Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Cloudius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

STICKY TO PLDs + DNCs

trying to supertank in rieves does more trouble than help, sure you may get some extra bayld but with the AOE damage from mobs hitting every other player and mpking them you're just pissing everyone else off, and you cant even be raised without taking even more damage and its near impossible to unweaken. think about it before being so selfish
    (1)
    Cloudius

Shiva

SMN99 WHM99 BLM99 THF99 PLD99 SAM99 NIN99 BLU99 DNC99 MNK99 WAR99

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Clou777 View Post
    trying to supertank in rieves does more trouble than help, sure you may get some extra bayld but with the AOE damage from mobs hitting every other player and mpking them you're just pissing everyone else off, and you cant even be raised without taking even more damage and its near impossible to unweaken. think about it before being so selfish
    um what?

Unless there's enough people around to NOT do something like this, they SHOULD be doing it- it makes rieves much easier to clear when there are too few people around- especially in the more remote areas. You should also be smart enough not to stand near those mobs.

I'm not a PLD or DNC and I'm glad when they're around, it makes things safer for me, not more dangerous.
    (12)

Character
    Replicax
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    um what?

Unless there's enough people around to NOT do something like this, they SHOULD be doing it- it makes rieves much easier to clear when there are too few people around- especially in the more remote areas. You should also be smart enough not to stand near those mobs.

I'm not a PLD or DNC and I'm glad when they're around, it makes things safer for me, not more dangerous.
    ^ As a PLD, I pull mobs to one side so DDs can pull them off me and not get AoE. The problem I see with reives is simple and maybe the OP falls in this category:

- Selfish and runs to roots ignoring other players clearing the mobs.
    - BST and sics pet on roots then sits back doing nothing.
    - Dies from AoE/aggro while hitting roots and blames it on others.
    - Die from lack of common sense, situational awareness, or in this case the effective role of a good PLD.

I ignore these ppl or bring all the mobs to the roots to have AoE kill them. Killing the roots immediately is stupid anyway as you will get less Bayld per reive. Killing mobs then attacking roots and clearing repops has always given me more because the reive lasts longer.
    (9)

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    There are some issues with Blu's getting mpk'd. When we use dream flower once some people think it's okay to use an aoe or do a little bit of dmg not causing enough hate to the mob making it attack the blu.

This is why I try to not use dream flower unless it's just a nest, but sometimes the super tank dies and everything comes after me. Not fun. Dream flower which usually has me running away because everyone else, mainly weak ass dnc's and thf's start tic'ing away at the slept mobs causing around four of them to wake up and attack me. I'm just talking from experience though.

Since most want to kill mobs instead of roots it's genuinely best to stay away from aoe spells because some people are ignorant of what you're doing. Once you die and the mobs wake up again it's usually a blood bath.
    (1)

Character
    Ferney
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    hmm..thnx for letting me know what not to do in rieves, the first few you have a learning curve,but no big deal really.
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by ReplicaX View Post
    I ignore these ppl or bring all the mobs to the roots to have AoE kill them. Killing the roots immediately is stupid anyway as you will get less Bayld per reive. Killing mobs then attacking roots and clearing repops has always given me more because the reive lasts longer.
    It's been reported that the root has to be taking damage in order for people to get significant bayld. So it actually helps the entire group if somebody is on it full time.
    (1)

As an Ochain, I, too, pull them away and take 0 damage while you do your thing. I'm helping you, learn to appreciate it.

One will be red, you can take one if you can handle it, but I find that most people (not most jobs, most people), can't. If you know how to play your class, pick them off one by one and kill it, preferably any on other side of the pack, making the others easier to block without moving.

I just find that most ninjas, sams, dancers, blms, etc can't solo them. Not that the classes don't have the tools but the players have never used them.
    (3)

Character
    Sinisterone
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 61
    Quote Originally Posted by OmnysValefor View Post
    As an Ochain, I, too, pull them away and take 0 damage while you do your thing. I'm helping you, learn to appreciate it.

One will be red, you can take one if you can handle it, but I find that most people (not most jobs, most people), can't. If you know how to play your class, pick them off one by one and kill it, preferably any on other side of the pack, making the others easier to block without moving.

I just find that most ninjas, sams, dancers, blms, etc can't solo them. Not that the classes don't have the tools but the players have never used them.
    that's what happens when you go from 30-99 in aby in a day. You have NFC how to play your class
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by SinisterJoint View Post
    that's what happens when you go from 30-99 in aby in a day. You have NFC how to play your class
    Lets not turn this into another thread complaining about how people do not know how to play the game thanks to leeching, k?
    (9)

OP you have no idea what your talking about. I have ochain on PLD mobs hit me for 0, I pick up all the mobs so people can kill the log. If I didn't tank all the mobs people could not kill the log especially when theres only a couple of people there.

OP you shouldn't post if you have no idea what you are talking about or how to even play the game.
    (3)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast