Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Kojo
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

Rune Fencer Suggestions

So, after getting to stack 2x Runes and using Lunge, I can see what Lunge is, a hate tool. BUT The recast to be a hate tool may be just a bit too long. (Yes, I realize the damage it can do and how reducing recast could be "broken")

Secondly, the job has no shield, no heavy armor, yet it's referred to as a "tank". Do I think RUN should get heavy armor, like PLD does? No, I do not. We can get quite a bit of good gear at 99, including a bit of Damage reduction/Physical damage reduction, and we have defensive magic, Protect I-IV, Stoneskin, Phalanx, and even the new Foil for special attacks. We also have A+ parrying skill, which is where I've become disappointed, I don't exactly know what Inquartata does or the rate at which it does it, but I do know the maximum Parrying rate is 20%. I feel that for RUN to be an effective and feasible tank this will need to be raised...drastically. I understand RUN is meant to be a tank against magic, but there aren't really mobs that ONLY use magic, RUN needs enough survivability to withstand the physical swings between a mob's spells.

I know I'm comparing RUN to PLD here, but PLD can get a hard cap of 65% block rate, 100% with Ochain, under certain conditions. I'm not suggesting we raise Parrying rate to 100%, I'd suggest a rate of around 55-60%.

So far, I really like this job, I like the way it works, I like the idea behind it, I want to see a new tank job thrive, be successful, and have a place in a party, but unless RUN can survive the physical hits it takes, I think it's doomed to become a back-up tank/DD/support, and we have enough of those.

Edit: It appears Inquartata does increase parrying rate to some extent. I'm neither capped at Parrying, nor good with math, so how much it increases, I don't know.
    (3)
    Last edited by Kojo; 04-06-2013 at 05:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Can you imagine waking up each morning knowing that you would have to wrestle a man-sized radish to death in order to eat?
    Sorry, had to.

Character
    Xecillia
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 0
    Stack AGI and sub something with evasion. /MNK will be very viable after the next update.
    (0)

Character
    Kojo
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Xecil View Post
    Stack AGI and sub something with evasion. /MNK will be very viable after the next update.
    I don't really think /MNK would be that great of a sub for RUN. Was gonna do /SAM, but there's that issue of Seigan vs Flash.
    (0)
    Can you imagine waking up each morning knowing that you would have to wrestle a man-sized radish to death in order to eat?
    Sorry, had to.

Character
    Hekuteku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Thus far with my experiences RUN simply just can't tank, the main hate tool is flash (lunge 3min reuse with it seemingly affected by the damage to hate reduction), sub options with it being a paper tank are pretty much Sam and nin and as far as magic goes from the testing I have done it appears to unlike rampart most of RUN abilities affect magic SPELLS and not magic based tp moves (tested using dolls and meltdown as well as pixies and their wind based tp moves).

To compair this job to pld is a joke and an insult. Paladin gets decent parry a near 100% block rate and can get 85% mdt with aegis. Sure it evades like a brick glued to a wall but mobs these days don't bat an eye to evasion tanks.

PLD has no issue holding 5-8 mobs in this new expansion on RUN I can't even hold 2 Tough grasshoppers using a decent evasion build /nin or /Sam.

RUN needs sme serious upgrades if this is supposed to be the next "tank" as SE claims
    (0)

Character
    Kojo
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Thinking set Parrying to scale in Parrying rate with Inquartata as you level up, adding several levels to Inquartata to boost Parrying rate to 55%-60%.

New Spell: Riposte
    Kinda like Reprisal but with a Parry instead of a Block.

Also, Foil seems to be VERY short in duration, I mean TOO short.
    (1)
    Sorry, had to.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojo View Post
    New Spell: Riposte
    Kinda like Reprisal but with a Parry instead of a Block.
    That already exists.
    (0)

Character
    Kojo
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Should be easy to do, then.
    (0)
    Sorry, had to.

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I agree that something should be done with Run in improving it. I was thinking that merits/gear will help, but so far without Run isnt all that imo. Foil needs to last longer too. Perhaps, some more Run specific spells as well.
    (0)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Lol

RUN's main "hate tool" is neither Lunge nor lol (seriously fcking LOL) flash. It's smacking the target upside the head. Flash is just for initial VE hate spike, after 30~60s it's utterly worthless for hate building. Lunge is good because it deals damage, at three runes it's basically a free WS worth of hate every 3min. 3min makes it unreliable for maintaining sustained hate, hitting things generates hate on every swing.

tldr: if you want to hold hate learn to hit sh1t hard and fast.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Hekuteku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    Lol

RUN's main "hate tool" is neither Lunge nor lol (seriously fcking LOL) flash. It's smacking the target upside the head. Flash is just for initial VE hate spike, after 30~60s it's utterly worthless for hate building. Lunge is good because it deals damage, at three runes it's basically a free WS worth of hate every 3min. 3min makes it unreliable for maintaining sustained hate, hitting things generates hate on every swing.

tldr: if you want to hold hate learn to hit sh1t hard and fast.
    Did you miss the last update where damage now produces far more negligible hate compared to job abilities ? On top of this have you even played RUN... do you expect a job designed as a tank to keep up damage faster than a job made to DD ? That must be the way to fix tanking why didn't anyone ever see it like you just have the PLDs all come with greatswords equipped ! But craziness and sarcasm aside a tank class will never keep up with damage class in terms of output you need other ways to generate enmity to keep you above the damage especially now where 10s of hate and the DD is now back lined for 3-5min.
    (1)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast