Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
you can't really base balance around every PLD having an aegis. The fact is not every PLD will have one, it takes a fair amount of time and gil (not as much as it used to but still, its a lot more work than just buying some shield off the AH). The fact that people are often regarding PLD as not playable without one is a problem to me. a RUN certainly deals with magic better than a PLD without an aegis does. I do agree that the resistance afforded by runes should be increased.

I was, however, perplexed by the lack of even low tier cures on the job- but I can see how adding them would be a "cop-out" as someone else said. I'm just beginning with RUN now so I can't comment with great depth,

I think the job still needs to be a bit more physically sturdy, just because even magically oriented mobs will stil do a fair amount of physical damage.
i feel native cures would be a mistake on this job. however that does not mean i do not feel it shouldn't have some form of self healing. i had an idea that revolved around the consumption of runes to provide beneficial effects that were naturally out of rune fencers reach.

Elemental Empowerment
Ward
Duration 45 Seconds per rune
Recast 3:00
consumes all runes to provide a beneficial effect to the rune fencer. effect and duration varies with runes consumed, consuming various runes results in multiple bonuses

Fire: Double attack + 2/4/8%
Water: Removes 2/4/6 status ailments
Thunder: increased critical hit rate 3/6/9%
Earth: Reduces Physical damage taken by 5/10/15%
Wind: haste + 2/5/10%
Ice: increases magic attack bonus 5/10/15
Light: Restores 15/30/45% HP
Dark: Restores 15/30/45% MP