Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Orakio
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by NDSI View Post
    Personally I was able to skill up parry quite fast couple days ago after I got RUN to 99 took me couple of hours to get it from 372 to 424, used skill up earring & ring + Maringna.

And as far as other skills go... nobody forces you to stay in abyssea for 69 levels, people who have played the game, the non-abyssea way, they know you would cap your skills before leveling up (well 99% of the time), so yeah fast exp equalls low combat/magic skills.
    While the non-abyssea way of skilling up is true for melee combat and melee skills (if you are solo and the mobs are attacking you), it is far from true for enhancing, summoning, or geomancy magics. The OP is absolutely right in that these skills take excessively long and that the rate is a bit archaic at the moment. Spending hours of skilling up spells for 2-3 ranks is simply not a reasonable rate here anymore.

This is all because the calculation for skillup chance is different for effects used on players (like enhancing/summoning/geomancy magics) than it is for effects used on NPC's (like combat skills or elemental/enfeebling magic). If they altered these skills to at least use the same chance as NPC targetted abilities that alone would make a MASSIVE difference.
    (5)
    Last edited by orakio; 04-09-2013 at 05:01 AM.

612 wharf ave next to the gentlemen's club.
    Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    If you are looking for better skill up for enhancing I suggest doing melee combat with DC to EV prey mobs while casting. I've always seen my best skill ups on RDM while doing this. If you go this route on RDM I'd suggest skipping Composer.
    (0)

Character
    Loftythoughts
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Just going to point out the spell Geo-Poison is cast on mobs and not the player, and does seem to skill Geomancy and Handbell faster like casting cures on the undead. Just find a worm or have someone tank a mob for you and Cast Geo-poison, when recast is up use Full Circle and cast it again.

Though I do agree that some skills like summoning and enhancing do need looked at.
    (0)

Character
    Horadrim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Totally agree on that, it's completely needeless, especially with how fast XP is today. While they're at it, they should look at summoning, geomancy, and automaton ranged skill too, because those are awful as well.
    Passive skills (Geomancy, Enhancing, Songs, Healing magic) should have skill up rate higher than aggressive skills such as weapons/attack magics. Even defensive skills such as Guard, Evasion, and Parry are excessively easy to raise since you can swarm monsters of the appropriate level against yourself or just go to Abyssea with with Cloak/Dagger+Ducal Guard+Mounted Champion. I got +200 Parry and +75 Evasion in less time than it took me to get +50 Great Sword on RUN.
    (2)
    Somewhere in space... this could be happening right now.

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I agree about enhancing magic.

Geomancy hasn't been slow for me at all though. Just about the time when Indi spam slowed down, I could then enter Abyssea and cast geocolure on worms. I'm sure the rate will decrease even on those, but at least up to job level 70, I've capped each level within a few minutes with frequent .4-.5's.

Has anyone trying to skill with geocolure on mobs noticed an enhancing-terrible skill up rate for geomancy post 70?
    (0)
    Last edited by Merton9999; 04-09-2013 at 09:46 AM.

Character
    Xantavia
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I would love a faster way to skill up enhancing magic. I don't think I ever joined a party on rdm after level 30 and instead soloed all the way to 99. I'd play 4 hours a day, constantly buffing myself while killing mobs, and at the end of the day might have gained 0.3 in it. Sadly, I got many more skill-ups when I decided to call my NPC and spam protect on them over and over again outside of town.
    (0)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Maybe if we keep bumping this thread and started similar one in Japanese forum, they would do something about it. I mean it took them like 9 years to update Guard skills up, I am sure we will still be here in 2022 for their 20th Anniversary.
    (2)

Player
    Yeah it is pretty annoying standing around doing nothing but spamming stuff in the hopes of getting some skill ups. Not really what i want to do with my subscription. I am fine with skill ups they should just be reasonable. Summoning magic should just randomly raise when you have an avatar out as far as i am concerned, you seem to be "channeling" it anyway with the mp /tick.
    (1)

Character
    Horadrim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Merton9999 View Post
    I agree about enhancing magic.

Geomancy hasn't been slow for me at all though. Just about the time when Indi spam slowed down, I could then enter Abyssea and cast geocolure on worms. I'm sure the rate will decrease even on those, but at least up to job level 70, I've capped each level within a few minutes with frequent .4-.5's.

Has anyone trying to skill with geocolure on mobs noticed an enhancing-terrible skill up rate for geomancy post 70?
    It slows down horribly over 300 (individual), and consider the fact you do have 2 skills to cap. It can be pretty bad sometimes.
    (0)
    Somewhere in space... this could be happening right now.

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Horadrim View Post
    It slows down horribly over 300 (individual), and consider the fact you do have 2 skills to cap. It can be pretty bad sometimes.
    Not to mention, usually in normal battle you are not expected to spam these geo buffs over and over unlike say, elemental magic or healing. So even if you are levelling Geomancer the normal slow old school way, your skills still will not cap. The same problems is plaguing Summoner.
    (0)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast