Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    I can't find the post now, but didn't someone say that INT appears to have no affect on Lunge? Iirc, they tested lunge naked, then with twilight gear on (INT +25), and got the same damage.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    I can't find the post now, but didn't someone say that INT appears to have no affect on Lunge? Iirc, they tested lunge naked, then with twilight gear on (INT +25), and got the same damage.
    That seems unlikely, since RUN isn't on Twilight. :P
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    That seems unlikely, since RUN isn't on Twilight. :P
    Could have been /RUN.

Or I dreamt it. Or it was something completely different and not Lunge. Might explain why I couldn't find it in the RUN forums though >.>
    (0)

Player
    In all honesty I only knew RUN wasn't on it cause I found it terrible that RUN isn't on the Reraise Gear, which seems kinda infinitely amazing for a tank job and horrible for it to miss out on.
    (0)

On the BG testing pages, someone claims to have tested Lunge with 'all stats', though what they actually wrote is all stats apart from INT. Whether they tested INT and forgot to write it down, or whether they forgot to test INT, idk. As it happens, they tested it as PLD/RUN, but didn't use any Twilight gear. Though it could be possible that /RUN is affected differently than RUN/, just like Sneak Attack is modified differently for THF main.

However, the formula seems pretty rigid:

M for 1 Rune = 0.75
    M for 2 Runes = 1.0
    M for 3 Runes = 1.25

Lunge damage = Main hand weapon skill x M x number of runes x (1 + MAB/100)

People have suggested using sea torques for the relevant +skill for lunge, but skill falls way behind MAB. I would only suggest using the Sea Torque if inv space is an issue and you're going to use the torque to TP in anyway.
    (0)

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Abyssea would be a good place to test RUN, simply by not opting for stat enhancements, fighting something, then getting your enhancements.
    (0)
    Samurai Archery is said to be a thing of the past, but it isn't dead yet!

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    Found the post. While it does show no stats are tied to it, the tests were done /RUN so that might invalidate them. However on the second page is a test for weapon skill affecting damage which also throws out some math showing how the damage in the JP video could calculate using the formula that you posted of:

Main hand weapon skill x M x number of runes x (1 + MAB/100)
    I think all that considered it's fairly safe to say stats don't boost Lunge's damage.
    (1)

Character
    Mystaria
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Id have to agree with the
    Lunge damage = Main hand weapon skill x M x number of runes x (1 + MAB/100)

Ive noticed this too lately when I was testing and came across my lunge dmg going up ALOT as my GS skill level raised. Then stacking 3 of the same rune enhance really improved it. Was putting out 900-1500 dmg on a lunge (If you use the elm the mob is weak to) Then have some MAB on and helps too.
    (0)
    ~Battlez-avec la Mystique?~

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3