Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Dev Request for Stoneskin Adjustment

Stoneskin has not ramped with the level cap increase and needs to be adjusted. A cap to 600 not including gear is what I am shooting for.

Another option if they don't want to raise the cap is lower the casting time by half, reduce the recast time and extend the duration to 30-60 min. The whole reason we have it up is because we are squishy and need another layer of protection.

I am creating a dedicated thread on this in hopes of garnering the attention it needs but this has been mentioned in other threads with varying ideas on how to improve it. Bottom line is it needs to be adjusted.
    (19)
    Elaric
    Carbuncle
    ~Love for the Melee WHM~

Character
    Grievor
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Seconded, also include blink and maybe aquaveil to this even.
    (7)

Character
    Fynlar
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I'm pretty sure they've released Stoneskin enhancing gear over time with the implicit intention of addressing this issue, so if you actually end up getting any sort of dev response on this, it'll likely be that. Just sayin'

Also, mages shouldn't be "squishy", they should definitely be sturdier than most melees. Get a PDT set. Mages have a lot more freedom with wearing one than melees do.
    (1)

Player
    I think they should enhance its cap too, but at the same time, it would be so easy to cap these days anyways, so what we would be getting is like 700~ Stoneskin.
    (0)

It's definitely possible that we make upgrades to Stoneskin in the future, but we'd also like you to keep in mind that there is now a need to focus on defense stats to mitigate damage taken. Be sure to choose your equipment accordingly for when Stoneskin is up and we will continue looking into the upgrade and let you know if there are any updates.
    (10)

Okipuit - Community Team

Character
    Horadrim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson_Slasher View Post
    Seconded, also include blink and maybe aquaveil to this even.
    Yes.

I feel the casting of Aquaveil should have increases interruption resistance, be shortened, or the duration should be lengthened. There will be times that I'll cast it and not notice that it has worn before it was even useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    I think they should enhance its cap too, but at the same time, it would be so easy to cap these days anyways, so what we would be getting is like 700~ Stoneskin.
    I'd like to spell to have a 700 soft cap and a 1,000+ hard cap. Make it hard to break 700 but possible with the right gear and consideration.
    (1)
    Somewhere in space... this could be happening right now.

Character
    Hideka
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    seing as how adoulin mobs hit my scholar in full PDT for over 100 damage, id say its high time SS got a severe buff. id say a 2.5X increase
    (3)

I'd say the regular Stoneskin should cap at 5-600 with 500 enhancing and a ton of mnd, and then give Stoneskin 2 to some jobs, where you would typically get 700 damage mitigation, and up to 1000-1100 with the right gear/skill. These values are excluding gear that specifically increases stoneskin potency.

Also, make it a somewhat fast cast and possible to target others.

Blink should get the same treatment. start with 2 shadows, add one shadow per 150 enhancing skill you have. Blink 2 would start with 3, and add one shadow per 150 enhancing skill. Blink 2 should also be possible to cast on others.

I think Red mage should get the second tier versions of these spells. The buffs to the regular spells should obviously apply to all jobs that can currently use them.
    (3)
    Last edited by Mirage; 04-17-2013 at 06:50 AM.

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Blu needs a better stoneskin, too.
    (3)

Earthen Ward needs to be adjusted accordingly if there is to be an increase to Stoneskin's damage mitigation (in addition to changing his Favor to PDT-).
    (3)
    Hayward: Cerberus-San d'Oria

5/5 +1: Cirque [4/5], Tantra [4/5], Ferine [4/5], Estoqueur's [1/5], Sylvan, Navarch's [1/5], Savant's, Orison [1/5], Charis [2/5]

5/5 +2: Creed, Caller's, Unkai, Iga, Raider's, Lancer's, Mavi, Ravager's, Goetia, Bale, Aoidos'

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast