Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Adoulin vs Players

I'm speaking from experiences with players I know, things I have seen, and what I have heard.

I do have lots of friends and acquaintances on the server so I have a good grasp of the "level" most people are at. Most players I know, do not read. They don't read forums. They ignore all words and links on wiki and bgwiki except the ones that they type in (if they use it at all). They don't even read the notes RIGHT ON PLAYONLINE'S HOME SCREEN. When content is released, sometimes it's plainly spelled out. For example, MEEBLE BURROWS was put right on the screen as you log in. Alot of people miss things as obvious as that and even now they're saying "what is Meeble Burrows?" They go to events and battles they have no clue about (reive), refuse to search for information, and get frustrated when they get curb stomped simply because they don't have a clue as to what's going on. Alot of times, as well, they're poorly geared for said content.

We now arrive at Adoulin. Adoulin is truly full of things to do. When I was READING through all the info about colonization, in the back of my mind, I said "shit." It seems I have to rely on people for things to get done. These players, whom I know, will come to adoulin and spam enter through everything text-wise(especially missions and afterwards where their points will go). It is at times like this that I am grateful that servers are not split by region.

Reive needs some work but it CAN be very fun. I had a blast going to Moh and there we nothing but competent players. Maybe 10 in total in that very small and cramped area at ~I-8. It was both fun and challenging. We wiped twice and each time everyone was pumped to go back because we knew we could win. You have a much different experience in reive with a good party than with tons of people who afkish zerg the wall as if the mobs around won't kill them.

Reive, imo, is not meant to be as much of a time sink as campaign battle was and I think this is where there is a big misunderatanding. It CAN be something you spend alot of time doing, but again, this is something that can be hindered by "those types of players." Alot of players have not ventured further than Ceizak Battlegrounds and Yahse Hunting Grounds (some haven't even gone to Yahse). They don't know how to get to Moh Gates. They don't know what Morimar Basalt is. They will say outloud, "I wonder what Foret de Hennetiel is like," and not take 2 mins to walk there and find out when they're RIGHT THERE in the neighboring zone. So we are stuck with 80 people spamming 4 reive in Ceizak.

Since they don't read they only have word of mouth to go by from the minority about other major parts of Adoulin like Logging, Watercrafting, Mining, Demolishing, etc. SKIRMISH. People are complaining about wait times between reive in one area when there are multiple others they could take 15 of the 60 people they have spamming one area, and go to another area. If they do manage to clear, and have a wait, how beneficial is it to even do one of those other activites(especially when skirmish items are selling for 10mil a piece >.>b). Or even SOUL PYRE farming. Alas, they're spamming the forum with how bad reive is when they can't simply read and figure out that there is more to Adoulin than just spamming Reive.

Enmity is the only major thing that needs work for reive (that points fiasco was pretty bad and deserve some negative feedback). That and those rabbits and their aoe spam going off every 5 seconds. Smn and bst are at a big disadvantage. Other than that, Reive is FINE. Simple, but it's not BAD. It is the challenge players who have conquered previous content, need. Those who wish to level and gear their jobs in 2 weeks and are upset it's not a walk in the park, have no right to demand adjustments. This is simply next in the line of PROGRESSIVE content.

The reading aspect is something that needs to be addressed, sadly. The NA players are mostly lazy and simple. People will spam the reive they hate just for gear, and won't take the time to figure out that said gear can be augmented to make it better. You have to simplify and force content onto them. They need to be forcibly warped to other zones to know that they exist. They need menu input that doesn't allow them to simply spam enter to go to the next screen and not know what was said. Because YOU developers have made this a system that is build around cooperation, you have to cooperate with us and put the simplicity down to their level. Not the difficulty.

(Personal Advertisment) Legion is now very easy. It would be very awesome if those players on Carbuncle would lose their fear of the event and start farming the crafting items so that the prices of hexed gear -1 would go down <3
    (20)
    Last edited by Miiyo; 04-10-2013 at 11:09 PM.
    Teh most famous/infamous Taru on Carbuncle!

Miiyo Taru | Sargantanas Final Fantasy X|V

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I swear, I feel like I"m the only person who actually reads all the NPC dialogue. Though I admit that the early days where most NPCs, even on quests, told you nothing useful whatsoever trained even some people who usually read to skip through stuff because they expect a cryptic useless message.
    (5)

Character
    Dazusu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Talk about tasting the rainbow.
    (11)

Quote Originally Posted by Dazusu View Post
    Talk about tasting the rainbow.
    Lol. It's something I picked up from FF14 beta forums. It's a bit more easy to highlight key points. Especially when the post is this long.
    (1)
    Last edited by Miiyo; 04-10-2013 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Though I admit that the early days where most NPCs, even on quests, told you nothing useful whatsoever trained even some people who usually read to skip through stuff because they expect a cryptic useless message.
    A lot of mmos function like this. They give out "boring" quest after quest just so you can level. After the 3rd one you lose interest in the "story" and just want to get it over with. I defintely understand those feels. FFXI is guilty for exactly what you said. Granted, it's not nearly as bad as alot of current MMO's. However, they can't expect anyone to do anything different than spam and thus, we need counteractive ways to get away from that habit.
    (1)

Character
    Kojo
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I swear, I feel like I"m the only person who actually reads all the NPC dialogue. Though I admit that the early days where most NPCs, even on quests, told you nothing useful whatsoever trained even some people who usually read to skip through stuff because they expect a cryptic useless message.
    I read the dialogue, I've always played the old FF games for their story, maybe it's one reason I always do a job's full AF. (EDIT: Hint-hint, SE)

The fact that there are people out there that button mash doesn't surprise me, what does is that there are people who don't research anything at all. In early 2004, I was talking about Apocalypse, and everyone just laughed it off at "103 damage". I thought everyone read about this stuff.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Can you imagine waking up each morning knowing that you would have to wrestle a man-sized radish to death in order to eat?
    Sorry, had to.

Character
    Delekii
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Miiyo View Post
    Lol. It's something I picked up from FF14 beta forums. It's a bit more easy on the eyes than a wall of black text. Especially when the post is this long.
    No, no it's not. Otherwise books would be printed in psychadelica instead of black and white.
    (8)

Character
    Shadaax
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Part of the problem is that the enmity system is still fubared so support and healing jobs are finding it very difficult to do much of anything in Adoulin. No mage wants to get Whirl Clawed in the face for tossing out a Cure III.

But another major reason nobody is doing much outside of Ceizak is because it's a major hassle. For example, I went to Morimar Basalt Fields yesterday to get the KI to do reives there. Two hours, 40 pickaxes and three deaths later, I still hadn't been able to mine the marble pebble needed to turn in for the key item. And this is on top of trying to beat out half a dozen other people running between mining points through tons of VT aggro. That's not my definition of "fun" content. Colonizing should be challenging, yes, but this is plain ridiculous.
    (8)
    I reject your reality and substitute my own...
    - Adam Savage

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Yeah, totally agree with the OP. 10 years and these developers still have no idea what the KISS principle is. Keep It Simple Stupid! LOL.
    (7)

Character
    Kaliyah
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadax View Post
    Part of the problem is that the enmity system is still fubared so support and healing jobs are finding it very difficult to do much of anything in Adoulin. No mage wants to get Whirl Clawed in the face for tossing out a Cure III.

But another major reason nobody is doing much outside of Ceizak is because it's a major hassle. For example, I went to Morimar Basalt Fields yesterday to get the KI to do reives there. Two hours, 40 pickaxes and three deaths later, I still hadn't been able to mine the marble pebble needed to turn in for the key item. And this is on top of trying to beat out half a dozen other people running between mining points through tons of VT aggro. That's not my definition of "fun" content. Colonizing should be challenging, yes, but this is plain ridiculous.
    Just tossing a Cure III? I can't even toss out a haste without something running over, slapping me, and saying "No....no" then run back over to whoever I cast on. Then after that I can't do anything on myself without the same thing happening. Shouldn't be placed in a situation where it feels like everyone is at capped hate and mobs run like rabid beast hitting anyone for breathing.

Currently the only way any one I've done this with has found to avoid it..is have an ochain Pld run in first, gather up all the mobs, then sit in a corner while everyone beats the roots down. Either that or constantly Sleepga things. Leaves me wondering if the wildsreive is just as annoying....I've heard a little on it, but have yet to experience it myself.
    (4)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast