Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Character
    Ryak
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Auredant View Post
    I never said u did, i was just mentioning that if crafters could hold crystals till 99 the demand wont be as high on AH. Has nothing to do with changing stack size on AH. I'm only a casual crafter and i always have a stack of crystals on me from 1 to 12 just in case (usually in mog). I f i could dedicate 1 slot to 99 then I would never need to buy crystals of the AH so therefore it cuts down on a low level players potential sources of gil.
    I do not agree with that. This would be a better source of gil for low level players.A lot of people will be too lazy to go out and acquire a stack of 99 crystals. We already see it with stacks of 12. A stack of 99 would sell for a lot more gil than a stack of 12 would. Thus the beginning player would end up making more gil after acquiring 99 of them off monsters they killed while gaining levels outside of town.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Auredant View Post
    I never said u did, i was just mentioning that if crafters could hold crystals till 99 the demand wont be as high on AH. Has nothing to do with changing stack size on AH. I'm only a casual crafter and i always have a stack of crystals on me from 1 to 12 just in case (usually in mog). I f i could dedicate 1 slot to 99 then I would never need to buy crystals of the AH so therefore it cuts down on a low level players potential sources of gil.
    Honestly, the number of 'new players' are so few that they shouldn't really be taken into consideration these days, and besides, I doubt crystal sales will be affected too badly. Crystals have among the highest sales rates and, last I checked, they still don't drop in Abyssea.

The only thing that would have a positive effect for the dozen or so new players would be a full AH merge, which from what I remember, is in the works anyways.
    (0)

-- Fan of Abyssea and FFXI's New Direction --
    -- THF - DNC - BLM - RDM --

Quote Originally Posted by Ryak View Post
    I do not agree with that. This would be a better source of gil for low level players.A lot of people will be too lazy to go out and acquire a stack of 99 crystals. We already see it with stacks of 12. A stack of 99 would sell for a lot more gil than a stack of 12 would. Thus the beginning player would end up making more gil after acquiring 99 of them off monsters they killed while gaining levels outside of town.
    Please reread my posts. Not once did I mention changing stack sizes for sale on the AH. Everything would still be sold in their traditional stack size as it would be a programming nightmare to adjust the AH and synthesis results to accommodate the sale of all stackable items in sizes of 99.

This has been my point all along: why bother adjusting stack sizes for items here and there when instead the developers could solve the problem once and for all by increasing the stack size for player-held items to 99.
    (0)

-- Fan of Abyssea and FFXI's New Direction --
    -- THF - DNC - BLM - RDM --

Character
    Neika
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I would love to see juice and ore become stackable. And stackable instant warp and instant reraise scrolls would be awesome!
    (0)

Character
    Ryak
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Eeek View Post
    Please reread my posts. Not once did I mention changing stack sizes for sale on the AH. Everything would still be sold in their traditional stack size as it would be a programming nightmare to adjust the AH and synthesis results to accommodate the sale of all stackable items in sizes of 99.

This has been my point all along: why bother adjusting stack sizes for items here and there when instead the developers could solve the problem once and for all by increasing the stack size for player-held items to 99.
    That post was not about your post. It was for Auredant's post. The part where he said new players would not make more money from it,and I disagreed with it.
    (0)

Player
    Aside of crafting and item selling issues, they mentioned battle balance meaning they probably have to to be careful about allowing potions/ethers/drinks/etc to stack, to avoid being exploited in battle, these items as far as I remember don't have cooldowns/level restriction and only limited by space (how many you can carry), take the only limitation out and its open for abuse.
    (0)

Character
    Ryak
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhujerba View Post
    Aside of crafting and item selling issues, they mentioned battle balance meaning they probably have to to be careful about allowing potions/ethers/drinks/etc to stack, to avoid being exploited in battle, these items as far as I remember don't have cooldowns/level restriction and only limited by space (how many you can carry), take the only limitation out and its open for abuse.
    Nah I don't think so. People still go out and buy a lot of them,it would be the same thing as buying a stack.This way just saves space.
    (0)

Character
    Limecat
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I'd like to see all currently non-stacking crafting materials like hides, ore, logs, flour, horns/claws/shells, and so on, switched to stacking to 12.
    (0)

Character
    Ryak
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I honestly think that stacking all medicines to at least 12 would be good. 99 might be a bit too much for those.
    (0)

Character
    Ryak
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Limecat View Post
    I'd like to see all currently non-stacking crafting materials like hides, ore, logs, flour, horns/claws/shells, and so on, switched to stacking to 12.
    Well the thing is with stacks of 12 for those,you would still run out of room too quickly.Which is why stacks of 99 for crafting materials is perfect. Especially when your trying to mine or log. You have a tendancy to fill up extremely fast.So even just a stack of 12 could be a pain.It also allows you to keep the other stacks you would not use or need to help pay for other crafting needs.
    (0)

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast