Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    There's plenty of "warp scrolls". All you need to do is go out and participate in revive. The monsters there will be glad to send you home, and the best part is that it's free.
    All too true, though the problem is they'll often do it whether you like it or not
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    There's plenty of "warp scrolls". All you need to do is go out and participate in revive. The monsters there will be glad to send you home, and the best part is that it's free.
    I lol'd. Unfortunately, that's how I end up doing it the majority of the time now in Adoulin areas.
    (1)

Character
    Mephista
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Give me a #$*& damn'd break. This isn't white knighting or borderline white knighting or any kind of thing resebling white knighting.

White knighting is blindly defending something without good cause or reason. Where am I defending anything anywhere in this thread?

Do you have ANYTHING better to do than pick me apart? If you're going to do it, you could at least try not to be blatantly wrong when doing so.

None of us can comment accurately on ease of implementation, but I clearly said in my post that "It can't hurt." What part of this are people missing?

The whole meaning of my original statement was "well I didn't really think this was a big deal, but it would certainly be an OK thing to do."
    Alha, some people clearly have nothing better to do than be petty ass-hats about something. I saw nothing wrong with your comment and wouldn't consider it "White Knighting". It was fair and your opinion.

I agree it would be nice if they added IW , RR ect.. But it's not a really big issue at the moment. Ease of travel is a lot better now a days than it was years ago. I think people forget this.
    (1)

Character
    Sylow
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    They could be intentionally left out (see: wings of the goddess areas) or they're a coalition service (to be provided with further coalition upgrades).

I would kidnap my neighbors' children and sell them on the black market for a fast way between Adoulin and Whitegate, however
    (1)

Character
    Trumpy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    i thot i saw these scrolls offered at a npc there when i clicked a few npcs somewhere. it was like a week ago so i dont remember. anyone notice in the dats instant scrolls of protect, shell, and stoneskin?
    (0)

Character
    Horadrim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfchakan View Post
    The problem with that is burning 30 KUs every time you need to grab new ones. As Karah said in response, you can get them everywhere else, why not Adoulin, the only part of Vana'diel that is locked off from the rest of the world?

Of all the requests posted, surely this one would be very quick and easy to implement; benefiting every single player.

While I'd like to have scrolls in Adoulin, I have to say that you must not do -anything- in game if you're complaining about KU... I swear I can't walk out of Jeuno without ending up with a stack of crystals in my inventory. I could understand if you could only get it from fighting, but crystals are a gil a dozen these days. I have over 7000 KU just as residual from working on capping my skill in old areas...

Quote Originally Posted by Lollerblades View Post
    Alha, some people clearly have nothing better to do than be petty ass-hats about something. I saw nothing wrong with your comment and wouldn't consider it "White Knighting". It was fair and your opinion.

I agree it would be nice if they added IW , RR ect.. But it's not a really big issue at the moment. Ease of travel is a lot better now a days than it was years ago. I think people forget this.

This.

Am I the only one who carries warp clubs? Seriously. If you're in Adoulin there's no reason you should be on a job lower than level 36, and therefore no reason you shouldn't be able to just use a warp club. There's absolutely nothing in this game you should be rushing to that would make the 30 second wait -that- inconvenient.
    (1)
    Last edited by Horadrim; 04-09-2013 at 02:27 AM.
    Somewhere in space... this could be happening right now.

Player
    You must have been really underskilled, wow. Lol

Myself, I ride 7X/80 slots on most of my main jobs, as I try to maximize every WS, JA or spell; along with having idle and DT sets. I don't have the luxury of keeping every single crystal that falls to me and many events that myself and other already skilled/geared players do daily (Dynamis, Salvage, etc) don't provide crystals.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Myself, I ride 7X/80 slots on most of my main jobs, as I try to maximize every WS, JA or spell; along with having idle and DT sets. I don't have the luxury of keeping every single crystal that falls to me and many events that myself and other already skilled/geared players do daily (Dynamis, Salvage, etc) don't provide crystals.
    I carry gear for 4 jobs on my person and still have 10-12 slots left, counting the macro stuff which I do swap on and off. I totally understand people trying to maximize their potential, but when your inventory is so full just from macro sets for a single job that you dont even have space to pick up any loot, that's where I have to say it's excessive. It's simply not needed. I'd rather have the "luxury" of more space for drops, but that's just my preference.

The amount of gear you lug around has little to do with your actual skill level. Some people simply prefer to strike a balance- it doesn't mean they don't know how to play their job. If you want to min-max, that's fine, but you don't have to sound so high-and-mighty when you do so.

As far as getting crystals, really the best way if you need a lot in a hurry is to kill elementals. Just go to an area that has weather all the time(BCD always has ice elementals pretty much, sky has elementals 24/7 if you really want to stock up on em), get a mess of clusters, max out your kinetic units, and forget about it for the next 6 months.
    (3)

Character
    Horadrim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99

Actually, I ended up with 5 stacks alone skilling up in a 4 man PT in Gustav Tunnel while burning book just for the free merits -- I was 10 skill short of Resolution, since RUN is the only job I have other than PLD who uses G.Sword and I only got it to 270 or so before Seekers landed.

Meanwhile, I carry gear for 2-3 jobs at a time, while keeping my excess gear organized between my Sack and Satchel (Sack holds main gear: Head/body/Hands/Legs/Feet/Weapons while Satchel holds accessories and items like forbidden keys extra stuff). I carry gear, between these 3 inventories, for PUP/SCH/COR/RUN/GEO/BLM/WHM (some overlap), including oil for PUP, situational gear, etc.

And haven't even finished all of my gobbie bag quests (always forget). Don't try and talk big shit to me about how you "maximize every WS, JA, or spell" to make up for your damnable laziness. If you know you need KU, you can pick up a stack of crystals for 1-2k, or one shot an elemental on the passerby with one of your heavily optimized offensive efforts and score your 200-1000 KU with all the effort of opening the Lower Jeuno AH and turning around or going "Oh hey, I'm going to one shot that thing" and hitting a macro.
    (0)
    Last edited by Horadrim; 04-09-2013 at 07:10 AM.
    Somewhere in space... this could be happening right now.

Player
    Got it, you guys are ok with being subpar for some/all jobs. Cool, you're allowed to be those guys. A properly geared person would not be able to carry gear for all of those jobs on them, though. However, I do have one request...

Can you guys just stop posting in this thread? This is a simple request that benefits every single person that plays this game. Something SE can grant us with an infinitesimal amount of effort compared to every other current request.

The need for some of you to be Negative Nancys in every single thread is ridiculous. Alhanelem, this is yet another example of what people are complaining about
    (2)
    Last edited by Sfchakan; 04-09-2013 at 08:20 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast