Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Colliex
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Run need more ORIGINAL spells, I tired of the same old rehashes. SE can you give us new spells? Btw a magic tank should have the spell "reflect" its been in the data files for years. Plus foil duration needs to be addressed, its way to short.
    (1)

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Muras View Post
    I just recently got RUN to 99 so I haven't had the chance to play around with it much, but I was thinking an ability along the following lines might be useful.

Convert Runes
    Lv75 (Merit maybe?)
    Recast: 3 min
    Duration: 1.5 min (If applicable)
    Converts current runes into certain attributes. For example:
    Ignis: Attack+
    Gelus: Magic Attack Bonus+
    Flabra: Evasion+
    Tellus: Defense+
    Sulpor: Accuracy+
    Unda: Magic Defense+
    Lux: Recover HP
    Tenebrae: Recover MP

The potency of the buff or HP/MP recovery would depend on the amount of runes of that particular type. Something like Ignis x2/Unda would give a hybrid buff of attack and a little bit of M.DEF. Lux x2 and Tenebrae would heal and give a little MP. Depending on the potency this ability could be quite useful, especially for MP recovery which I find RUN lacking in a little.
    Stealing because I like and I'm a SCH. The effects of Stormsurge merit trait for SCHs is to give stat bonuses based upon the elemental weather used. Instead of a JA that consumes runes, I think I'd prefer a stormsurge like trait that applies bonuses like the ones Muras mentioned as a trait, not an ability.

The only concern I would have with this is the trade off this would have for picking runes based on monster weaknesses, on element of spell, or on the bonus applied. Take exp on Leeches for example. You pick Lux since leeches are weak to light, pick Sulpor because of their water-based abilities, or pick Ignis for attack and/or STR+.

Quote Originally Posted by Cljader1 View Post
    Run need more ORIGINAL spells, I tired of the same old rehashes. SE can you give us new spells? Btw a magic tank should have the spell "reflect" its been in the data files for years. Plus foil duration needs to be addressed, its way to short.
    They did make a job primarily comprised of all new spells. People got motion sickness.
    (0)
    Last edited by Delvish; 04-11-2013 at 04:27 AM.
    Samurai Archery is said to be a thing of the past, but it isn't dead yet!

not opposed to original spells, but I gotta admit I liked how cheap this job was to level since I already had a 99 rdm. I gotta admit I forgot all about Reflect. Absolutely break that puppy out-but NOT as a merit, merits should be something for basic functionality, like Ward recast down, Rune mastery (something that increases the damage and resistances from Rune).

@Delvish-those leeches, it's not Unda you want, it's Sulpor that gives water resist. But you nailed it on the motion sickness with Geo-and lets not forget the extra lag TYVM. We'll need to have some kind of thought put in to not making any new spells a lag issue.

BTW, could we maybe get some kind of native pull tool? We do solo occasionally and pulling helps. I know most of us do this off our sub but we shouldn't need to. Maybe a low level on throwing or something.
    (1)

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Thanks for the catch, edited. I confuse myself a lot more than I care to admit with BRD, NIN, and now RUN elemental abilities
    (0)
    Samurai Archery is said to be a thing of the past, but it isn't dead yet!

no worries, the job hasn't been out that long, but even on jobs we have been playing for years every one of us still occasionally hit the wrong macro, or forget to bring the right weapon which is still sitting in your mog locker or whatever. These terms throw me as well, I'm still practicing my macro sets and sequences I use abilities and the like, experimenting with subs, etc. all while still keeping up on all my other jobs and leveling dark. Scary would be if we didn't make mistakes, because then we'd know the term "get a life" yeah, they mean us...
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    BTW, could we maybe get some kind of native pull tool? We do solo occasionally and pulling helps. I know most of us do this off our sub but we shouldn't need to. Maybe a low level on throwing or something.
    Flash not enough?

And there are 3 'all jobs' throwing items that you can buy with imperial standing. You don't need throwing skill to use them to pull.
    (0)

Character
    Nyheen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    Flash not enough?

And there are 3 'all jobs' throwing items that you can buy with imperial standing. You don't need throwing skill to use them to pull.
    sure at lvl 70 it np. but it none before that so low lvl throwing would be ok
    (0)

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by nyheen View Post
    sure at lvl 70 it np. but it none before that so low lvl throwing would be ok
    Level 5 - Snoll/Cluster/Bomb Arm
    Level 7 - Dart
    (1)

Character
    Nyheen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zagen View Post
    Level 5 - Snoll/Cluster/Bomb Arm
    Level 7 - Dart
    you know... i forgot about them
    (0)

Character
    Horadrim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by nyheen View Post
    THIS is not a bad idea at all. this should be on the new rune abilities list
    The duration would need to be longer than a minute and a half to make this useful. Plenty of fights last longer than that. 3(D)/5(R) is a more appropriate length, and it would have to drain the runes, apply the appropriate buff, and not be effected by the new runes you put up to work -- otherwise it disproportions the usefulness some, by a lot.
    (0)
    Somewhere in space... this could be happening right now.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast