Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    It's definitely possible that we make upgrades to Stoneskin in the future, but we'd also like you to keep in mind that there is now a need to focus on defense stats to mitigate damage taken.
    Obviously, including a PDT set, but we're still asking because Stoneskin used to scale reasonably, whereas now it doesn't really even with extreme amounts of skill.

I don't know when as a mage my Defense is going to be very low (it should be at least 400) since we don't use Berserk and always have up Protect V. Aside from that the only realistic way to heavily boost defense is to eat Defense food such as Tavnazian Tacos, but this precludes eating "mage" food.

Of course, SE hasn't actually added anything for mages that performs on the level of a typical damage dealer's +25% attack food, so maybe your point here is that mages should be always eating defense food?
    (4)

Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    It's definitely possible that we make upgrades to Stoneskin in the future, but we'd also like you to keep in mind that there is now a need to focus on defense stats to mitigate damage taken. Be sure to choose your equipment accordingly for when Stoneskin is up and we will continue looking into the upgrade and let you know if there are any updates.
    I looked into ways of making my defense better and noticed that meriting Protectra V does not grant Protect V the same bonus? I would think they should be consistent and both benefit from the merit bonus. One could argue this was an oversight?
    (1)
    Elaric
    Carbuncle
    ~Love for the Melee WHM~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2