Player

Skilling Up Geomancer

For those of you struggling to raise Geo/Bell skills at the higher levels I'm going to share a method of gaining quick and easy skill ups. This is mostly for Geomancers lv 80+. If you're at the point where spamming "Indi" spells very rarely give you skill ups (somewhere around skill ~200) try this method.

In ~2 HRs my skills went from...
    Handbell 255 -> 276 (+21)
    Geomancy 240-> 255 (+15)

The basic goal here is to target level appropriate monsters (preferably crabs) and spam Sleep > Offensive Geo Spell > Full Circle for quick and easy skill ups.

1.) You'll need at least 3 offensive Geo-Spells (excluding poison) that you can cycle through without having to wait for recast timers. I use Geo-Paralyze, Geo-Slow, and Geo-Slip.

2.) /Scholar sub, so you gain dark arts and 'Sleep' which can land reliably(Grab a dark/chat staff too) you also gain Sublimation and cure III which is a plus.

3.) Go to Abyssea zones. Either join a PT and get some time extensions or simply use your Stones if you have many of them. The reason I choose abyssea zones is because offensive Geo spells cost a LOT of mp to cast and refresh atmas really help you out. Its possible to spam Geo-spells back to back without ever running dry. For Atmas I use MM (refresh), Stormbird(Refresh), and Ultimate (M. Acc). If you'rr using stones, remember to leave the zone before the 5 min mark so you may enter again without downtime.

4.) Targets. As with most skill up mobs, the best target by far are Crabs. Crabs do not double attack, their easy to sleep, have reasonable attack speed, don't hit very hard, can be aspired, and have no dangerous/annoying TP moves that you have to worry about. I've been targeting the crabs in Abyssea - Misareaux.

The Strategy:
    Find a camp with a suitable target, depending on how well you handle the monster, you can shoot for Easy Prey all the way up to Tough, I've even done VT crabs but EP-Ts works just fine.

Pull target to a safe spot away from links/aggro. You only need 1 monster for however long you plan to stay in the zone. Sleep the monster and start your spam cycle:

Geo-Paralyze > Full Circle > Geo-Slow > Full Circle > Geo-Slip > Full Circle

Rinse and repeat until your target wakes up, sleep it and start cycle again.
    Use Indie-Regen if your HP is getting low and sublimation if MP gets low. Assuming you're doing this with both geo and bell skill at 200+, your regen effect should be more than enough to keep your hp high so you won't even need to cast cure III.

You have a lot of MP restoring tools at your disposal. Aspir, Aspir II, sublimation, and Spirit Taker (you'll have 300 tp from taking hits.) However sublimation alone is all you really need to stay at max MP. I've gone hours without the use of sublimation but its good to have just in case.

I was never in any danger of death from doing this and while its a little more work than simply spamming indi-poison for hours on end, you get a heck of a lot more skill ups. Good Luck.
    (4)

Character
    Loftythoughts
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Been doing similar at lower levels to get it going. The worms in Korroloka make great mobs to geo-poison early on to get your skill started. They get it up to around 80.
    (0)

Character
    Almantia
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Doing crabs in aby mis atm, para/slow/torpor cycle. With Liminus earring at skill 160, the skillups are pretty much standard 0.3 to 0.5, very nice. MC/MM/other atmas, Teal gear, dark Yamas staff +2 means getting 180-230 mp for each Aspir 2. Haven't tried it with BEW pitaru yet, that's next.
    (0)

Player
    The worms in Abyssea - Uleguerand are probably the safest option for skilling up.

Just nuke them to death until Tough worms appear, particularly a worm close enough to the tunnel that you're out of the elemental's aggro range.

It's safe enough that you can even go AFK if your cat knows how to mash a Geo-Torpor macro.
    (0)