerated the damage difference between the double resolution and the amount of time it requires to put up runes if you do so intelligently. Of course you aren't going into each combat round with 0 runes up and trying to start that gambit+lunge combo, just seems kind of silly to make that assumption.
    I think you're overestimating how much you can get out of the combo, but it doesn't matter much. Like I said I do this all the time when I feel like looking at something cool. I'm sure A/R/E will give Lunge some boosts and make this more viable but I can't be asked to sway from my assessment that its more of a novelty right now than anything else.
    (0)
    Somewhere in space... this could be happening right now.

Quote Originally Posted by orakio View Post
    Again, not an entire minute plus to utilize the ability, 20-25 seconds at best and resulting in 4 seconds worth of delayed animations on an autoattack. Now if you consider while soloing he has at most access to 41% haste (26% gear + 15% haste spell as /rdm or /whm) and the standard delay of a Greatsword being in the 430-480 delay ranged that gives you a time period between rounds of 4.2-4.72 seconds. Therefore, no attack animation lost on hits.
    This is so wrong it's quite amusing. Having a 4 second delay on your weapon and timing JAs to fall between the swings, does not allow you to use JAs without affecting your DPS. You add 2 seconds to your delay (after all forms of haste are taken off) when you use a JA, however using multiple JAs at once allows the 2nd/3rd/4th etc JAs to be used after only 1 second, therefore reducing the amount of DPS lost. In your example, Gambit > Rune (3 seconds) wait 10 secs > Rune (2 seconds) wait 10 secs > Rune > Lunge (3 seconds) gives a total time lost to JAs of 8 seconds. Not to include that fact that you now have no runes up, so you need another 6 seconds of lost JA time to get your runes up again if fighting something that didn't die from your SC.

You also don't take into account the damage lost from en-spells by using gambit. It won't be much, probably 50 dmg lost with 1 rune and then 25 damage with 2 runes, assuming 2 swings between JAs at ~4 second delay.

On the flip-side, there's also the fact that if you're /RDM, then you have native MAB, making Herculean and lunge stronger.

Or that RUN can equip Menhit Leggings for 4 MAB and 4% damage added to MB.
    (1)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesaris View Post
    Did a ton of Damage last night fighting Dolls in Abyssea - Altepa.
    I used Tellus and Did a Scission Skillchain for the Burst Damage!

99 RUN/49 SAM with 200% or more TP

1. Put up 3 Earth Runes
    2. Hit Mob with Gambit to lower its resistance to Earth
    3. Put up 3 MORE Earth Runes
    4. Sekkanoki
    5. Herculean Slash
    6. Resolution
    7. Lunge those 3 Earth Runes up his @$$

I had a Moldavite Earring, Hecate's Earring, and Stoicheion Medal on for MAB +19(i think)

I got so excited that I didn't see what damage the WS's or Skillchain Did... but I did notice that Lunge Magic Bursted for over 2700 Damage on the T doll.
    Gambit/sekka/groundstrike x2/ice lunge did 1983 with no MaB gear/atma on a worm in la thine.
    (1)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2