Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player

Ideas for the Geomancer Job

Here are some suggestions and adjustments for the geomancer job first off I must say that as a fan of the geomancer job its finally good to see how Square Enix introduced the job I would have never imagined them as buffers/nukers but the idea does certainly have great potential. I feel like my first suggestion was not really on point on where the future of the job should go so I wanted to add some adjustments to the thread in order to make a clearer view of where I think the job could perhaps go so here is version 2.0 of the thread.

Adjustments

1. The Removal of Dark Magic
    -I feel that dark magic doesn’t really fit the geomancer job I think that the reason it was added is to assist with recovering MP but there are so many other ways of going around with this concept. So drain and aspir (I-II) and dark magic skill should be removed from the geomancer arsenal.

2. Adjustments to Indi Spell Prices
    -The prices of the Indi spells after Indi-Paralysis which is a level 68 spell gradually bounces from 100k to 500k I feel that the spell cost should be adjusted above level 70 to make them more affordable perhaps make the bounce of prices 15k for each addition spell until a maximum of 300k.

3. Adjustment to the Sphere Effects
    -One thing that hinders the geomancer job unlike corsair and bards is that they cannot move there geo spells with them limiting their efficiency, in addition to that they can only use 2 buffs at the same time limiting them even more since bards and corsairs can have up to 4 buffs up at the same time and they are mobile. So I think that the buffs that geomancers create should affect all party and alliance members.

4. Rename the Geo version of spells to Gaia
    -This really isn’t such a big deal but I think that instead of using the term geo for the luopans that perhaps Gaia would fit them better because Gaia means earth, and geo is used as the aberration of the geomancer job so it could be a quick and fast change.

New Trait List

1. Conserve MP (Occasionally Reduces spells MP cost.)
    -Level 10
    -Activation Rate: 25%

2. Clear Mind (Increases the amount of MP recovered while resting.)
    -Level 15

3. Cardinal Chant (Changes the effect of your elemental magic based on your direction.)
    -Level 25
    -Job Trait only available for Geomancer.

4. Clear Mind II (Increases the amount of MP recovered while resting.)
    -Level 30

5. Terrain Embrace (Reduces the potency of area of effect damage, and lowers the duration of additional effects gained from area of effect spells.)
    -Level 50
    -Damage Reduced: 50%
    -AOE Debuff Duration: -25%

6. Clear Mind III (Increases the amount of MP recovered while resting.)
    -Level 50

7. Elemental Celerity (Quickens elemental magic spellcasting.)
    -Level 55
    -Casting Time: -15%

8. Clear Mind IV (Increases the amount of MP recovered while resting.)
    -Level 60

9. Clear Mind V (Increases the amount of MP recovered while resting.)
    -Level 75

10. Conserve MP II (Occasionally Reduces spells MP cost.)
    -Level 90
    -Activation Rate: 50%

New Indi and Gaia Spells

1. Indi-Haste (Enhances the attack speed of party members within area of effect.)
    -Level 54

2. Gaia-Haste (Enhances the attack speed of party members within area of effect.)
    -Level 60

3. Indi-Regain (Gradually Increases all party members TP within area of effect.)
    -Level 78

4. Gaia-Regain (Gradually Increases all party members TP within area of effect.)
    -Level 84

Merits

Group 1

1. Collimated Fervor Recast (Each point lowers the recast by 30 seconds)

2. Ecliptic Attrition Recast (Each point lowers the recast by 30 seconds)

3. Dematerialize Recast (Each point lowers the recast by 1 minute)

4. Aura Range (Increases the range of your and the luopan aura each point increases the range.)

5. Aura Potency (Increases the strength of your geomancy spells.)

Group 2

1. Geomantic Deuce (Ability) (Allows you to summon 2 luopans at the same time)
    -Every additional point lowers the recast by 25 seconds.
    -All abilities that affect luopan is split in half between both luopans.
    -Recast: 3 minutes
    (0)
    Last edited by Brightshadow; 04-14-2013 at 02:57 AM.

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Probably should move this on geomancer section ^^
    (0)

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    1. Higher skill with combined Handbell/Geomancy. Total in the 700s, while A+ is only in 400s without gear.

2. (As a Scholar) NO TO EVERY DAMNED WEATHER BOOST REQUEST. Bad enough you can sub and get the spell, much less accession it to everyone else >.>

3. Your MACC traits are irrelevant, considering the geo/indi buffs you'll primarily be using essentially take effect without fail.

4. Why you ask for elemental celerity later is beyond me.

5. The only thing I like, Geomantic Deuce. GEO's biggest drawback is its restriction to 1 Indi and 1 Geo spell. Having a second would make things far more effective and make GEO tons more useful. I wouldn't consider it over-powered either because the Luopans can't move.
    (0)
    Samurai Archery is said to be a thing of the past, but it isn't dead yet!

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Delvish View Post
    1. Higher skill with combined Handbell/Geomancy. Total in the 700s, while A+ is only in 400s without gear.

2. (As a Scholar) NO TO EVERY DAMNED WEATHER BOOST REQUEST. Bad enough you can sub and get the spell, much less accession it to everyone else >.>

3. Your MACC traits are irrelevant, considering the geo/indi buffs you'll primarily be using essentially take effect without fail.

4. Why you ask for elemental celerity later is beyond me.

5. The only thing I like, Geomantic Deuce. GEO's biggest drawback is its restriction to 1 Indi and 1 Geo spell. Having a second would make things far more effective and make GEO tons more useful. I wouldn't consider it over-powered either because the Luopans can't move.
    Geo is built like a BLM/BRD~ combo, we get high elemental skill and they give us loads of mage gear (still would rather be more DD like personally) and the new -ra spells are decent AoE nukes, so they either need to treat them like real nukers or get off the pot and find something else aside from "meh" buff/debuffers.
    (0)

Character
    Raborn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I want to use this opportunity to make the game have a more entertaining aspect,

In the future, it would be cool to see handbells that have different shapes but also have different sounds.

Like a Cowbell! with moar cowbell sound.

Or a Cowbell that moos!

Maybe a monster shaped bell with a monster sound like a Crabbell that does the crab noise.

Make it so we can be unique in our Geomanceryness.
    (1)

Player
    Updated the thread took many things into consideration thank you !~
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightshadow View Post
    1.) Increase Geomancy magic skill to A +
    -I don't see a reason why the master of geomancy should have a C ranking for their main magic skill.

2.) Adjustments to handbells
    -Add a bell sound to the casting animation of geomancers.
    -Remove the handbell skill, but make equipping a handbell necessary to create the area of effect aura, if not the effect is self target.
    This would require a reworking of the how the potency of every single Indi- and Geo- effect is calculated and accomplish literally nothing for all that effort.

Also, there is already a bell sound when casting. It's just very faint and often obscured by the sound of magic being magical or whatever that casting noise is.
    (0)

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    The plus side of having only Geomancy skill at A+ and no bell is geomancy would be more potent when subbed I believe. As of now /GEO is stuck with 1/4 skill total because we can't equip bells on other jobs. But the OP requirement of a bell for AOE would probably kill the /GEO utility.

I can't match up dark magic to GEO either, but with the utility of it I don't care about the lore. GEO spells are expensive atm, so I'll take all the Aspir I can get. If SE wants to do something creative for MP recovery like they did with SCH sublimation in its first update, great, but for now I'll keep Aspir, thanks.

Are you sure weather should be a GEO thing? I'm not, and not just because I want it for my SCH only. It was as close as we could get to GEO for a long time, but I think SE got it right here. GEO reminds me more of bringing effects up from the earth, a la life stream and polarity/magnetism/cardinal chant. Even the -ra spells seem to explode up from below. I'll leave the atmospheric stuff to SCH.

I like your double Luopan thing. Also some of the spells. Sleep is what I'd like most right now so I'm not strapped to SCH Add:Black. I had doubted the possibility of an unresistable sleep aura that works the way these other enfeebles to, but they could put limitations on it. I think it would just be simpler to add native enfeebling skill though.
    (0)

Player
    Updated the thread this is V2.0 many changes were done hope you guys like it .
    (0)

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Alot of jobs are defined through the AF/Relic/Empy gear that they have available. Since GEO has none of them available at all atm i would sustain from changeing the job to much, minor changes are fine, but major changes no thx. The Job is in a ok Spot atm (when compared to RUN) and can only get better.
    (2)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast