Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player

Rune Enchantment

Maybe I'm missing something but what use is rune enhancement? With a one handed sword the additional damage is 1 and with great sword it's 2 and this is with me using the rune for the element the monster is weak to. I thought I see if I'm doing something wrong before I write this off as a useless ability.
    (0)

Character
    Hesper
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Your Rune damage is based off of the Damage of your weapon higher damage = more En Spell Effect Damage
    (0)

Character
    Horadrim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nureus View Post
    Your Rune damage is based off of the Damage of your weapon higher damage = more En Spell Effect Damage
    I think the question is what level are you...? Until you get 2-3 Runes yeah, you end up seeing a lot of 0-2 bonuses. My rune damage tends to be around 10% of my average damage.

And I think its based off of your weapon delay (like Store TP), Nureus. People have reported dual wielding weapons (which puts your delay around GS territory) yielded them with total additional effect similar to using a 2h weapon of the same delay. Technically you're usually getting less damage per swing and other factors (such as TP building speed) are what make it better.
    (0)
    Somewhere in space... this could be happening right now.

Character
    Hesper
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Delay might be a factor too but I tested out /RUN with a Treat Staff II and that weapon did 0 damage every time then when I put on a staff that had higher damage and the same delay the en spell effect actually started hitting for damage. I still believe that Damage is at the very least because of this a part of the En Spell Effect calculations from Runes.
    (0)

Character
    Horadrim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nureus View Post
    Delay might be a factor too but I tested out /RUN with a Treat Staff II and that weapon did 0 damage every time then when I put on a staff that had higher damage and the same delay the en spell effect actually started hitting for damage. I still believe that Damage is at the very least because of this a part of the En Spell Effect calculations from Runes.
    You're probably right.

It's hard to say without someone doing extensive testings which is more important. Maybe they even have specific weapon types pre-classified for damage possibilities?
    (0)

Character
    Orakio
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    Everything I have seen seems to point at some combination of weapon delay and weapon damage in the calculations for the en- effect.

Maybe even just based on weapon dps somehow as I have heard reports of similar dps 1handers and 2handers with similar en- numbers.
    (0)

Character
    Horadrim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by orakio View Post
    Everything I have seen seems to point at some combination of weapon delay and weapon damage in the calculations for the en- effect.

Maybe even just based on weapon dps somehow as I have heard reports of similar dps 1handers and 2handers with similar en- numbers.

o_O

Aah... I was thinking you might have been exactly right but I think my average 1 Rune damage is around 18 and Jingang's DPS is 13.81 -- maybe other stats (INT, STR, MND?) have an effect on them as well?
    (0)

Character
    Orakio
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    Not necessarily a 1:1 ratio on the weapon dps but it may be a factor in damage calculation.

So far this is how i have heard rune enchantment behave
    *A 2h Weapon and a 1H (non-dw) weapon of the same weapon dps will do about the same damage on each hit of a rune
    *Dual Wielding a weapon alters the calculation for rune damage, appears to approximately half it per hit if utilizing 2 identical dps weapons
    *Using a low dps weapon with a high dps weapon while dual wielding will decrease the damage of runes on BOTH weapons
    *Using a very low dps weapon, whether 2handed or 1handed, will result in drastically lower rune damage.

As for an actual calculation on how it works.... no idea here
    (0)

Character
    Hesper
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I don't think Stats are part of the calculation since I tryed DRK/RUN with a Great Sword with no Stats like STR and INT fully naked then put on my Twilight Mail Set and saw no change in the En Spell damage. I think the Enspell damage effect from runes is purely calculated from weapon. Though it might be effected by things like Enspell damage + that comes from the earrings Lycopodium Earring and Hollow Earring though the only way to find out is to find someone who has these earrings. Kind of sad though that other then these Earrings everything else that has this stat is a Sword that is RDM only.
    (0)

Character
    Covenant
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    ENSPELLS have always been underwhelming in FFXI since Redmages. I'm not sure why SquareEnix restrains magic so much in this game especially for the NON-nuking jobs. DoT's, etc are underwhelming most give about 100-200 damage per effect(pulled that out of my butt).

Logically, I understand that all these Dot's and enspells cumalatively would add to alot of dps, but realistically a Redmage especially is doing other things most battles like haste, refreshing, curing etc.

I would love one of these math genius, to post a battle damage comparison chart listing a basic redmage vs X job. Where all cumalative damage are compared.

I'm only a lvl 16 rune so I haven't seen the full effect of a lvl 99 rune.. but I feel it's underwhelming at the moment. I basically feel like a weak-ass redmage.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast