Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Character
    Alexisjade
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Yes thats another thing I'd like to see stackable.
    Juice an lite drinks.
    (0)
    You're dammed if you do and you're dammed if you don't

Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Honestly would you really want to bother wasting time to turn them into clusters every time you get a stack ? Eventually that would get quite tedious. Your 144 crystals would be turned into 2 stacks / 2 slots instead of 12 stacks / 12 slots. The game and Auction House already knows how to read stacks of 99. The game mechanic is already there.
    First, in terms of converting crystals to clusters, I'd actually prefer a more lenient system than quivering ammo/tools. You know how you can turn a cluster into 12 crystals just by clicking on it? Well, put an extra option under the sort buttons where, when highlighting 12 crystals, you can push it and it makes the cluster. Nothing really tedious about it unless you're running at 78/80 or something.

Secondly, you missed the point about the 12 and 99. My concern lies in what happens at the AH when you have between 13 and 98 crystals. Will you be forced to sell 1 like if you were 2-11? Would it attempt to divide by 12 once and leave you with the remainder? Those will require additional checks that every transaction will subsequently have to process, potentially meaning a slower AH for everyone. Simply converting crystals to stackable clusters avoids this nonsense, requiring only a minor tweak to their ability to stack and a listing for it in the proper AH category.

What some people also need to realize is that being able to sell more at once isn't exactly good for the seller. Using Echo Drops as an example, we all know it would be a godsend to be able to hold 99, but to make this stack, you're going to need 40+ Honey/Crystal/Sage/Water even if you can HQ decently (Which is why synth yields and subsequent NPC buyback prices would need addressed) and then deal with the eventual drop in sales after the initial rush as you're basically cutting the need for people to buy Drops from the AH by 825%. Some might think people would use more if they could carry more, but that's a gamble. Either way, as far as Honey goes, Sylph sells just a little under 2 stacks a day. That will not meet the demands of crafters, and the few who will farm it will attempt to jack the price, of which this expense is then passed off to the buyer, who will more than likely refuse when you start looking at 85k+ for a stack of drops (Hint: NPCs offer a ceiling value that Alchemists can never go past in excess) and so crafters lose interest, drops stop showing up on the AH, farmers lose interest, and the cycle more or less repeats in what I consider to be unhealthy economics as supply and demand through feast and famine.

Realistically, a lot of current non-stackables should go to 12 at best. As droolworthy as 99 of something might be, how many people actually mine or log enough these days to come out with 99 copper, yew, or whatever? The harvesting points don't even support those kind of yields with how slowly they respawn and how fickle they can be in putting out.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriha View Post
    What some people also need to realize is that being able to sell more at once isn't exactly good for the seller. Using Echo Drops as an example, we all know it would be a godsend to be able to hold 99, but to make this stack, you're going to need 40+ Honey/Crystal/Sage/Water even if you can HQ decently (Which is why synth yields and subsequent NPC buyback prices would need addressed) and then deal with the eventual drop in sales after the initial rush as you're basically cutting the need for people to buy Drops from the AH by 825%. Some might think people would use more if they could carry more, but that's a gamble. Either way, as far as Honey goes, Sylph sells just a little under 2 stacks a day. That will not meet the demands of crafters, and the few who will farm it will attempt to jack the price, of which this expense is then passed off to the buyer, who will more than likely refuse when you start looking at 85k+ for a stack of drops (Hint: NPCs offer a ceiling value that Alchemists can never go past in excess) and so crafters lose interest, drops stop showing up on the AH, farmers lose interest, and the cycle more or less repeats in what I consider to be unhealthy economics as supply and demand through feast and famine.
    I thought people just bought echo drops from the NPC and listed them on the AH for profit. I did that one day out of boredom.
    (0)

Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    It can be a razor thin profit at times, but I wouldn't be surprised. A slow 1-2k sale isn't worth it for me when things I'd be after cost 1m or more.

Dead Alchemy is dead.
    (0)

Character
    Ryak
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriha View Post
    First, in terms of converting crystals to clusters, I'd actually prefer a more lenient system than quivering ammo/tools. You know how you can turn a cluster into 12 crystals just by clicking on it? Well, put an extra option under the sort buttons where, when highlighting 12 crystals, you can push it and it makes the cluster. Nothing really tedious about it unless you're running at 78/80 or something.

Secondly, you missed the point about the 12 and 99. My concern lies in what happens at the AH when you have between 13 and 98 crystals. Will you be forced to sell 1 like if you were 2-11? Would it attempt to divide by 12 once and leave you with the remainder? Those will require additional checks that every transaction will subsequently have to process, potentially meaning a slower AH for everyone. Simply converting crystals to stackable clusters avoids this nonsense, requiring only a minor tweak to their ability to stack and a listing for it in the proper AH category.

Realistically, a lot of current non-stackables should go to 12 at best. As droolworthy as 99 of something might be, how many people actually mine or log enough these days to come out with 99 copper, yew, or whatever? The harvesting points don't even support those kind of yields with how slowly they respawn and how fickle they can be in putting out.
    SE could make Clusters that grant 99 crystals when used drop off Elementals. Maybe the ones in Abyssea's.
    For the stacks of 13-98 etc.. it would work like any other stack you cannot sell them if they don't equal a full stack or1.
    However I do like the idea of the option of selling them either as 1 12 or 99 on AH but then again 1 or 99 seems less stressful on the AH.
    As far as paying more for stacks of echo drops, it all ends up panning out in the long run anyways. You would end up paying not much different if you were to buy roughly the same amount. It could be cheaper to buy a stack of 99 though vs. buying multiple stacks. The price would just balance itself out like it does now. Just at a higher price./ higher quantity. Raising the material item stacks to 99 would be a godsend to crafters.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryak View Post
    Raising the material item stacks to 99 would be a godsend to crafters.
    Yes and no. How often do you think people farm up 8 stacks of crap. It won't really make much of a difference
    (0)

Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    SE could make Clusters that grant 99 crystals when used drop off Elementals. Maybe the ones in Abyssea's.
    This would kill the crystal market.
    For the stacks of 13-98 etc.. it would work like any other stack you cannot sell them if they don't equal a full stack or1.
    We're then back to needing more AH slots as it's either 1 or 99 for the seller. Crystal market, or any market for that matter, suffers
    However I do like the idea of the option of selling them either as 1 12 or 99 on AH but then again 1 or 99 seems less stressful on the AH.
    See above, but consider the "quiver" angle is basically making stacks of 144 with a dozen 12s.
    As far as paying more for stacks of echo drops, it all ends up panning out in the long run anyways. You would end up paying not much different if you were to buy roughly the same amount. It could be cheaper to buy a stack of 99 though vs. buying multiple stacks. The price would just balance itself out like it does now. Just at a higher price./ higher quantity. Raising the material item stacks to 99 would be a godsend to crafters.
    Can't agree. I endured the change of bolt/arrow heads and fletchings from 12 to 99. It might have made the lives of woodworkers easier, but as someone who sold bolt heads, having to do 17 synths to make a stack instead of 2 meant more money was needed to prepare the batch, more time to make it, more risks of breaks, and eventually slower sales as the sale rate of ammo didn't change, just as I don't expect people to use more echo drops just because they can hold more. Once you get past the initial rush of newness, Alchemists will suffer.
    (0)

Player
    i think we can all agree that stack at 99, sell at 12...would be beneficial
    (1)

Character
    Alderin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nacht View Post
    Yes and no. How often do you think people farm up 8 stacks of crap. It won't really make much of a difference
    Pretty much every time I craft :P 8 stacks is actually reasonably low...

Before the game finished I just used the last of my 60ish stacks of Black Ink..

8 stacks is truly nothing in a crafter's world.
    (0)

Character
    Alderin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Auredant View Post
    i think we can all agree that stack at 99, sell at 12...would be beneficial
    /signed . . .
    (0)

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast