Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Losie
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 75

Lunge and Magic Atk. Bonus

Grabbed an ascetic drink from a blue chest, used it, got 100+ damage boost on Lunge, so.. safe to say magic atk. boost seems to work on it, so.. grab those moldavite earrings from your mog safe while you can!
    (0)

Character
    Hideka
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    from playing with a brew, it looks like it has an upper level cap to prevent brewers from doing 9bajillion damage.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Losie View Post
    Grabbed an ascetic drink from a blue chest, used it, got 100+ damage boost on Lunge, so.. safe to say magic atk. boost seems to work on it, so.. grab those moldavite earrings from your mog safe while you can!
    Mine went from just over 400, to just under 600 with ascetics.

Quote Originally Posted by hideka View Post
    from playing with a brew, it looks like it has an upper level cap to prevent brewers from doing 9bajillion damage.
    Was this with MAB atmas too? Brew only gives you INT, not MAB.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    Was this with MAB atmas too? Brew only gives you INT, not MAB.
    I thought you got MAB as well, thats why magic based WSs under a brew are the best thing in the game, where as without a brew they are trash on nearly every job.
    (1)

Character
    Orakio
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    It isn't Dev confirmed or anything but most the theorycrafting on Brew is that it gives ~900 MAB. It also gives +99 all stats, and 99 int = ~49 MAB right?

I do agree with OP, most likely capped to prevent Lunge Cheesing fights. Full alliance of Runes with Brew up and uncapped Lunge would = 297,000 damage on just 440 weaponskill with no additional MAB outside of brew, enough to instant kill most NM's really :P
    (0)

Character
    Annalise
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Brew gives 999 stats not 99. I also doubt that brew gives any magic attack bonus. And INT =/= MAB. The 2 Int = 1 MAB was a general comparison black mages used when gearing at 75, as 2 INT was usually comparable to 1 MAB when you ran it through the damage formula.

Physical weaponskills cap out much lower than magic (especially in Abyssea where your fSTR is likely capped). After that, you only get some damage from the secondary mods (e.g. AGI: 35%). So while they are definitely boosted by brew, it's the cap that holds them back.

Magic weaponskills on the other hand don't cap out. So they get the full effect of the +999 stat, and then on top of that they have +999 stat for the secondary mod. Also, the atma that you take have a big boost to the damage as well.

For Wild Fire, if you have absolutely no native MAB (which most likely is not the case), taking Ultimate (50 MAB) + Smoldering Sky (30 Fire Affinity) + Lone Wolf (30 Fire affinity) results in a (1 x 1.5 x 1.6 = 2.4) 140% damage increase. And that's without any MAB the COR/RNG is using.
    Wild Fire already has a high ftp mod, and the 60% agility mod is going to up your damage substantially (over 16x damage).
    (0)

Character
    Orakio
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Annalise View Post
    Brew gives 999 stats not 99. I also doubt that brew gives any magic attack bonus. And INT =/= MAB. The 2 Int = 1 MAB was a general comparison black mages used when gearing at 75, as 2 INT was usually comparable to 1 MAB when you ran it through the damage formula.

Physical weaponskills cap out much lower than magic (especially in Abyssea where your fSTR is likely capped). After that, you only get some damage from the secondary mods (e.g. AGI: 35%). So while they are definitely boosted by brew, it's the cap that holds them back.

Magic weaponskills on the other hand don't cap out. So they get the full effect of the +999 stat, and then on top of that they have +999 stat for the secondary mod. Also, the atma that you take have a big boost to the damage as well.

For Wild Fire, if you have absolutely no native MAB (which most likely is not the case), taking Ultimate (50 MAB) + Smoldering Sky (30 Fire Affinity) + Lone Wolf (30 Fire affinity) results in a (1 x 1.5 x 1.6 = 2.4) 140% damage increase. And that's without any MAB the COR/RNG is using.
    Wild Fire already has a high ftp mod, and the 60% agility mod is going to up your damage substantially (over 16x damage).
    Apologies, misremembered the # of 9's. Either way BG-Wiki (kind of the de facto english #'s site for theorycrafting) had it listed as +900 MAB with testing done through forums to validate the claim.

http://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Primeval_Brew

Now since the bonus isn't explicitly confirmed by dev's I can't say it is fact, but there is every indication at least ATM that you are getting MAB out of Brew... take it how you will.
    (1)
    Last edited by orakio; 04-09-2013 at 10:57 PM.

Character
    Horadrim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by orakio View Post
    Apologies, misremembered the # of 9's. Either way BG-Wiki (kind of the de facto english #'s site for theorycrafting) had it listed as +900 MAB with testing done through forums to validate the claim.

http://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Primeval_Brew

Now since the bonus isn't explicitly confirmed by dev's I can say it is fact, but there is every indication at least ATM that you are getting MAB out of Brew... take it how you will.
    I wonder if that takes into account that you get half of your INT as MAB? Isn't the equation 2 INT = 1 MAB?
    (0)
    Somewhere in space... this could be happening right now.

Character
    Orakio
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Horadrim View Post
    I wonder if that takes into account that you get half of your INT as MAB? Isn't the equation 2 INT = 1 MAB?
    Somebody with a better understanding of the calculations for various weapons skills would have to do the number crunching on that one for you. From what I understand of reading up on it though the damage values we see on elemental weapon skills aren't accounted for just from the dInt and secondary stat modifier calculations alone hence why people hypothesized that there was a build in form of MAB in brew as well.

Ultimatley though this goes back to lunge and and brew's effect on it and from Hideka's post it appears that Lunge is not getting as large of a boost from brew as elemental weapon skills do. This seems to suggest a number of possible scenarios, either a MAB hardcap on Lunge, or incorrectly hypothesized MAB values on brew itself, or the fact that the elemental WS's have those secondary factors such as dStat values and secondary stat modifiers that lunge seems to lack.
    (0)

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    The post gives the base line:
    With no MAB, staff or multipliers a dINT capped Stone 1 is 42 damage.
    Ran a quick test on DRK/SAM and adding 19 INT did nothing to my Stone. I still did 42 damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Horadrim View Post
    Using the old 2 INT =~ 1 MAB formula for BLM nukes is only useful for spells we can't cap dINT on.

Also it was 2 INT was equivalent to 1 MAB not 2 INT gives you 1 MAB.
    (1)
    Last edited by Zagen; 04-09-2013 at 07:31 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast