Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player

What are Game Master for in this game?

Today in Dynamis- Beaucedine 3 (supposed to be) Japanese (named Chongong, Broliono and Wqkun) camped over me like they did the last days in the past week. And it's getting worse and worse. But today atleast one of them stepped over a border.
    It started when one of the other group and me provoked an orc and i got the claim.
    They kept running around/stand beside me and we tried to claim any mob we could for currency. When my pet fought a PLD Orc and i fought a THF Orc, Broliono acted bold and attacked the one i was fighting as it got unclaimed for a while cause my pet hit the PLD Orc. He didn't stop until i did 1000+ damage with Ruinator.
    The Game Master i called said he does understand me, but he can't help cause they totally act within the game rules. Even in areas with a time limit like in Dynamis.

So, if GMs can't take action on character names that are named after drugs, names with sexual or historical explosive content, if they aren't written in an official supported game language, or cause a group of people ruined your game like the group did on me, then what is the use/the purpose for Game Masters in this game anymore? They can't just be there to save us, should we get stuck in a glitch and forgot any chance to warp away.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Those don't look like names of drugs to me. Also, a name of a drug is not inherently offensive, nor is it a form of cursing. It's not a crime for me to say words like "Marijuana" or "pot" or "Ecstasy".

What those people did is not against the rules, of course a GM is not going to act. If a mob is unclaimed, anyone can do anything to it, even if it has hate on you. That doesn't mean it isn't rude, or ass-hattery, but it's not breaking the laws of the game.

The GM told you it's not against the rules, and it's not. So why are you complaining that they don't do anything when there was no violation?

If they did something that was actually against the rules and the GM said "sorry, can't help you" THEN you would have a case. A GM's primary purpose is to investigate and take action for violations of the user agreement, and they also help with specific other things, e.g. getting stuck in the terrain, Player Event Support, and one time item restores.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 04-04-2013 at 01:17 AM.

"hi, my name is broliono and today in dynamis-beaucidine, some beastmaster named nyclia kept camping on top of me and my friends. thay have been for days but today they really crossed a line, trying to hold multiple mobs at once between them and their pet..."

see what i did there?

blah blah blah dynamis overcrowding sucks, but you don't own dynamis.
    (7)

Character
    Hekuteku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Those don't look like names of drugs to me. Also, a name of a drug is not inherently offensive, nor is it a form of cursing. It's not a crime for me to say words like "Marijuana" or "pot" or "Ecstasy".

What those people did is not against the rules, of course a GM is not going to act. If a mob is unclaimed, anyone can do anything to it, even if it has hate on you. That doesn't mean it isn't rude, or ass-hattery, but it's not breaking the laws of the game.

The GM told you it's not against the rules, and it's not. So why are you complaining that they don't do anything when there was no violation?

If they did something that was actually against the rules and the GM said "sorry, can't help you" THEN you would have a case. A GM's primary purpose is to investigate and take action for violations of the user agreement, and they also help with specific other things, e.g. getting stuck in the terrain, Player Event Support, and one time item restores.
    Actually as far as I can tell all a gm does anymore is tell you to report to the stf the report being stuck command usually returns you to your hp before being answered and botting or something such as running around in dynamis full time faster than flee is generally ignored and I am told to report to the stf which I am pretty sure just goes into someones junk box as nothing is ever done about it. They do hand out prizes though from community events !
    (0)

Character
    Fynlar
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Just because you have a pet doesn't give you a right to hold two mobs.

If you wanna keep two mobs claimed, bring two people
    (9)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Actually as far as I can tell all a gm does anymore is tell you to report to the stf
    Uh, no, if you report someone for breaking the rules, that doesn't mean you're reporting them for being RMT. If you report someone for a bad name, or holding mosnters for extended periods of time, or scamming, or something of that sort, the gm will look into it. GMs have very specific purposes in the game and they don't do anything outside of those purposes. If you need technical help, they'll refer you to the support website. If you want to report RMT, they will tell you to in the future report it to the STF (but they will forward your report for you).

The STF is specifically for dealing with RMT. GMs handle non-RMT violations.

And as the poster above said, One player is only allowed to claim one mob at a time, regardless of whether or not they have a pet. It is not a violation of any rules if someone attacks or tries to claim an unclaimed monster with hate against you or your pet.
    (2)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 04-04-2013 at 04:13 AM.

Character
    Hekuteku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Uh, no, if you report someone for breaking the rules, that doesn't mean you're reporting them for being RMT. If you report someone for a bad name, or holding mosnters for extended periods of time, or scamming, or something of that sort, the gm will look into it. GMs have very specific purposes in the game and they don't do anything outside of those purposes. If you need technical help, they'll refer you to the support website. If you want to report RMT, they will tell you to in the future report it to the STF (but they will forward your report for you).

The STF is specifically for dealing with RMT. GMs handle non-RMT violations.

And as the poster above said, One player is only allowed to claim one mob at a time, regardless of whether or not they have a pet. It is not a violation of any rules if someone attacks or tries to claim an unclaimed monster with hate against you or your pet.
    They will not handle any call relating to third party tool use, the stf has a form for use of third party tools and as such a gm will redirect you (usually through automated message) to report it there.

For holding mobs maybe we have different experiences but it has only twice resulted n a gm showing up and one of those the gm deemed it fine and they were making it a reasonable effort swinging at a mob with relic swords (not excaliburthe actualrelic sword base weapon 1dmg 999 delay) that would not even break the mobs auto regen. And the other claimed the mob had a rage timer (it didn't at the time but it was added in a future update namely sandworm being held for 5hrs so the competing ls could keep it in their capable times)

GM power has steadily been removed over the last 8 years so it's really not their fault more the company policy in how a GM is able to act/respond but unless it's something such as yelling racist profanities in jueno (even then it took nearly an hour and the person was released from jail with a warning then re jailed after another hour of doing it again) they are by company policy unable to act.
    (0)

Character
    Craftthree
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyclia View Post
    Today in Dynamis- Beaucedine 3 (supposed to be) Japanese (named Chongong, Broliono and Wqkun) camped over me like they did the last days in the past week. And it's getting worse and worse. But today atleast one of them stepped over a border.
    It started when one of the other group and me provoked an orc and i got the claim.
    They kept running around/stand beside me and we tried to claim any mob we could for currency. When my pet fought a PLD Orc and i fought a THF Orc, Broliono acted bold and attacked the one i was fighting as it got unclaimed for a while cause my pet hit the PLD Orc. He didn't stop until i did 1000+ damage with Ruinator.
    The Game Master i called said he does understand me, but he can't help cause they totally act within the game rules. Even in areas with a time limit like in Dynamis.

So, if GMs can't take action on character names that are named after drugs, names with sexual or historical explosive content, if they aren't written in an official supported game language, or cause a group of people ruined your game like the group did on me, then what is the use/the purpose for Game Masters in this game anymore? They can't just be there to save us, should we get stuck in a glitch and forgot any chance to warp away.
    This is hilarious, when I was first starting to play FFXI, I played a whm tarutaru in those days, and a JP group came in on goblins inside a cave we were camping in, think it was one of off branch caves, and they showed up, camped on top of us, pulled goblins over and let the bombs hit me right in the back of my tarutaru head, they litterly would mpk me and laugh at my dead body, it was so leet cause we tried so hard to pay them back and it never worked. Those JP knew just how to mpk and obviously found it funny as hell that we got mad in english.
    (0)
    Last edited by Bahamut; 04-04-2013 at 10:02 AM.

So go into a different zone maybe? or try entering at a different time?
    (1)

I didn't sit on top of a tree for 6 years to get out damaged by a bunch of weapons that take a week or less to finish.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mittenz View Post
    They will not handle any call relating to third party tool use, the stf has a form for use of third party tools and as such a gm will redirect you (usually through automated message) to report it there.

For holding mobs maybe we have different experiences but it has only twice resulted n a gm showing up and one of those the gm deemed it fine and they were making it a reasonable effort swinging at a mob with relic swords (not excaliburthe actualrelic sword base weapon 1dmg 999 delay) that would not even break the mobs auto regen. And the other claimed the mob had a rage timer (it didn't at the time but it was added in a future update namely sandworm being held for 5hrs so the competing ls could keep it in their capable times)

GM power has steadily been removed over the last 8 years so it's really not their fault more the company policy in how a GM is able to act/respond but unless it's something such as yelling racist profanities in jueno (even then it took nearly an hour and the person was released from jail with a warning then re jailed after another hour of doing it again) they are by company policy unable to act.
    GM power hasn't been removed, its more the situations where we used to use it don't arise nearly as much anymore (e.g. monster holding, linkshell wars).

Most 3rd party tool use reports probably get ignored because they're unprovable. SE doesn't use any mechanism in the client to scan for them (legal privacy issue supposedly, though VAC does it, various anti-cheat engines do it) and it's usually a he-said, she-said thing.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast