Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Player
    @Doombringer: You would be right, if i would be the one to come after they were already fighting in the area. But they arrived after me all the time. And i never said i want to own Dynamis.

@Fynlar: Please say that to anyone who tries to claim 2 mobs as BST on your own server. They will be very happy for the advice though. ^^* And everyone will act as you say cause everyone is nice. Or not. o.o,

And in this special fight i attacked 2 mobs cause they were close to each other and may would have linked or aggro me anyway. Everyone acted so hastily, we couldnt pull every mob away into a corner or the other(s) may steal it once they get the chance. You know how people are. And they wouldn't be able to know, if i just got a link or if i attacked them on purpose. Cause they were out of sight range as i started the fight. This Thief attacked my mob when i was fighting a while. So he decided to steal it on purpose, just to anger me in the heat of situation in Dynamis.

And for Nidhogg. Yes, i will enter it on a different time from now. It's not worth to straight aim for a fight. My vacation is done soon anway.
    (0)

Character
    Fynlar
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    @Fynlar: Please say that to anyone who tries to claim 2 mobs as BST on your own server. They will be very happy for the advice though. ^^* And everyone will act as you say cause everyone is nice. Or not. o.o,
    Whenever any solo person tries to complain about it, this is exactly what I tell them.

I'm not saying you can't try to fight two mobs at once. It's Dynamis, links happen, not just to BSTs. I'm saying don't bother complaining when someone goes and swipes one of them from you. Again, it's Dynamis, and it's not just your zone anymore.

Being a pet job doesn't give you special entitlement to holding two mobs. If you wanna securely hold two mobs, bring another character.
    (5)

Character
    Hekuteku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    GM power hasn't been removed, its more the situations where we used to use it don't arise nearly as much anymore (e.g. monster holding, linkshell wars).

Most 3rd party tool use reports probably get ignored because they're unprovable. SE doesn't use any mechanism in the client to scan for them (legal privacy issue supposedly, though VAC does it, various anti-cheat engines do it) and it's usually a he-said, she-said thing.
    Flee hacks are more present now than ever and all a GM has to do is look or /follow a player fleeing around dynamis on nin/dnc (faster than I can actually flee on thf) 100% of the time but instead i get an automated message saying to report it to the stf. What about the fishbots that fish up in 2s fish that even if you have the absolute best luck it would take MINIMUM 15+s to drain its stamina if it stayed on one direction. Sure some people are subtle about it so you cant really guarentee but even the blatent ones are ignored and after months of reporting nothing is done (same player for 3 weeks before i stopped going during that time did it every day in dynamis valk, every day its the same automated message). if you dont think their GM policies have changed view it now and try to hunt down the old one from before the STF introduction. I can tell you they have indeed changed the policy a lot over the years and GM's have indeed lost a lot of their... authority for lack of a better word. (if you look online you can find the old GM handbook complete with notes online and not the policy guide the actual GM handbook from 2004 or 2005)
    (0)

Character
    Delekii
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with anything the other group did as described in the first post. Dynamis is no longer an exclusive zone, and is thus a competitive zone. It sucks that they decided to camp where you were camping, but they also probably think it sucks that you are camping where they want to camp. They are well within their rights to try to push you out, and to attack mobs that have turned yellow; that is the reason why there are mechanics in place to govern claiming of mobs that already have other parties on their threat table.

This might be an unpleasant situation for you, but it certainly doesn't warrent a GM involvement. What do you expect them to do? Anything that isn't specifically outside of the rules of the game becomes a subjective issue and thus outside the realm of the GMs to handle fairly and objectively. Make an argument for a change in game mechanics to suit your viewpoint of the forums if you must, but as they stand now, the other party was in the right.
    (0)

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I just don't understand why there is such a problem in Dynamis Beaucedine of all places. The zone is massively large, not to mention is usually empty because it sucks to farm there. It's ludicrous to be camping on top of one another like children at war on the playground.
    (0)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Vold View Post
    I just don't understand why there is such a problem in Dynamis Beaucedine of all places. The zone is massively large, not to mention is usually empty because it sucks to farm there. It's ludicrous to be camping on top of one another like children at war on the playground.
    you have to factor in Job-types that spawn in the camp and possible Nms that can spawn there and that leaves you with not so many camps left.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2