Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1

"Current Known Issue"

Quote Originally Posted by NOC_NA View Post
    A player may not be able to resist attacks from a monster despite the monster’s level being lower than their own character.
    Why do I get the feeling that they're talking about level 30 monsters being able to put a level 75+ to sleep, which is something that's been going on since, oh, 2003 or so?
    (1)
    Nothing in the above post is intended to disparage Square Enix or FINAL FANTASY XI, or to criticize Square Enix staff; such behavior would be a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement. Any such violations of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement should be reported to Square Enix immediately, by using the "Report Post" icon in the bottom-left of forum posts.

No Moogles were harmed in the making in this post. Stars save the Sibyl!

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziyyigo-Tipyigo View Post
    Why do I get the feeling that they're talking about level 30 monsters being able to put a level 75+ to sleep, which is something that's been going on since, oh, 2003 or so?
    Nah, resists on spells have been a bit worse since the update, most magic from lower level mobs have been both more powerful both in damage and potency. Its why people were dying to things which normally would never kill them, like my RDM dying to a level 75 Ramuh or BST pets taking a ton more damage from Behemoths who use Meteor. The reason why level 30 mobs can sleep a level 99 player is because there is always a small chance spells will land, even if you have the minimum land rate its a possibility just like how hit rate is, this is a different thing completely.
    (1)

Character
    Tohihroyu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I think its cause of 99's being killed by TW black mages (Freeze, and the like and the first ga III's (stonega & waterga I think) hell I heard of ppl dieing to T2 -gas its so bad.

And of course they don't list the huge issue with enmity

Its not fun dieing in carby kite solos, not fun when charmed or jug pets can't get their moves off cause the monster runs right for the player and ignores he pet.
    (1)