Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by orakio View Post
    I do agree with OP, most likely capped to prevent Lunge Cheesing fights. Full alliance of Runes with Brew up and uncapped Lunge would = 297,000 damage on just 440 weaponskill with no additional MAB outside of brew, enough to instant kill most NM's really :P
    What the hell have you found in abyssea that you need the whole alliance to use a brew on!?!?
    (1)

Character
    Orakio
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    What the hell have you found in abyssea that you need the whole alliance to use a brew on!?!?
    Absolutely nothing, doesn't mean developers don't plan to prevent cheese mechanics. It was more of a hypothetical goofy what-if situation.
    (0)

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by orakio View Post
    Absolutely nothing, doesn't mean developers don't plan to prevent cheese mechanics. It was more of a hypothetical goofy what-if situation.
    I.e. they do learn their lesson sometimes a-la Modus Veritas. T.T
    (0)
    Samurai Archery is said to be a thing of the past, but it isn't dead yet!

Character
    Horadrim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by hideka View Post
    from playing with a brew, it looks like it has an upper level cap to prevent brewers from doing 9bajillion damage.
    I really don't think Brews have an authentic MAB... I know BG says it does, but i think that might just be the Int/2 = MAB effect they are seeing. I could very well be wrong, but I feel like with how directly MAB effect magic damage (remember MAB is handled as a percentage not as an integer like ATK or R.ATK) that even BLM numbers would be much higher.

Again, I could be absolutely wrong.

The only time you need more than one person to brew something is when you need procs.
    (0)
    Somewhere in space... this could be happening right now.

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Horadrim View Post
    I really don't think Brews have an authentic MAB... I know BG says it does, but i think that might just be the Int/2 = MAB effect they are seeing. I could very well be wrong, but I feel like with how directly MAB effect magic damage (remember MAB is handled as a percentage not as an integer like ATK or R.ATK) that even BLM numbers would be much higher.
    Might want to take the time to read every post in the thread this has already been answered and...

INT DOES NOT GIVE OR CONVERT TO MAB!
    (4)

Browsing through BG Wiki and I managed to pick out what look like the best items if you really want to pimp out your lunges:

RUN equipable MAB gear

There are a few alternative options of course, but the set I chose is the best MAB, then where multiple options have the same MAB I chose the easiest to obtain, with the best other stats (eg. I left out Chelona Hat +1 as it has enmity -6 on it... not ideal for tanking).

53 MAB, 9 slots, still has enmity -16 on it, but to drop the enmity you have to drop the MAB.

Of the 9 slots, the ring is only 1 MAB, legs 4, feet 5, and the rest is 6-8.
    (1)
    Last edited by Babekeke; 04-14-2013 at 06:06 AM.

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Browsing through BG Wiki and I managed to pick out what look like the best items if you really want to pimp out your lunges:

RUN equipable MAB gear

There are a few alternative options of course, but the set I chose is the best MAB, then where multiple options have the same MAB I chose the easiest to obtain, with the best other stats (eg. I left out Chelona Hat +1 as it has enmity -6 on it... not ideal for tanking).

53 MAB, 9 slots, still has enmity -16 on it, but to drop the enmity you have to drop the MAB.

Of the 9 slots, the ring is only 1 MAB, legs 4, feet 5, and the rest is 6-8.
    Demon Rings get MAB 1-3 augment in T.Canyon
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Zagen View Post
    Demon Rings get MAB 1-3 augment in T.Canyon
    Good point, they didn't show up on the BG wiki page for MAB. added to the gear set to total 58 MAB now.
    (0)

Character
    Horadrim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Good point, they didn't show up on the BG wiki page for MAB. added to the gear set to total 58 MAB now.
    Always check both FFXIclopedia and BG. Each one has different info and usually it takes both to get a full picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagen View Post
    Might want to take the time to read every post in the thread this has already been answered and...

INT DOES NOT GIVE OR CONVERT TO MAB!
    How about you calm down? If you're going to go into an all caps rage everytime someone doesn't read every single post in a forum you might want to reconsider posting at all.

The statement "2 INT = 1 MAB" originates as a rough comparison of the effects within the magic damage equation after/before a certain numeral value. Yeah, it doesn't convert directly, but I actually had a few conversations with LS members and some pretty serious BLMs about it while looking at some gear for GEO the consensus was that the 2:1 ratio still holds up even now.

For those curious... At 75 cap there was a lot of R&D put into the equivalent relationship between INT and Magic Attack Bonus, a final estimate of around 1.8 INT = 1 MAB was determined and even after 99 cap increase the value still holds up surprisingly well. It is, however, incredibly subjective (like most formulas are in FFXI) and whether you want to build straight MAB, balance with INT, or go straight INT (though I don't think that happens much) depends greatly on what you're doing, like Tier IV's are closer to 1.50 INT:1 MAB, depending on your race/merits/gear. And all of this is very much an outside of Abyssea thing, as Abyssea just destroys most numbers and calculations with its ridiculousness.

All of that being said, a lot of people still consider 2INT:1MAB to be a fair comparison if you keep the subjectivity of it in mind.
    (0)
    Last edited by Horadrim; 04-16-2013 at 12:57 AM.
    Somewhere in space... this could be happening right now.

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Horadrim View Post
    How about you calm down? If you're going to go into an all caps rage everytime someone doesn't read every single post in a forum you might want to reconsider posting at all..
    I'm sorry if I don't appreciate when people spread poorly worded information at best completely wrong information at worst, especially when it was already pointed out in context within the same topic. Had you spent the extra few minutes to read all the posts you would have been able to prevent this from ever happening.

Funny thing is that rough ratio is highly selective as to when it is actually true, and it is completely irrelevant to the main topic which was that Lunge benefited from MAB and then further expanded to note it has a damage cap. INT/MAB was only brought up because people were mistaken in assuming the increased damage was from 999 INT instead of the 900 MAB when using a Primeval Brew outside of the context of an INT modified spell/ws, because apparently some people interpreted the old 2INT:1MAB ratio as 2 INT converted to 1 MAB.
    (0)
    Last edited by Zagen; 04-16-2013 at 03:44 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast