Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Player
    Oh trust me I've no want to ever have to farm boxes in such a way, it's the exact reason I never even tried to get any of the skill up+ gear. That said I know what to expect and I know what the easiest and most sensical way of implementing them is, it would simply follow their already established method of obtaining these items. I'd also love Guild Points as a method for all, but that's probably not going to happen.
    (0)

Hello, everyone!

As an update to my previous post, the team is working to implement these new torques in the August version update, and they can be obtained through Treasure Caskets dropped by monsters in certain areas when you defeat them.

With the addition of these new torques, we will have to make adjustments to the rate in which existing torques appear in these Treasure Caskets; however, the team will be making it so the rate does not change much for the existing rare items.
    (5)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Thank you. Its nice to know they'll be caskets, there goes my cynical fishing idea... Sounds like they'll be coming from the same zones other torques drop in?

Anyway, just... just a small follow up, it took me weeks of on and off living in Horutoto(mostly on) to get my Fisher Torque, 'cause completionist... when you say "Adjust", do you mean lower? Cause they seem disturbingly low already lol.
    (4)

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Thank you. Its nice to know they'll be caskets, there goes my cynical fishing idea... Sounds like they'll be coming from the same zones other torques drop in?

Anyway, just... just a small follow up, it took me weeks of on and off living in Horutoto(mostly on) to get my Fisher Torque, 'cause completionist... when you say "Adjust", do you mean lower? Cause they seem disturbingly low already lol.
    I agree on the states seemingly being low on the torques and its kinda why I thought they should become upgradable or adjust to your current level of your crafting skill as you rank up in your crafts but guess most would be just satisfied as it is, Shrugs?
    (0)
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Character
    Culex
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Didn't see the torques mentioned in the update notes, are they in the game now or were they delayed?
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Hello, everyone!

As an update to my previous post, the team is working to implement these new torques in the August version update, and they can be obtained through Treasure Caskets dropped by monsters in certain areas when you defeat them.

With the addition of these new torques, we will have to make adjustments to the rate in which existing torques appear in these Treasure Caskets; however, the team will be making it so the rate does not change much for the existing rare items.
    sooo august 2016?
    (0)

Character
    Sandmaster
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    August 2017 woie.

I don't know why the job specific emote torques were included in this discussion (and I apologize for biting the troll bait) but those job torques were released for a little bit of fun, I did my COR one just this week and I very much enjoy tossing a lucky coin up in the air. The requirements are simplistic and the reward isn't the additions to the torque, it was the emote. There was no need for SE to add anything at all to the torques other than unlocking the emote. These Crafting torques are something special and as an un-and-coming Goldsmith at 62 I will spend weeks farming these - only qualm is why couldn't they be added to different caskets? no need for more than 1 torque to drop per zone. There must be some problem with the implementation which is why only half of them were released in the beginning.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandmaste View Post
    August 2017 woie.
    well looks like we where both wrong the torques are out there so far confirmed goldsmith in den of rancor and wood in Boyahda Tree

very strange that was left out of the update notes, not that anyone ever reads them......
    (0)

Character
    Seigyoku
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Well true no one reads the notes but they did say items were added. Like the torques. And just like the ones before, they don't tell you were to get them, you kill stuff in GoV zones till someone gets lucky and reports they found them!
    (0)
    Don't wish. Don't start.

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandmaste View Post
    August 2017 woie.

I don't know why the job specific emote torques were included in this discussion (and I apologize for biting the troll bait) but those job torques were released for a little bit of fun, I did my COR one just this week and I very much enjoy tossing a lucky coin up in the air. The requirements are simplistic and the reward isn't the additions to the torque, it was the emote. There was no need for SE to add anything at all to the torques other than unlocking the emote.
    Yeah thats just the thing that gets to me no matter how easy it was, why create an armor piece that is not gonna be much use, just to get to the whole point of the emote when they simply should of done a temp KI to hand in on completion instead in order to get the permanent job emote which is the whole point you went after it in the first place. Well my idea is if you or the dev team went to great links to put those torques into the game mise well make them usable again at some point but I guess that's just me and yes this is off topic a bit to the crafting torques but still under a torques thread none the less. :-)
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 08-19-2014 at 06:41 PM.
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast