Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player

Are their any plans to add additional areas to adoulin?

Currently adoulin compared to other expansions doesn't have as many areas, and the colonization map is very empty are their any plans to add new zones in the future and can we expect certain areas like the following?

1.) Will we see the Velkk Stronghold?
    2.) Will we see any new villages?
    3.) Will there be any open zones in adoulin?
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I'm sure we don't have all the areas yet. In particular, there doesn't seem to be a BC area for like a final mission boss or anything like that.

3.) Will there be any open zones in adoulin?
    I'm not sure what you mean? Every zone except the skirmish zones is "open" in terms of being someplace you can freely enter/leave.

I doubt there will be any other towns/villages because this is an unexplored continent.
    (0)

Player
    I mean a open field area, currently from what I have seen many if not all of the areas in this expansion are like mazes, we don't have an open field area like the desert.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightshadow View Post
    I mean a open field area, currently from what I have seen many if not all of the areas in this expansion are like mazes, we don't have an open field area like the desert.
    Basalt fields are pretty open to me. That said I don't see any problem with the current areas. They kind of needed to have chokepoints to fit their design vision for rieves.
    (0)

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Basalt Fields aren't that open, it just has random wide spaces separated with corridors and the obligatory barriers forcing foot traffic to funnel into said corridors.
    (1)

Player
    If they did, we'd have to download them via patch, which they typically don't have us do for expansion pack locations, unless they're really, really, REALLY behind production schedules for SoA.
    (3)

Player
    Kamihr Piedmont
    Yorcia Weald
    Yorcia Weald [U]
    Marjani Gorge

Those are the yet to be implemented zones where presumably 3 more Naakuals will roam. Yorcia Weald has a (U) zone so we can also assume that a Skirmish will also take place in this area. There is also the Mog Resort and whatever endgame zone happens to come with this Expansion.
    (0)

Sparthosx - Lakshmi - 90 BLU BRD SAM COR RNG DNC PUP BST WAR WHM
    Sig by Kingfury

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    If they did, we'd have to download them via patch, which they typically don't have us do for expansion pack locations, unless they're really, really, REALLY behind production schedules for SoA.
    The producer did say he was behind schedule and most of the stuffs will be added in the summer updates. So I would guess June or Sept updates. As with typical SE expansion, waiting for 4-6 months after release is probably best to avoid buyer's remorse and not subjected yourself to be a guinea pig for beta testing. Waiting a year or 18 months is the best deal, the price often drops to $5-10 bucks, there will be tons of adjustment (hopefully) and you will have plenty of content to plow through for the next 2-3 months then take another break. I think with this game, playing 4-5 months in a year is plenty now. You really don't need to play every month anymore.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Luvbunny View Post
    The producer did say he was behind schedule and most of the stuffs will be added in the summer updates. So I would guess June or Sept updates.
    Can't wait for all the update-congestion whining threads with the monthly 200mb updates then, because they can't be arsed to rewrite POL's updating system or throw a larger bandwidth pipeline at it.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Caketime View Post
    Basalt Fields aren't that open, it just has random wide spaces separated with corridors and the obligatory barriers forcing foot traffic to funnel into said corridors.
    How many giant open spaces do we need? is a big expanse of nothing really that much better than rooms and corridors? Tighter areas do allow for more variation in level design. I mean, you've seen one big open space, you've seen them all.

At any rate, there are a handful of areas that are not yet available.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast