Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Even cooking!?! I always thought it was left out because of Hocho
    (0)

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

Upgradeable Torques!?

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Hello, everyone!

The torques to boost the crafting skills of woodworking, clothcraft, goldsmithing, and cooking will be implemented sometime after the August version update.

The team has already prepared these items and they are currently working on how they can be obtained.
    I hope they will be made upgradable and kept upgradable over time unlike the job torques/job emote torges turned out to be, which easily became a tossable neck gear item almost right away or was tossable later on!
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 07-04-2014 at 12:47 PM.
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Quote Originally Posted by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle View Post
    I hope they will be made upgradable and kept upgradable over time unlike the job torques/job emote torges turned out to be, which easily became a tossable neck gear item almost right away or was tossable later on!
    Ummm, unless they introduce a cap on how much +craft skill you can have, or they introduce new neck equipment with even more skill on, you'll never want to toss these!

These are for crafting, not for fighting, maybe you misunderstood?
    (0)

Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    Ummm, unless they introduce a cap on how much +craft skill you can have, or they introduce new neck equipment with even more skill on, you'll never want to toss these!

These are for crafting, not for fighting, maybe you misunderstood?
    nope, I didn't misunderstand but what I did understand is that these torques will be used to level up a craft quickly but they could have an effect of becoming useless and I was using the job turques as the prime example of how they became useless but I was also stating that they could make them upgradeable as in put more craft skill up into them over time as your craft raises quickly but keep in mind we want theses item's not to take up any more room then everything else has done in the past, e-specially since I'm always on very tiny limited room left as it is.
    (0)
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Character
    Darkcloudx
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    nope, I didn't misunderstand but what I did understand is that these torques will be used to level up a craft quickly but they could have an effect of becoming useless and I was using the job turques as the prime example of how they became useless but I was also stating that they could make them upgradeable as in put more craft skill up into them over time as your craft raises quickly but keep in mind we want theses item's not to take up any more room then everything else has done in the past, e-specially since I'm always on very tiny limited room left as it is.
    Not sure why you are talking about leveling up a craft quickly since the crafting torques don't increase skill up rate they just add on to you current skill.
    (1)

Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by waithuhwhat View Post
    Not sure why you are talking about leveling up a craft quickly since the crafting torques don't increase skill up rate they just add on to you current skill.
    well they could do both or there could be more then one type of crafting torque as well and we do not know that yet but we can speculate on what the stats will be, just like they did with some crafting rings but that is also just an example of it as well. The rings didn't add crafting skill however, just figured I better say it before anyone says anything about that even.
    (0)

Player
    We know what these will do as we've had the other torques for other crafts for more than a year now. These are the exact same, but for the skills that don't have torques yet.
    (2)

well they could do both or there could be more then one type of crafting torque as well and we do not know that yet but we can speculate on what the stats will be, just like they did with some crafting rings but that is also just an example of it as well. The rings didn't add crafting skill however, just figured I better say it before anyone says anything about that even.
    What this guy said:
    vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Quote Originally Posted by Demonjustin View Post
    We know what these will do as we've had the other torques for other crafts for more than a year now. These are the exact same, but for the skills that don't have torques yet.
    Basically, they released torques that give skill +2 to various crafts, including leathercraft (I only know that one as it's the one I'm doing). This was, as DJ said, over a year ago. All that this update is, is that they're now adding the torques for the crafts that were missed. It gives skill +2. Nothing more. Nothing less.

The original ones, if you're interested, were found in the brown caskets in GoV areas (Leathercraft was quicksand caves).
    (1)

Player
    The easiest way to make these obtainable would be GoV in ToAU/WotG imo.
    (2)

Character
    Aerolite
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonjustin View Post
    The easiest way to make these obtainable would be GoV in ToAU/WotG imo.
    what sort of sick pleasure do you people get from grinding chests until your eyes fall out
    (4)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast